SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Thanks. It's actually more useful on the TV Info import where "Set Watched" is on the far side, but I'm lazy so anything that saves clicks is a good thing
Yer, I dont use the TV Info Screen as the wife doesn't like having to scroll all the way to the right to delete a programme So your idea will actually come in handy. It is all coded now and I have it working for the next release of this import.

Once the beta version gets a few more downloads I'll wrap this import up and release it as a proper version. Its had almost 20 downloads now and no one has complained about it breaking something so I think its pretty safe. Hopefully I can have it out by the end of this weekend.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Yer, I dont use the TV Info Screen as the wife doesn't like having to scroll all the way to the right to delete a programme So your idea will actually come in handy. It is all coded now and I have it working for the next release of this import.

Once the beta version gets a few more downloads I'll wrap this import up and release it as a proper version. Its had almost 20 downloads now and no one has complained about it breaking something so I think its pretty safe. Hopefully I can have it out by the end of this weekend.
Thanks. I love what you've done with this (and the TV counterpart) addin.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage User

Hi

just wondering if it is possible to change the font/font size on the menu panels, as they look great on an lcd but quit thin on an old school tv

thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

I cannot get fanart working at all. I have tried everything background.jpg- putting them in a fanart folder and point sage to it. I followed the guide on geek tonic and still nothing. Is there a resolution limit? the ones I am trying are 1920x1080 I believe.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you enable fanart in the SageMC settings? Did you define the path where the art can be found? Are you using one single directory or multiple? Is the fanart named EXACTLY the same as the movie or TV show?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

And make sure you enable sage logging. You'll then be able to open up the log file and see exactly which files sage is looking for. This is a great help to me when I'm trying to trouble shoot a fanart filename issue.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey guys thanks for the fast responses. How do I enable logging?
Yes I enabled everything in Sage and added a single directory and pointed it to it. I also tried just putting a backgound.jpg in the folder.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi

I cant get the new ver to work.
Opend and copied all the files
imported xml
chose AMIS in the setteings
but I get the old default info screen

Old version 1.0e still works fine. but the new 1.0a_33 doesnt.

Also how do you change , once it works..., the layout of the screen?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Load the SageMC_169.xml first. (This has no imports) Now import the new one. Set AMIS in the SageMC settings and it should work. The new menu will have a choice to edit the screen. Import any other pugins you are using. You usually can't import over an existing plugin. You have to start with one that doesn't already have the plugin imported.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Sage Expert

Just installed this latest version and I'm really pleased with it. I'm using preset 6 I think - whichever one looks almost identical to the tv info screen import of yours). One major request I would have (if I'm not just missing the setting already) is the ability to "hide" and "unhide" the description panel using the Info button like you can on the tv info screen. Since I already know what my movies are, I don't usually need to have all the details and description right in front of me every time I look at the film, so I'd love to be able to "hide" it down to just be the menu bar at the bottom and then the title bar right above that. Like I said, basically just the exact same way that it works on the tv info screen. Any chance that can be made to happen?

Thanks again! Your imports have enabled me to keep my wandering eyes from checking out other media centers due to sage's poor default UI...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Fixed my fanart problem what is AMIS?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Fixed my fanart problem what is AMIS?
Advanced Movie Info Screen
Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Load the SageMC_169.xml first. (This has no imports) Now import the new one. Set AMIS in the SageMC settings and it should work. The new menu will have a choice to edit the screen. Import any other pugins you are using. You usually can't import over an existing plugin. You have to start with one that doesn't already have the plugin imported.

Gerry
I tried a clean xml
both 169 and 6.3.8-12
Imported just the movies plugin
Still no change...???
Old 02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Hi

I cant get the new ver to work.
Opend and copied all the files
imported xml
chose AMIS in the setteings
but I get the old default info screen

Old version 1.0e still works fine. but the new 1.0a_33 doesnt.

