SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
That is exactly what I did.
I got no new layout just the default one.
Also it messed up my folder view:
1. Lost the ability to jump using the abc bar on the right - all the letters after N were gone
2. half the movies were gone from the screen

When I returned to 1.0e it was ok again.
Because it *sounds* like you're doing exactly what you're supposed to do, the only thing I can think is could you post a detailed list of the steps you've taken along with screenshots from each step or something.

1. Start with basic Sage STV.
2. Unzip latest full SageMC package into SageTV folder.
3. Load latest SageMC pre-release .xml using "Load STV."
4. Load 1.0a_33 .xml using "Load STVi"
5. Go to SageMC settings, to the Main/Screen Specific Options/Video Library/Custom Program Info Screen setting. Click the setting to get the "Select Internal Screen" popup menu. Select the "AMIS" option. (For me it's the very first option listed.)
6. Now go to the main menu and select the "My Videos" or "Videos" option or whatever you have it called. Highlight one of your videos and select it.
7. You should be seeing the new screen.

I'm sorry if the level of detail sounds patronizing, I don't mean it that way, it's just that there's obviously *something* happening, and I don't know of any other way to start debugging a problem than to just rule out everything obvious in the process 100%. I'm not sure how it could be a bug since no one else has experienced it if it's happening even with no other imports loaded. If you're downloading the same software packages as everyone else (same versions of SageTV, the SageMC base package, the new SageMC pre-release, and the movie import screen import), installing/unzipping them all to the same location as everyone else, and selecting the same menu options as everyone else, it should work the same as it is for everyone else, so I'm just making sure there's not an option somewhere along the way however small that you're overlooking or doing different than others are doing it.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Because it *sounds* like you're doing exactly what you're supposed to do, the only thing I can think is could you post a detailed list of the steps you've taken along with screenshots from each step or something.

1. Start with basic Sage STV.
2. Unzip latest full SageMC package into SageTV folder.
3. Load latest SageMC pre-release .xml using "Load STV."
4. Load 1.0a_33 .xml using "Load STVi"
5. Go to SageMC settings, to the Main/Screen Specific Options/Video Library/Custom Program Info Screen setting. Click the setting to get the "Select Internal Screen" popup menu. Select the "AMIS" option. (For me it's the very first option listed.)
6. Now go to the main menu and select the "My Videos" or "Videos" option or whatever you have it called. Highlight one of your videos and select it.
7. You should be seeing the new screen.

I'm sorry if the level of detail sounds patronizing, I don't mean it that way, it's just that there's obviously *something* happening, and I don't know of any other way to start debugging a problem than to just rule out everything obvious in the process 100%. I'm not sure how it could be a bug since no one else has experienced it if it's happening even with no other imports loaded. If you're downloading the same software packages as everyone else (same versions of SageTV, the SageMC base package, the new SageMC pre-release, and the movie import screen import), installing/unzipping them all to the same location as everyone else, and selecting the same menu options as everyone else, it should work the same as it is for everyone else, so I'm just making sure there's not an option somewhere along the way however small that you're overlooking or doing different than others are doing it.
popechild

Thank you for the detailed answer.
Last night I have done the following:
Installed the fresh 6.5.9 sagetv
It reverted to the default STV
I then unzipped SageMC 6.3.8 full
Unzipped 6.3.8a update
Unzipped 6.3.8b_12
loaded STV: xml 6.3.8b_12
Closed Sage
Unzipped your import 1.0a_33
opened sage
Loaded STVi 1.0a_33
Went into settings.... chose AMIS
Got the same result
I'll try to upload images tonight but what you wrote is exactly what I did.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Got the same result
I'll try to upload images tonight but what you wrote is exactly what I did.
Can you confirm in the settings screen what the name of the STV is that's in use once you completed those steps? (It should end with something like ...1.0a_33-1.xml)

Here's the next thing I would do. After doing everything you think you need to do where you should be able to see the new Movie Info Screen, navigate to the details of one of your movies. (Where you're saying that you're still seeing the original page). Now click ctrl-shift-F12 from that page and Studio should open up.

What's the name of the entry that's highlighted when Studio opens?

Maybe the screenshots will show something, but assuming they don't, at this point I wouldn't know what the options are for further debugging unless jaminben has some debug code in their somewhere that could be useful.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you have Java 6 installed. (Latest is 1.06_12) Uninstall any additional versions you find.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Loaded STVi 1.0a_33
You mean import STVi? And not Load STV?

Last edited by jaminben; 02-11-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarius View Post
Minor bug report- If I use "Edit Video Info", after the info is edited, when it goes back to the Advanced Movie Info screen, it generally no longer knows what the movie is, and now shows TVish options in the Info menu- "Record Series", "Other Showings", and "Set Watched". This happens if I use the IMDB info import, directly edit the movie name, or simply change the category or subcategory. I have to back out to the previous screen and re-select the movie to get the correct information back. Perhaps this has to do with the imdb_search_import STVi?
I'm not seeing this, hopefully if something is wrong then someone else will report it and I can take a closer look.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I'm not seeing this, hopefully if something is wrong then someone else will report it and I can take a closer look.
Hmm. In that case, I'll investigate further. My Sage server is linux, and I'm running an IBM JRE. Tonight I'll test with a Sun JRE and strip out all unnecessary STVs and report back.

Cheers

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmm. In that case, I'll investigate further. My Sage server is linux, and I'm running an IBM JRE. Tonight I'll test with a Sun JRE and strip out all unnecessary STVs and report back.

Cheers
It is a strange one, I've been trying to replicate the problem but so far its not done it.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You mean import STVi? And not Load STV?
imoprt STVi
Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Sage Icon

New Release

I've uploaded the final release of this import to the Sage downloads page.

