SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Sage User

I wanted to ring in myself. Not sure if this is related.

A week ago I had folders under "TV-ARCH" - titled "American Greed" "Honeymooners" "Idol". When I selected FOLDERS via the MEDIA CENTER, those folders showed up. I then click and went into the folders - files shown.

I bot a new HDD, created a new folder called "aaSageTV" and another under that called "TV". I then moved the data under "TV-ARCH" to "aaSageTV\TV" via Windows (drag & drop).

The folders are there and in via Media Center "browse media files" - it shows the folders and files under that.

However, when I am in the basic "Videos" page - under FOLDERS, none of those folders/files are listed. So I then tried to ADD the folders to the import (knowing that I never added specific subfolders before). When I selected to add "aaSageTV\TV\American Greed" the screen says "EMPTY".

So basically the reason the various folders and their files are not appearing is that Sage thinks they are empty. Yet there are .mpg files created by Sage.

Separate question (maybe?) - originally I had one recording folder "TV-NEW" and on the other drive "TV-ARCH" - I would move files from TV-NEW to TV-ARCH via windows - not via Sage. So Sage's list of "Sage Recordings" does not include those files under TV-ARCH. Now I have one big folder and wondered other than via the MEDIA CENTER, is there any way to read the existing big directory and suck into the "Sage Recordings" the list of programs? I have DIVX and DVDs which I agree s/b viewed via the Media Center, but for all others I like seeing "American Idol - 5 recordings".

If there is something I should do specifically to fix the above please advise - if not - more info for this problem. I had searched for things like "empty media folder" and didn't get too many hits. I am running 6.4.8.

Thanks
belly
Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
I am still having this problem with the latest beta 6.5.8.
Um... its gone.

I was experimenting with this trying to narrow down the bug. My import folder linked to a directory called "Pics" with a dozen subdirectories. I deleted the import folder and added a new import folder pointing to one of the subdirectories of Pics called Weddings that had been generating the ghost pics. After the import of Weddings, everything looked fine. Weddings has a bunch of subdirectories too so I expected to see the same ghost images. Then I deleted the Weddings import folder and re-added Pics. After the long import (I have some 18000 pics), everything loaded fine and the ghost pics were gone. I thought I tried this procedure in the past but either I didn't or perhaps the latest version of Sage fixed it... I'm using 6.5.9. now (i think.. or whatever the latest is right now).
Old 02-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Um... its gone.

I was experimenting with this trying to narrow down the bug. My import folder linked to a directory called "Pics" with a dozen subdirectories. I deleted the import folder and added a new import folder pointing to one of the subdirectories of Pics called Weddings that had been generating the ghost pics. After the import of Weddings, everything looked fine. Weddings has a bunch of subdirectories too so I expected to see the same ghost images. Then I deleted the Weddings import folder and re-added Pics. After the long import (I have some 18000 pics), everything loaded fine and the ghost pics were gone. I thought I tried this procedure in the past but either I didn't or perhaps the latest version of Sage fixed it... I'm using 6.5.9. now (i think.. or whatever the latest is right now).

They came back. I had no top-level ghost pics yesterday after the full library import. But today, they are back. There are hundreds of pics in the top-level folder that shouldn't be there again.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

They came back. I had no top-level ghost pics yesterday after the full library import. But today, they are back. There are hundreds of pics in the top-level folder that shouldn't be there again.

Yeah, that's pretty typical behavior. After a delete/add import refresh everything will show fine for a while, then within anywhere from a few minutes to a day or two it'll all be screwed up again.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Something very strange happened after I did the above exercise. I now have various pictures in my Imported Videos section. They are JPG images, and yet they are appearing in my Imported Videos under Genre->Unassigned. I've never seen this happen before.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey folks - I reported this bug to SAGE support a while back with the last upgrade. What they told me to do was change the "Force Full Content Reindex" parameter in the SAGE.PROPERTIES file to TRUE (while all instances of SAGE, including the service is down). Then restart Sage. This corrected all the incorrect folder issues. BUT - whenever I tell SAGE to "Refresh Imported Media" from the menu system, start a Windows Sage Client, or reboot the "server" PC - it gets corrupted again. Shutting down Sage Service, changing the force full content reindex, and starting Sage Service up again fixes it again.
As long as I run only the extenders (which is all I really use anyway), and don't use "Refresh Imported Media", nothing gets corrupted. (I go for about a month before rebooting the server for software updates and such, so that isn't much of an issue for me..)
BTW - allowing SAGE Service to do it's own "periodic scan for updated/deleted media" does not corrupt the database.
Just though I would pass that along in case it helps anyone figure out why they keep having the issue....
Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneThomas View Post
Hey folks - I reported this bug to SAGE support a while back with the last upgrade. What they told me to do was change the "Force Full Content Reindex" parameter in the SAGE.PROPERTIES file to TRUE (while all instances of SAGE, including the service is down). Then restart Sage. This corrected all the incorrect folder issues. BUT - whenever I tell SAGE to "Refresh Imported Media" from the menu system, start a Windows Sage Client, or reboot the "server" PC - it gets corrupted again. Shutting down Sage Service, changing the force full content reindex, and starting Sage Service up again fixes it again.
If you are able to reproduce this, have you followed up with SageTV? As I mentioned above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
... keep debug logging on afterwards. SageTV would like to see a log where the problem starts to happen again after it has been reset.
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Yeah, that's pretty typical behavior. After a delete/add import refresh everything will show fine for a while, then within anywhere from a few minutes to a day or two it'll all be screwed up again.
Just wanted to let you know I have been experiencing this problem with 6.4.8 for a while now.

I run SageMC, but I can also reproduce this bug with the stock STV.
The Photo Library path is 'G:\Photos' with 1 level of photo folders inside this folder.
The Library only includes jpegs plus 2 or 3 tiffs. There are no other files in this directory
The bug normally takes 48hours to kickin and results in 2 or 3 subfolders showing up the top level directory along with all my photo's from the other subfolders.

I have tried tidying up my folder and filenames, both now only include characters 1-9 and a-z.
I guess it's got to be somekind of metadata problem?

I will run a debug and get it off to sage.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Sage User

same issue with videos

I see this same issue with videos while using the HD200 and an attached external hard drive. Some videos will show up in the root view when I view by folders instead of in my "movies" directory. Has this ever been cleared up?