SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Sage User

Angry Be careful on Ebay

I have a PVR-350 that works great with 2.13 (TV out and on screen UI work very well) and wanted to add a 2nd tuner. Having read this forum I knew I had to have the version of the pvr-250 with a heatsink. I had never purchased anything on Ebay but figured this would be the easiest way to find a -15 version of the PVR-250. I found an auction that was about to close that had a photo of a 250 that had a heatsink. The photo was kinda blurry - obviously not a stock photo so I assumed what I saw is what I get. I won the auction and figured $128.50 with shipping wasn't bad.

It came in the mail and of course it was the new PVR-250

I contacted the seller and informed him that it wasn't the card he showed on Ebay and that it wasn't going to work with my system. He said he would take it back (after I sent him a link to this forum explaining the problem) but he wouldn't cover any of the shipping cost.

Just for kicks I installed it to see what would happen. I had to do a clean reinstall (followed instructions and used drivers from shspvr). I put the 250 in by itself 1st and got it working fine. Then I put the PVR-350 back in. I lost my TV out from the 350 but otherwise it seemed to work. But once I played the mpeg files from recoding two shows at once one of the files had the garbled pattern just like http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...vr250+versions

I even tried it with GBPVR and I got the onscreen display to work and everything seemed fine but once again if I recorded two shows at once one of them was garbled.

So I guess I will send it back unless someone here has a version -15 of the pvr-250 they would like to trade.

Obviously if you are going to bid on Ebay you better check with the seller 1st and make sure what you see is what you get.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Always a good idea!

t
Old 02-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Be careful on Ebay

Quote:
Originally posted by anderson

So I guess I will send it back unless someone here has a version -15 of the pvr-250 they would like to trade.

I think you should contact rotaryracer about a trade. It looks like he is still interested based upon this post .
Old 02-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carl, thanks for the catch - most appreciated!

Anderson, I do have a 4-month old PVR-250 that has the IVAC-15 chip (with the heatsink). I got a -16 with my Sage bundle and would like to swap out my -15 for another -16.

Shoot me an email at rotaryracer@hotmail.com or PM me here and let me know if you're interested in doing a card swap.

Thanks!

Jason