SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Sage User

Record without knowing the air date

Using the 2.0 beta, is there a way record this show by title without knowing the air date. Going through the Recording menus, everything seems to be based on what is going to be shown (in the next 2 weeks) vs. what could be shown in the future (> than 2 weeks).

I'm new to Sage and actually have not used v1.x.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Administrator

You could set up a Favorite for a show & set it to record new airings, reruns, or both. It will then record that show whenever it comes on. Is that what you meant?

If the show you want is not listed within the next 2 weeks, I don't know if there is any way to add it as a favorite.

- Andy
Old 02-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Sage User

Yeh, but it sounds like there is a restriction, from what you are saying, in that it must have been around for me to set it as a favorite. For example, I know there is this movie called RiverWorld that I missed. I checked and it's not going to be on within the next two weeks. It sounds like my only option is to check every 1.5 weeks to see if it's going to be on and then schedule it. I would be really great if all I had to do was to state that I want it to record any movie with the words "RiverWorld" in the title.

Maybe I should post this in the Beta section to see if I can possibly get it added in the future.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Aha! Found it! Go to the Favorites Manager & create a new one. You can create a new favorite for shows that are not currently on. [Edit: But, I'm guessing the show has to have been on in the past for SageTV to know about it... unless the guide data SageTV uses simply downloads info for all known titles! You can't simply make up a name and hope that show gets created some day.]

I knew it was to be in v2 because of this quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
Wish List recording will be in v2.0.
But, I just hadn't looked into finding it until now.

I may have to make use of that now...

- Andy

Last edited by Opus4; 02-28-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Sage User

Thanks, this will work for now. Hopefully it could be expanded to allow one to just enter any title, or parts of a title, and hope it comes on. Luckly it was on earlier this morning (though I missed it) and allowed me to select and set it up.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Looking at the v1.4 manual, it doesn't appear you can do what I described above (it has been a while since I actually used v1.4), so it apears that this is what "wish list recording" will be. You could always go to the bug submission form and submit a feature request. The worst they could do is decide not to add it.

- Andy