Also how do you change , once it works..., the layout of the screen?
You dont need to open or copy any files just extract the zip to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\. You will also need to enable the new menu by going to SageMC options, main, screen specific, video library, custom programme info screen, select AMIS. You change the layout of the screen via the built in menu options which is right click if your using a mouse or the options key on your remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Just installed this latest version and I'm really pleased with it. I'm using preset 6 I think - whichever one looks almost identical to the tv info screen import of yours). One major request I would have (if I'm not just missing the setting already) is the ability to "hide" and "unhide" the description panel using the Info button like you can on the tv info screen. Since I already know what my movies are, I don't usually need to have all the details and description right in front of me every time I look at the film, so I'd love to be able to "hide" it down to just be the menu bar at the bottom and then the title bar right above that. Like I said, basically just the exact same way that it works on the tv info screen. Any chance that can be made to happen?
Their is no way to do this unless you changed the alpha settings for the synopsis panel and info panel to zero. Also change the text to zero then move the title panel down a bit. This will obviously make those panels completely un-usable but will give the effect your after.

edit:

Ignore what I said above about changing the alpha settings as that didn't work when I just tried.

Last edited by jaminben; 02-10-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Their is no way to do this unless you changed the alpha settings for the synopsis panel and info panel to zero. Also change the text to zero then move the title panel down a bit. This will obviously make those panels completely un-usable but will give the effect your after.

edit:

Ignore what I said above about changing the alpha settings as that didn't work when I just tried.
I don't suppose - given that you've already got the hide functionality implemented in the tv info page - that you'd consider porting it to the movie detail page would you? Even if the alpha settings thing did the trick, it's not that I never want to be able to see it, just that I don't usually want to have to see it. The way the tv version works is really nice that way.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
I don't suppose - given that you've already got the hide functionality implemented in the tv info page - that you'd consider porting it to the movie detail page would you? Even if the alpha settings thing did the trick, it's not that I never want to be able to see it, just that I don't usually want to have to see it. The way the tv version works is really nice that way.
I have no plans currently to do this as I'm already struggling to finish the import as it is without adding more things to the list.

Sorry, maybe one day I'll try but for now its a no.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sorry, maybe one day I'll try but for now its a no.
I would actually like this feature too, for the same reasons popechild mentions. I understand your desire to get the project completed, however.

These imports, IMHO, are a big improvement over either the stock GUI or SageMC.

thanks
matt
Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just posting to note that there may be a conflict between this and some other STVIs. I only just now saw the last page of this thread discussing the possibility of changing the screen layout by pushing "options". I am 100% certain that when I push "options" on my remote from a Movie Info screen, nothing happens, so I'm unable to adjust anything on the Movie Info screen.

Tonight when I get home I'll experiment with loading STVIs one at a time to see if I can find the conflict for certain. If need be, I'll enable sagemc logging and capture a log if there's anything interesting.

Just in case someone already knows of a conflict, here's what I'm running:
Sage 6.5.9 server on linux
HD100 Media Extender client
SageMC 6.3.8b R6 pre-release
CenterSage Theme
iMovies STVi
Simple Miniguide STVi
imdb_search_import STVi
Movie Info Screen STVi 1.0e

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay... so either there was nothing at all hooked to "options" in version 1.0e, or whatever the conflict was does not happen with the 1.0a_33 version. As it stands now, it's working, and it is beautiful!

Minor bug report- If I use "Edit Video Info", after the info is edited, when it goes back to the Advanced Movie Info screen, it generally no longer knows what the movie is, and now shows TVish options in the Info menu- "Record Series", "Other Showings", and "Set Watched". This happens if I use the IMDB info import, directly edit the movie name, or simply change the category or subcategory. I have to back out to the previous screen and re-select the movie to get the correct information back. Perhaps this has to do with the imdb_search_import STVi?

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You dont need to open or copy any files just extract the zip to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\. You will also need to enable the new menu by going to SageMC options, main, screen specific, video library, custom programme info screen, select AMIS. You change the layout of the screen via the built in menu options which is right click if your using a mouse or the options key on your remote.
That is exactly what I did.
I got no new layout just the default one.
Also it messed up my folder view:
1. Lost the ability to jump using the abc bar on the right - all the letters after N were gone
2. half the movies were gone from the screen

When I returned to 1.0e it was ok again.