SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
Hi
I would like to update to your most current build but its a little unclear on how to get back to a clean SageMC install. Would I have to install the complete sageMC package instead of their update package? I updated my install to the latest sageMC but your STVi was still in the import directory. So if you could just let me know the right way to do it I would appreciated it.
If you've upgraded to the latest version of SageMC then you already have a clean install. All you need to do is extract my latest zip file into the correct directory and import it into SageMC. Now goto the TV screen options and add AMIS. Everytime you go back to the default Sage UI and add the SageMC16x9 stv you get a clean slate. All you have to do is re-import any imports you want to use.

Quote:
One other thing on my sagetv server (computer) your movie info screens look great (fanart is the right aspect ratio) but on my Samsung 750 the Fanart aspect ratio looks off. Ive played with the different aspect ratio settings to no avail. thanks in advance for the info.
Try changing the overscan settings from within Sage UI options.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Artwork aspect ratio on extender

OK i have Identified the aspect problem. On my sage tv server when I set my movie fanart display options to have a background of any base (ie black base) it places the base over the screen art preserving the aspect ratio of the artwork. However on the media extender (HD-200) it squeezes the art work between the base and the top of the screen. I would like the media extender to keep the aspect ratio of the artwork. Is there a way to make it do the same as the version on my Sage tv server?
Old 04-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK i have Identified the aspect problem. On my sage tv server when I set my movie fanart display options to have a background of any base (ie black base) it places the base over the screen art preserving the aspect ratio of the artwork. However on the media extender (HD-200) it squeezes the art work between the base and the top of the screen. I would like the media extender to keep the aspect ratio of the artwork. Is there a way to make it do the same as the version on my Sage tv server?
The only thing I can suggest is to adjust the overscan options from within the default Sage UI and not the aspect ratio options. I don't think this is the same issue from a few weeks ago as I'm sure other people would be posting about it. If anyone else chimes in with the same issue then I'll look into it further.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have adjusted the overscan it changed nothing.

For now I have just turned the base option off on my extender this displays the 1920x1080 fanart correctly. But again if I use a black or white base (which I would like too) it compresses the picture to fit between the base and the top of the screen instead of over lapping the base graphic over the picture like it does on my server.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just wanted to say that sageTV is nice but your STVi is what makes it great.
That being said I had no problems with version 1.0 set it up first time with minimal problems. I am now trying to update to your latest 2.0 version and I’m having a terrible time not being able to get my Fanart to show up. I have followed your install directions and the Geek guides with no luck. I have made sure that the fan art path is defined. Mine happened to be g:/fanArt and also tried moving it to a Public folder and sharing it. I tried renaming the movie in the AMIS window to make sure it matched the background .jpg name. I’m out of ideas so I restored my back up and everything is working fine with old version. I would love to be able to take advantage of your new options like not showing the folder graphic but only cover art when you have multiple files but can’t until I get this figured out.

Recap:
Installed newest sageTV and sageMC (clean install)
Installed AMIS 2.0
followed install guide
1. In SageMC, goto My Menu -> Settings, and select "Import STVi" and import the "Advanced_Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0a_**" file.
2. goto My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Main -> Screen Specific Options -> Video Library -> Custom Programme Info Screen. Find "AMIS" in the list and select it.

and GeekTonic guide
1. In SageMC, browse to Settings>SageMC>Main>GlobalUI Options>Display> Set this as "enabled"
2. Browse to Settings>SageMC>Paths>Media Bkgrnd File Path. Here you need to enter or browse to the location where you'll be saving all of your fanart

I tried moving fanart location and sharing the folder.

Nothing has worked so far I get the custom Aims screen but no fan art

One other thing if anyone knows the tweak to get your cover art to stay loaded I would appreciate it. Had it set up on old install but can’t find the info on it now. The new install was constantly loosing the cover art and having to reload it.
Thanks guys for any help in advance!

Last edited by veger69; 04-19-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

I’d double check that you have Fanart enabled: Main/Global UI Options/Display… After you did your fresh install of Sage this setting would have been reverted to Disabled and now causing you some minor issues
Old 04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for the reply but I did have that enabled if you follow the intall guide and the geektonic guide it covers all the settings
ie

enable fanart
set video options to use amis
enter fanart directory location
name background the same as the movie file or the imdb name you enter
Old 04-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

For the new Fanart system your last line is not correct...

