SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Emulator integration with Sagetv

Hey guys. I had a random question for you guys. I use sagetv for everything on my htpc except my emulators. For that I have somewhat successfully integrated GameEx into sage. Granted it does open GameEx over sage to start my emulators, but I'm having an issue with wither the emulators or GameEx messing up the sage gui when I am finished playing a game. For whatever reason the gui will not display the right side of the screen. This is very odd and am wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to what might need to be done to fix it. So if anybody uses emulators on the same pc with sagetv I'd really like to hear from you.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are using a shortcut in SageTV to launch gameex. Then you should put sage to sleep when the emulator starts. This will minimize SageTV to the tray and restore when you exit gameex. You have to disable screensaver on sleep. I do not use gameex... but I did create a script where I can use Dynamic Menus to launch the games. see my signature.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-05-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, I was hoping you would reply. I looked at your plugin, but need some time to mess with it. GameEx is nice, but somewhat buggy. I'll take your advice on setting sage to sleep and see what happens. I'd like to use your plugin, but I think it will take too much time with the thousands of roms I have. Any more input would be much appreciated.