SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Sage User

HD200 & ReadyNAS - File No Longer Exists

I'm having an odd problem with my HD200. When I'm in standalone mode I cannot play any videos that are on my ReadNAS NAS server. It will play music and pictures that are in the same shares, but whenever I choose a video I get the following error:

(ERROR -2): Files selected for playback are no longer on the disk

To be clear, the files show up in when browsing the directory. But when I select them and hit play I get the above error. I've verified permissions and also verified that files that I can play have the same permissions that file that I can't play have. I have tried .iso, .mkv, and .mpg files without success. I am not having any problems playing files that are on other network volumes (i.e. my Linux box, or directly from my Sage servers recordings directory)

One other data point, the files play fine when accessed through Sage (i.e. not in Standalone Mode).

I'm also running the latest beta firmware.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bill

Last edited by bbwebb; 12-13-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you allow the guest account access specifically t that share?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the same problem in standalone mode. I can see them, but if I go to play them , I get the "Files selected for playback are no longer on the disk". The Guest account has read & execute privileges on all the files. I haven't worried too much about it because they play fine while the HD200 is in extender mode.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Sage User

For reasons that I cannot explain I was able to resolve the issue by going from "Share" level security to "User" level security on my ReadyNAS.

Bill
Old 12-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Sage User

Same here

I have the same problem
Old 12-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Sage Icon

I've had the same problem but I have a previous firmware. The read latest firmware on the HD200 lets you set a username and password. See Item # 4: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=19

Don't know how to use it and don't know if it works. I haven't tried it yet.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Sage User

Fix ReadyNAS Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwebb View Post
For reasons that I cannot explain I was able to resolve the issue by going from "Share" level security to "User" level security on my ReadyNAS.

Bill
Thanks Bill, this worked for me as well.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Sage User

We had this issue pop up, as well, but found that upgrading to the 050509 beta firmware resolved it.

Specifically, our ISO files burned with DVDShrink showed up as MPV files, but when played, we received the error message above.

We use a Thecus 4100Pro server, so the upgrade was the real key... Files then showed up as ISO files, and all was good.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

The current beta software will allow you to access ReadyNAS shares WITHOUT having to change your security from share to user.

I was reluctant to change my ReadyNAS' security, and although it took a little while Sage stepped up and fixed it....

[FIXED] HD-200 Arrived Today: Not a good start....
Old 07-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can't get to most of the content on my ReadyNAS. I can see some folders, but not most of them, even though they all have the same permissions. The media share has five folders - Desktop, Music, Pictures, torrents, Video. Inside Music, there are two folders, Eli & jerry, and a couple of random mp3 at the top level.

When I select Browse Device:myserver:ReadyNAS, I see Video, Pictures, Music, and Browse Folders. Video is empty, Music seems to have the stuff from Eli, but not jerry. If I select Browse Folders, I see torrents and Music, but not the other folders. If I select Music from there, I see Eli, but not jerry.

When I look at all of this via a cifs mount, everything is permission 777, owned by root. Default access to the media share is read-only, and I'm using user-level security.

How is the HD200 accessing the NAS? I've got cifs, nfs, afp, ftp, http all enabled, as well as the streaming services iTunes, readyDLNA and Home Media Streaming Server. Which of these is the HD200 using?

I'm running the newest beta HD200 software 6.5.18.1 / firmware 20090702-0. Also, the newest ReadyNAS firmware 4.1.6.

What should I try?

Thanks!