The fanart needs to be in a folder that is named the same as your show. The actual image name is not important.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Ok popping in again. First let me apologize for asking for this but I must be getting dumber in my old age. I have reviewed the links that jaminben gave on how to enable fanart etc and get this import going but I am unable to do it (like I said I must have killed off all my brain cells lately I dunno)

Can someone assist me with getting this going as I like the interface I see here and want to use it on my HD200s (which I will now need 4 more of since I cannot get my XBOX 360s to stream my DVDs) as I really Media Browser and this appears very similar to it.

I have installed on a Vista Ultimate Machine the Sage TV software (with extender and placeshifter support). Please tell by steps what I should do to make this import work.

I should mention that all I am doing is using the Vista machine to stream to the Sage HD200s I have throughout the house. The Vista machine will not be used as an HTPC.

Thanks in advance for anyone who cares to help me out!!

Greg
Old 04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer View Post
For the new Fanart system your last line is not correct...

The fanart needs to be in a folder that is named the same as your show. The actual image name is not important.
So in my case I should have
G:/fanart/movies/(movie file name)/random-name.jpg
for the images to work?

Is there a way to copy my custom AMIS options into the new install so I do not have to set it up again?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Sage Icon

You should use:

G:\Fanart\Movies\(movie file name)\Backgrounds\random-name.jpg
G:\Fanart\Movies\(movie file name)\Posters\random-name.jpg

Or since your using other clients UNC path is better:

\\(computer name)\G\Fanart\Movies\(movie file name)\Backgrounds\random-name.jpg
\\(computer name)\G\Fanart\Movies\(movie file name)\Posters\random-name.jpg
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

Why not install BMT and let it do all the heavy lifting?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Why not install BMT and let it do all the heavy lifting?
What is BMT?? I have seen it mentioned here several times but haven't quite deciphered it yet.

Greg

**EDIT -- I too am having issues getting the artwork, movie data etc to show up. I got AMIS loaded and in use last night but I know I am missing something to get this working 100%
Old 04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS2000 View Post
What is BMT?? I have seen it mentioned here several times but haven't quite deciphered it yet.

Greg

**EDIT -- I too am having issues getting the artwork, movie data etc to show up. I got AMIS loaded and in use last night but I know I am missing something to get this working 100%
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34301
Old 04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage User

Got it.

Man the install guide makes me nervous. That sure is a lot of steps and things to do

Greg
Old 04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

It's not hard; summerized version.

- Unzip
- Add a line to the sage.properties file
- import the stvi
- config it (in the enhancements section)
- dl fanart
Old 04-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Sage Icon

As Andy said, its easier than it looks but so worth taking the time to do.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Sage User

Gotcha.

I downloaded a 700mb plus artwork package that another forum member kindly did so I have a lot of stuff on the system already so hopefully this will help as well.

Can I just review the AMIS process...

I have done the following:

1. Installed SageTV
2. Downloaded and installed(extracted) SageMC (full edition)
3. Selected SageMC under Settings
4. Downloaded and extracted AMIS
5. Set Fanart to a central folder as below

D:\Fanart\Movies\movie name\
D:\Fanart\Music\artist name\album name\
D:\Fanart\TV\show name\

**There are folders inside each of these that say Background, Cover Art, Banner, Poster (this came from the forum member I mentioned above)

6. Selected AMIS under SageMC settings

When I go into SageMC I have nice greyish/black swirly background but no images (other than a screen capture of the movie) nor any "movie data". If I pick the movie and then edit the info, search IMDB I get the info but is poorly looking text.

LMK what step I missed as I am sure I missed something here.

Thanks

Greg

Last edited by GCS2000; 04-24-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

The first thing I would do was make sure fanart images/metadata works in the default SageMC veiws before I even attempted to use AMIS.

The folders which hold all the fanart should look like:

D:\Fanart\Movies\Star Wars\Backgrounds\any image name.jpg
D:\Fanart\Movies\Star Wars\Posters\any image name.jpg

D:\Fanart\Movies\Spider Man\Backgrounds\any image name.jpg
D:\Fanart\Movies\Spider Man\Posters\any image name.jpg
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Set your fanart folder in BMT and sagemc.