SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Sage Expert

Awesome import! I just installed this and I really love it. I've got a handful of issues and questions for you if you don't mind. (And a few more on the TV info screen that I'll post on that thread).

1) When no background art is available, it looks like it's taking the cover art and just stretching that. This looks really, really bad on my system at least, maybe because my cover art's not high res, but also just from the stretching. Can I have it just use whatever background I have defined if it doesn't find the Fan Art background?

2) Similar issue to #1, when there's no cover art for a movie, it's taking the Sage generated thumbnail and putting that into the dvd cover image. Since the aspect ratios are totally different, this also ends up looking really bad. While I'm doing my best to get cover art for most of my stuff, there's stuff that just doesn't have any, like my imported home videos I've shot. Any way to just use a generic image, or use the thumbnail in its original aspect ratio if there's no cover art available?

3) The back button doesn't do anything. If for no other reason than just consistency with the rest of SageMC, it'd be nice if this button returned you to the previous screen you were on.

4) Are there any user-definable options for this the way there are for your TV info screen? Things like colors and transparency would be nice to be able to set the way you have them in the TV info screen for example.

5) I'd especially like to be able to select a different font. The one you're using looks fine on my server, but doesn't look very good at all on my extender. It looks thin and kind of "weak" like it's almost about to dissolve if that makes any sense.

6) I'm not sure if this is your import, or something related to Fan Art or what, but on the extender the page isn't stretching all the way to the right side of the screen. The result is that I can still see a decent size strip down the right side of the screen of the background from the previous page I was on. I'd try to grab a screenshot except that it doesn't happen on the server, just the extender, but it's pretty noticeable.

Otherwise, I'm a big fan! Please work your magic on the pictures and music pages!

EDIT: One more - just realized the Guide button also doesn't seem to work from this page...

Last edited by popechild; 01-14-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Awesome import! I just installed this and I really love it. I've got a handful of issues and questions for you if you don't mind.

1) It shouldnt be doing this and doesnt on my setup and no one else has said anything about it. Are you sure you dont have the thumbnail in the backgrounds folder or have mixed them up some how?

2) Yes this is a pain and I'm trying to work it out but I havebt had any luck yet.

3) Same answer from your other post in TV Info Screen. It works fine for me (I use it all the time) and no one else has any issues with this. Maybe its your setup? I dont know.

4) Not in this release. The next release has massive amounts of settings.

5) See TV Info Screen for the answer.

6) Hopefully Fixed and it as you can see with the TV Info Screen.

Otherwise, I'm a big fan! Please work your magic on the pictures and music pages!

Quote:
EDIT: One more - just realized the Guide button also doesn't seem to work from this page.
See TV Info Screen post for answer.

Regards

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 01-14-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
1) It shouldnt be doing this and doesnt on my setup and no one else has said anything about it. Are you sure you dont have the thumbnail in the backgrounds folder or have mixed them up some how?
I figured out what was going on here. In an earlier version of either SageMC or its integration with DVDProfiler, there was a time that when you added metadata to DVDs it would add a .jpg of the cover into the top level of the dvds folder instead of (or in addition to?) the folder.jpg in the VIDEO_TS folder. So instead of just A Beautiful Mind/VIDEO_TS/folder.jpg, there would be A Beautiful Mind/A Beautiful Mind.jpg.

All of the DVDs I've had as imports long enough for them to have had this .jpg were the ones causing the problem, as they were getting picked up as FanArt. I'd been using FanArt before and it wasn't doing this until I added your import, but that may be because I updated SageMC to the pre-release before adding your import and haven't checked the standard video page on the new pre-release yet. So it's probably not in your import specifically, unless you're actually defining where to look for the FanArt. The latest version of FanArt must have updated the paths for where to look for backgrounds. No big deal. All of my DVDs have folder.jpgs in the VIDEO_TS folders as well, so I can delete the other leftover ones now that I know they're causing the problem.

Last edited by popechild; 01-14-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
4) Not in this release. The next release has massive amounts of settings.
Any hints on when we might see the next release?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Any hints on when we might see the next release?
Yep, You can see it right now.......Below are some screenshots I just made. However you can't have it until its finished

I've got a evil sense of humor

edit:
Bummer you can only upload 5 screenshots at a time, oh well that'll have to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen1.jpg (161.5 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg Screen2.jpg (152.3 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg Screen3.jpg (148.0 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg Screen4.jpg (155.7 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg Screen5.jpg (141.7 KB, 284 views)
Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Sage Expert

Me want!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think I asked this before and the original answer was no, but I will ask again, since you are several versions in now...

Is this compatible with the iMovie plugin? I would like to use the iMovie plugin to scroll through the movies first and then see your screen for the movie info.

Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999 View Post
I think I asked this before and the original answer was no, but I will ask again, since you are several versions in now...

Is this compatible with the iMovie plugin? I would like to use the iMovie plugin to scroll through the movies first and then see your screen for the movie info.

