SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well using HText menus, on the Main Menu, if you select MyMenu, it brings you to the My Menu Page. If your Left all the way to page end it does nothing, but if you page all the way right it brings you back to the Main Menu.

Could this be something viable to implement?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I was just thinking, couldn't it behave like some other screens where when you get to the leftmost highlighted area the next left takes you back a screen?
Thats what I've done So in this case the "Play" button is the furthest left point and thats what will take you back a screen. It works well on my setup but I'm just waiting to hear back from the tester to make sure, as soon as he says its ok then it will uploaded
Old 12-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ben,

This is am amazing addon to the Video Library. Have you given any thoughts to tweaking the main Video Library to bring it in line with the overall slick feel of the Movie Details page? maybe something like the movie wall from the xbox media center skin Aeon but without the 4 way moving? Or even just your horizontal menu on the bottom with sorting options (Alphabetical, date added, genre,perhapse even a star rating if that could be done) and then just large box art above similar to the current setup (but without the menu options on the left. Something simple and minimal . . just some food for thought.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Ben,

This is am amazing addon to the Video Library. Have you given any thoughts to tweaking the main Video Library to bring it in line with the overall slick feel of the Movie Details page? maybe something like the movie wall from the xbox media center skin Aeon but without the 4 way moving? Or even just your horizontal menu on the bottom with sorting options (Alphabetical, date added, genre,perhapse even a star rating if that could be done) and then just large box art above similar to the current setup (but without the menu options on the left. Something simple and minimal . . just some food for thought.
I'm hoping the iMovies import by jvl711 will achieve this
Old 12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36791

This is what he is refering to. It is Beta and might be getting better with a lil help from Ben and others.

I can't wait to see the next revision.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

iMovies is great, i've been using it since it was released. I love the minimal look to it, but for scrolling large libraries i thought it might be nice to see more than 1 row of movies, however after looking at the screen's he uploaded on page 2 of the future release, i see there are multiple view options. so hopefully one of them includes multiple rows are an option. Great work everyone, its nice to get excited about the directions Sage developers are going!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Sage User

Wow - looks great! Can anyone comment on the speed or smoothness of the cover art animation on an HD100 extender?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure if this is related to the stvi or not, but when i imported it from the hd100 and then tried to start watching House about 15 min after it started (from my hdhr) my playback was really choppy and unwatchable. I went up to my server and checked the recording there through sage and it looked fine. So downstairs on the hd100 i removed the movie info stvi and went back to the base sagemc16X9.xml file and playback was flawless.

I did try to recreate the problem with already recorded programming but it worked with the movie info stvi imported. I'll try and do more testing tomorrow at some point. just an fyi.

~ Brian

EDIT: I tried to recreate the problem this morning but with no luck. I'm hoping this was just a coincidence and not actually anything to do with the stvi.

Last edited by VikingCrown; 12-10-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

where do you get the image files from? is there a tool to automatically download them? if not, is anyone working on one?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Sage Icon

The latest version has been uploaded which fixes the "edit info" button and adds left as back.

Enjoy
Old 12-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
The latest version has been uploaded which fixes the "edit info" button and adds left as back.

Enjoy
Jaminben,

I love this import. It makes the FanArt really pop.

I was wondering if you are going to support the tv episodes screen fully? If you are do you think you might be able to modify the thumbnail portion to expect a tv screen cap instead of a dvd cover. It currently squishes the screen cap. Maybe you could use a TV back drop instead of a dvd cover for the thumbnail.

Anyways, great work, and I can not wait to see what you come up with next!

Last edited by jvl711; 12-10-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Jaminben,

I love this import. It makes the FanArt really pop.

I was wondering if you are going to support the tv episodes screen fully? If you are do you think you might be able to modify the thumbnail portion to expect a tv screen cap instead of a dvd cover. It currently squishes the screen cap. Maybe you could use a TV back drop instead of a dvd cover for the thumbnail.

Anyways, great work, and I can not wait to see what you come up with next!
Well to be honest I'm waiting to see your import I think it will be far better than my little effort at bringing some "Bling" to Sage

But yes I have started work on one for recorded TV programmes, its very early at the moment and I will proberly not support coverart with this import due to limited screen space.

Last edited by jaminben; 12-10-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorwes View Post
Wow - looks great! Can anyone comment on the speed or smoothness of the cover art animation on an HD100 extender?
It works just fine on my HD100, but not as smooth as the PC. I'm hoping the HD200 will really rock with UI animation speed and I can then go mental with animations on another version of this import.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

If you mean the FanArt (custom backgrounds) image files? If so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
where do you get the image files from?
See this thread for more on that
Quote:
is there a tool to automatically download them? if not, is anyone working on one?
Not yet. I don't know if anyone's started on getting the image files yet, but I know it's been discussed.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If you mean the FanArt (custom backgrounds) image files? If so:

See this thread for more on that

Not yet. I don't know if anyone's started on getting the image files yet, but I know it's been discussed.
Thanks.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I see this line in the client properties file:
sagemc/media_background/central_folder=null\\MediaBackgrounds
I take it this is the folder where I want to put the Fan Art. Is the null keeping my client from seeing them?
I put an image called Tropic_Thunder in that folder and my movie is located in my videos folder and called Tropic_Thunder, and it doesn't show up.

Nevermind, I didn't the next line in the config:
sagemc/media_background/enabled=false
Setting this to true, makes it work a little better

Last edited by mikejaner; 12-10-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
I see this line in the client properties file:
sagemc/media_background/central_folder=null\\MediaBackgrounds
I take it this is the folder where I want to put the Fan Art. Is the null keeping my client from seeing them?
I put an image called Tropic_Thunder in that folder and my movie is located in my videos folder and called Tropic_Thunder, and it doesn't show up.

Nevermind, I didn't the next line in the config:
sagemc/media_background/enabled=false
Setting this to true, makes it work a little better
You shouldnt need to edit any properties file, all the settings required to make this work can be found within the SageMC UI settings.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Follow the tutorial Brent put together on his Geektonic site.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

after importing the new 1.0d, when i went to the setting screen under SageMC where to select the screen there were 2 "Movie info screens"

i believe i might have picked the wrong one, cuz that edit video info bug was still there...

i just imported the new v1.0d on top of the old one... was i supposed to jump to a previous stv and then reimport??
Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Almost There

Imported the update and left = back works great, but...

The garbled text is still there after selecting Edit Video Info.

Here's what I've done:
1. Shutdown Sage and service.
2. Extracted to same location as before - received overwrite file prompt.
3. Started Sage and imported the STVi labeled v.1.0d.
4. Selected the second instance of the "Movie Info Screen" under SageMC...Main...Screen Specific Options...Video Library...Custom Program Info.

I tried the first instance of the custom info screen too just to be sure they weren't out of order or something. I even restarted Sage just to be sure.

Ideas?
Capture: 1 x HDHR (Both tuning QAM); 1 x HD-PVR C2 (Component to Moto DCH-3200 - Channel change via Firewire);
Extenders: 2 x STX-HD100; 1 x HD-300 (Panny G20 50" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD, Sammy 26 " LCD)