SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hauppauge remote(45 button) issue..

I have the remote working.. but its like I have to push the button a few times to get it to respond.. it has the connection.

Running XP. If I use the mouse or keyboard, its fast, so its not the pc. Its almost like the IR receiver is dirty.

I have even moved closer to the IR receiver (3 feet)

ooh and yes, I replaced batteries and that helped alittle..

Any help?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

i have this remote and just recently set a sage client up with it and a USB-UIRT. There are some posts on here that this remote toggles between different codes after each button press. So when you configure (or link) Sage commands to a remote button, you need to teach Sage twice for each button. Each Sage command should have two remote codes linked to it. Once i did this, all was good and the remote/Sage was very responsive. Hope this is helpful.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

These remotes have buttons that toggle alternate signals. I understand you can program them twice for the same button/function to solve it.
Personally I buried mine at the bottom of the garden 3 years ago and bought a usbuirt and used another remote that had the right layout and wasn't annoying the hell out of me, but that was probably a lack of patience on my part.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

i have to admit it annoyed me as well to have to do this setup, but even worse, my TV's "universal" remote (i'm using the quotes intentionally and with effect) decided to inactive certain buttons, like Play, or Record, or Previous when set to one of its four devices (it decides which buttons are active), or maybe the USB-UIRT didn't recognize what it was emitting, idk.

I decided i will be buying a used Harmony remote for this purpose, but it still seems like a waste to not take advantage of the Hauppage remote for Sage. but then again, i have a stack of maybe 12 remotes from various consumer devices that are gathering dust, so what's one more?

In the meantime, the hauppage remote works when i'm on Sage, so i'm happy.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Sage Icon

Huh I really like that remote, good transmit power and decent layout.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

i like the remote too...i didn't understand having to learn two sets of codes and I also prefer having one remote for each area to operate all the equipment.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got the orig remote working.. there was a delay setting in the ini setting.. first bumped it down to 0, then to 1.

All good