Link to the download can be found Here

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Ben
Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to make it select the buttons when the screen loads up instead of the synopsis panel (am I missing a setting)?

Also, I just discovered that if I press smooth fast forward the next movie is selected, but the background image doesn't change (everything else does though).
Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Is there a way to make it select the buttons when the screen loads up instead of the synopsis panel (am I missing a setting)?

Also, I just discovered that if I press smooth fast forward the next movie is selected, but the background image doesn't change (everything else does though).
Your not missing a setting when the synopsis panel gets selected first, it was by design. I assume you dont like that? It can be reversed so it selects the menu first (Play), let me know what you prefer.

I never tried smooth fast forward so that is completly unintended. This could be a cool addition though, even if it doesn't quite work at the moment as it seems to skip various movies.

Last edited by jaminben; 02-13-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Your not missing a setting when the synopsis panel gets selected first, it was by design. I assume you dont like that? It can be reversed so it selects the menu first (Play), let me know what you prefer.
I'd prefer that it focused play, but I can see how others would like the current implementation. Everything else is configurable, so I thought maybe it was config setting now.

Quote:
I never tried smooth fast forward so that is completly unintended. This could be a cool addition though, even if it doesn't quite work at the moment as it seems to skip various movies.
It is nice, although not sure that I would ever use to really browse movies.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'd prefer that it focused play, but I can see how others would like the current implementation. Everything else is configurable, so I thought maybe it was config setting now.
I maybe able to make it a setting but I think your right about having it focus on play as the default.

Quote:
It is nice, although not sure that I would ever use to really browse movies.
I'll remove this as I think your right again and it will proberly never get used anyway.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay, I hate to say it, but I'm still getting the behavior I reported above when using the Advanced Movie Info screen.

I did an absolute clean test today, and the behaviour is absolutely consistent for me.

Server: 6.5.9 on linux, Sun JRE 1.6.0-12

I cleared out the JARs directory, all .xml files under /opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV3 except for the original SageTV3.xml, and deleted the entirety of /opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE.

From there, I added the following bits:

Unzipped SageMC_6_3_8a_full.zip
Unzipped SageMC_6_3_8b_12.zip into the STVs/SageTV3 directory
Unzipped iMovies_v1.zip
Unzipped Advanced_Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0a_36.zip

Started the server, after a bit, started the extender client.

Chose STV SageMC_6_3_8b_12.xml

loaded STVi iMovies, added main menu item for iMovies

loaded STVi Advanced_Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0a_36.xml

Chose AMIS for the Video info screen

From main menu, navigated to iMovies

Selected a movie, expected screen shows up.

Chose "Edit Video Info" -> IMDB Search -> Title: Young Frankenstein (1974) -> Save -> Description.

Immediately following this, I'm back at the AMIS screen with the following menu options across the top:
Record Series, Other Showings, Set Watched.

Here's the clipping from the debug log of the last bit. If you need more, let me know, I can PM you more.

Code:
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.208 setUI(sage.b1@19acbbd[ImdbSearchResults - new]) histIdx=3 uiHistory=[sage.b1@130e9f8[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b1@102ff12[iMovies], sage.b1@19e0e7b[AMIS], sage.b1@19acbbd[ImdbSearchResults - new], sage.b1@13c2a46[ImdbShowObject]]
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.209 setUI(sage.b1@19e0e7b[AMIS]) histIdx=2 uiHistory=[sage.b1@130e9f8[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b1@102ff12[iMovies], sage.b1@19e0e7b[AMIS], sage.b1@19acbbd[ImdbSearchResults - new], sage.b1@13c2a46[ImdbShowObject]]
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.211 ImageUtils creating BI copy BufferedImage@1c87405: type = 2 DirectColorModel: rmask=ff0000 gmask=ff00 bmask=ff amask=ff000000 IntegerInterleavedRaster: width = 16 height = 16 #Bands = 4 xOff = 0 yOff = 0 dataOffset[0] 0
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.214 ImageUtils creating BI copy BufferedImage@1c87405: type = 2 DirectColorModel: rmask=ff0000 gmask=ff00 bmask=ff amask=ff000000 IntegerInterleavedRaster: width = 16 height = 16 #Bands = 4 xOff = 0 yOff = 0 dataOffset[0] 0
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.387 Premultiplying alpha channel for RawImage creation from Java image
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.387 Creating scaled copy of RawImage from Java image of size 104x122 for java.lang.ref.WeakReference@2cac21
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.416 Loading RawImage of size 272x24 for /data/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/JaminInfoScreens/Movie Info Screen/Menu_High_Lighter.png
        Fri 2/13 14:18:28.416 Loading 272x24 image from file /data/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/JaminInfoScreens/Movie Info Screen/Menu_High_Lighter.png^

Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Old 02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay, I hate to say it, but I'm still getting the behavior I reported above when using the Advanced Movie Info screen.
Does it behave the same if you select a movie via the default SageMC movie screen and not iMovies?

edit:

I've just installed iMovies and I'm now able to replicate the issue I don't know if I can fix it but its a start. I don't use iMovies as it runs very slow on my extenders (600+ movies) thus I never expirenced the problem.

edit 2:

Did you ever have this issue with the original Movie Info Screen and iMovies?

Last edited by jaminben; 02-13-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't think I tested the "edit movie info" with the original movie info screen and iMovies. Do you want me to go back and test with that?

Old 02-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't think I tested the "edit movie info" with the original movie info screen and iMovies. Do you want me to go back and test with that?
No, don't do that. I was just asking on the off chance that you did just to narrow it down.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've done some further testing and I think I have it sussed. If I only install iMovies on a clean import of SageMC it has the same problem. So bassically I dont think its my import thats causing you issues. If could try the same just to verify that I'm correct then that would be cool.