SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

6.2.6 Import Video's folder bugs?

I just loaded 6.2.6 this morning and noticed what looks like a couple bugs with refreshing import directories. I'd been running 6.2.4, and after upgrading I was having problems playing some of my imported videos. At first, I forgot to change the user the Sage service logs in with. I thought this might be the problem but after correcting that, I was still experiencing it. I've just done some experimentation, and the only way I could get the videos in one directory to show up in the imported videos list was to create another folder and move the videos into that one. I then did a refresh and the videos showed in the new folder. I then moved the videos back from the new folder to the original, did another refresh and the videos showed up in my folder view of the original folder.

Another problem I noticed was with sub-folders. I had a bunch of episodes of Smallville saved in a directory, and I created some sub-folders under the original directory so I could group episodes by season. When I did this, the new folders showed up under the Smallville folder, but they also show up as top level folders.

Should I submit a bug report, or have I goofed up some where?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammike View Post
Another problem I noticed was with sub-folders. I had a bunch of episodes of Smallville saved in a directory, and I created some sub-folders under the original directory so I could group episodes by season. When I did this, the new folders showed up under the Smallville folder, but they also show up as top level folders.
Did you add the subfolders as import directories too? If so: subfolders are automatically scanned, so they shouldn't be added as additional import dirs.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nope, actually there's several layers of nesting and only the top-most directory is defined as an import directory. It worked fine under 6.2.4. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Not sure...

Are you using the default STV?

In the video browser's folder view, use the Options command... is the folder style Spearate or Combined?

And, is the imported Smallville folder a subfolder of a recording directory?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Andy,

I was double-checking the answers to your questions when I found I'd made a real bonehead mistake. I was mistaken in my answer to your first post. When I was trying to figure out my initial problem, having the service sign on with the wrong id, I'd changed my import directory structure. I did have the Smallville directory setup as an import directory as well as the parent directory. I did that temporarily while trying to figure out what was going on.

Interesting thing is that after removing the Smalliville directory as an import directory and refreshing, the Season 1 and Season 5 directory still showed up as top-level import folders. To get them to go away I had to remove the parent directory as an import file too, refresh, add it back, and refresh again. That would seem to be the same thing happening in the first problem I reported my original post yesterday.

At this point, you've saved me from my own stupidity on the second problem, for which I thank you very much, but I think there might still be an issue with refreshing the import directories. It still seems like the contents of a directory are only being checked during the first refresh that finds the directory. On subsequent refreshes it seems like directories already scanned aren't rechecked.

I'm not sure if this helps, but here's the answers to the questions in your second post. I'm using the default STV, and I'm using combined mode. The subfolders are no longer specified as import directories too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

If it finds files in an import directory, those files have already been imported, and the dates on the files are not newer than when it was imported, it isn't going to re-import the file... so that is probably why the file paths didn't change until you removed & re-added the import paths (because the files were then freshly imported).

- Andy
Old 08-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If it finds files in an import directory, those files have already been imported, and the dates on the files are not newer than when it was imported, it isn't going to re-import the file... so that is probably why the file paths didn't change until you removed & re-added the import paths (because the files were then freshly imported).

- Andy
Andy,

Thanks!

Mike
Old 09-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to rickmont
6.2.6 or 6.2.7 import folder bugs

I had the same problem with all of my videos listed singly when upgrading to 6.2.6 and 6.2.7. It no longer showed up just as folder structure and I did nothing except the upgrade. The folders were listed and also all of the files listed from the folders.

The way I fixed it was by downloading an original SageTV3.xml STV : (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=167)
and then re-import my .stvi's. It kept my settings for everything and I was able to upgrade my imports to the newest versions. I use the Autocompress and Dynamic Menus .stvi's

Good Luck!

Now I need to try and get my Linux version working correctly with the same imports. I hate working around root permissions copying into the program directories by command-line....
Old 09-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmont View Post
The way I fixed it was by downloading an original SageTV3.xml STV : (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=167)
Then you are using a v6.1 STV with v6.2 & there was an API change that will prevent the v6.1 STV from listing the folder structure correctly. So, you should start from the default 6.2 STV and import into that one.

Also, the v6.1 STV won't have any of the other new features and fixes in the v6.2 STV.

- Andy