Thanks
Yes it is, or it was the last time I tried anyway.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999 View Post

Thanks
It works perfectly with iMovies (I use it on my systems, replaced the Play DVD menu item on the main menu with iMovies, filtered to only show the DVD-rips on my server. Wife loves it, and really loves the fanart displays...).
Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yep, You can see it right now.......Below are some screenshots I just made. However you can't have it until its finished

I've got a evil sense of humor

edit:
Bummer you can only upload 5 screenshots at a time, oh well that'll have to do.

WOW!!
I love this import and the new screens look amazing
Old 01-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Sage User

Looks awesome!

Don't forget "Category", please
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorwes View Post
Looks awesome!

Don't forget "Category", please
Just for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Category.jpg (576.8 KB, 263 views)
Old 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love the looks of this plugin, but I can't get the fanart to work with it properly. I am running the latest beta version (6.3.8b-11) and that got fanart working with my movies when I am looking at them in the thumbnail views. That is, the fan art becomes the background. However, I then select the movie and this plugin kicks in and seems to work just fine. However, all I ever get is a black background with it. I am sure I am just being stupid... any clues?

-R
QTY 2 dual-core AMD 3.0GHz Opteron processors, Windows 7 Pro, 4G RAM, 500GByte system drive, 3TByte recording drives, ATI video Radeon 5500, on-board audio, 3 HD100 Extenders, Gigabyte Switch, 2 Haup. PV150 tuners
Old 01-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

I love this plugin and the new version looks fantastic! Great work. It is very much appreciated.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul View Post
I love the looks of this plugin, but I can't get the fanart to work with it properly. I am running the latest beta version (6.3.8b-11) and that got fanart working with my movies when I am looking at them in the thumbnail views. That is, the fan art becomes the background. However, I then select the movie and this plugin kicks in and seems to work just fine. However, all I ever get is a black background with it. I am sure I am just being stupid... any clues?

-R
It sounds like your using an older version of the import. Are you using Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0e?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It sounds like your using an older version of the import. Are you using Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0e?
Duh! That must be it. I hadn't noticed that you had done a later version. Will try tonight, but I am assuming that will fix it. thanks (and love the plugin)
QTY 2 dual-core AMD 3.0GHz Opteron processors, Windows 7 Pro, 4G RAM, 500GByte system drive, 3TByte recording drives, ATI video Radeon 5500, on-board audio, 3 HD100 Extenders, Gigabyte Switch, 2 Haup. PV150 tuners
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Just for you
Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have been playing with getting the import to work with wmv and mkv files for a while now with no luck. Does it not support these file types?

I notice in the screen shots of your new version that it works for avi files. If it is that it currently does not support wmv and mkv files, will the new version support them?

Keep up the great work. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
I have been playing with getting the import to work with wmv and mkv files for a while now with no luck. Does it not support these file types?

I notice in the screen shots of your new version that it works for avi files. If it is that it currently does not support wmv and mkv files, will the new version support them?

Keep up the great work. Thanks.
It works with all file types.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

I got bored looking at studio and editing my import so I decided to create a list with all the alterations I've made to the current import.

So here is the list:

Original Synopsis Options:

Font type
Font style
Font size
Font color
Font color (focused)
Title panel enable\disable
Title panel background alpha
Title panel background alpha (focused)
Title panel background color
Title panel background color (focused)
Title panel position & scale
Detailed panel background color
Detailed panel background color (focused)
Detailed panel position & scale
Detailed panel background alpha
Detailed panel background alpha (focused)
Synopsis panel background color
Synopsis panel background color (focused)
Synopsis panel screen position & scale
Synopsis panel background alpha
Synopsis panel background alpha (focused)

Advanced Synopsis Options:

Font type
Font style
Font size
Font color
Font color (focused)
Detailed panel background color
Detailed panel position & scale
Synopsis panel background color
Synopsis panel background color (focused)
Synopsis panel screen position & scale

SageMC Menu Options:

Menu Alpha
Screen position & scale

Original Menu Options:

Menu Alpha
Screen position & scale

Advanced Menu Options:

Menu Alpha
Screen position & scale
Enable\disable title text
Enable\disable menu border

Cover Art Options:

Enable\disable cover art
Enable\disable cover art reflection
Enable\disable cover art sleeve
Enable\disable cover art animation
Cover art position & scale

Misc options:

Nine Preset screen layouts using various menus and synopsis styles
Options menu background alpha
Enable\disable media icon (HD\DVD logo)
Enable\disable media icon animations (HD\DVD logo)
Media icon screen position & scale (HD\DVD logo)
Enable\disable watched icon
Watched icon screen position & scale
Enable\disable buffer graphic
Buffer graphic screen position & scale
Buffer graphic alpha
Background styles (full screen, white base, black base & curved stage)
Curved stage alpha (still to do)
Enable\disable preview panel
Enable\disable preview panel frame
Preview panel screen position & scale
No fanart available alternative images

Hopefully that will keep people happy for a while. If anyone has any other ideas they would like added to this list then please do ask and I will try to fit it in.

Gah, I suppose I better carry on coding now I've done that I'm looking to have it finished in the next two weeks Fingers crossed!!

Last edited by jaminben; 01-23-2009 at 10:42 AM.