SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 PM

Question HD PVR component in = black screen

Hey all,

I just got my HD PVR, and initially tried to set it up to test a recording from my PS3 - I put the component in into the back "in" and connected the component cable that came with it from "out" to my monitor.

Trying with the ArcSoft software that came with it, it sees the source "Hauppauge HD PVR Capture..." but I just get a black screen with input set to "YPrPb" - input resolution says "0 x 0" and bit rate "0.0MB" (and nothing ever seems to come out of the "out" cable, whenever I check it)

I've set the PS3 to output 720p on the component cable, which looks fine when plugged into my TV, but when I plug it back into the box - black screen, no sign of life.

So I thought maybe the software is flakey, I downloaded SageTV and tried running it - the "SageTV Recorder" - it seems to see it as the AV Capture Device, but when I try to click Preview, I just get a Capture configuration error "There was a problem utilizing the specific capture configuration. Unable to Connect video stream on the capture filter ErrCode=0x80070057"

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated... I've sent a message to the Hauppauge support via their support form... but thought maybe someone here might have some idea I might try, or even some other forum that I might go to... I just want it to actually work! :-/

Sorry I didn't know any other place to ask, they don't seem to have a forum (?)

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unRheal View Post
So I thought maybe the software is flakey, I downloaded SageTV and tried running it - the "SageTV Recorder"
SageTV Recorder is deprecated and basically unsupported anymore. SageTV Media Center is the app that supports the HD PVR.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

First, the "out" component connection on the HD-PVR is just a pass-through for what it is coming into its input; it isn't for playing recordings, in case that is what you were trying to do.

Second, SageTV Recorder is an older program that doesn't support newer tuners. You should use SageTV Media Center instead.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
I just got my HD PVR, and initially tried to set it up to test a recording from my PS3 - I put the component in into the back "in" and connected the component cable that came with it from "out" to my monitor.

Trying with the ArcSoft software that came with it, it sees the source "Hauppauge HD PVR Capture..." but I just get a black screen with input set to "YPrPb" - input resolution says "0 x 0" and bit rate "0.0MB" (and nothing ever seems to come out of the "out" cable, whenever I check it)

I've set the PS3 to output 720p on the component cable, which looks fine when plugged into my TV, but when I plug it back into the box - black screen, no sign of life.
I know this post is old but-did yours ever work?

Had mine for 12 hours .... then it did the same thing. I've power cycled this thing like 50 times + updated / tried all the drivers I could get my hands on ... no luck. I've disabled video output and it didn't help. When I hit record the red light and the funky blue ring LED on the top comes on... but nothing records at all. (it fails) .. it even struggles to close the 'CaptureModule' and hangs the machine a little bit (until I either power it down or pull the USB). It's not working on ANY level now lol.

Seems like mine just died lol.... how many of them had THIS issue? (when it worked it was mind-blowing)

Time to hit that return desk! .. SUCH A TEASE!!!! lol

djbuddha