SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

need help deciding what tuner card i need

sorry to bug you all with this question but I just cant figure out what would be best to suit my needs.

I am looking for at least 2 tuners. 3 would be nice but not neccesary(i realize i would probably need more than 1 card for this)

I have digital cable(not HD) I dont not have an HD tv yet so i havent signed up for this service. I do plan on it in the next 2 years though

so im looking for a card that has 2 tuners that i will be able to use with digital cable and hopefully be able to support HD in the future. Im thinking my best bet is to wait for the HD capabilities until I get an HD TV.

I have an wintv-150 right now and most of the channels work fine but a bunch of them have fuzzy lines which i think may be too powerful of a signal. Would i still want an analog tuner card with digital cable? Im running s-video out of my comp to my tv

any help or knowledge is greatly welcome!! thanks in advance
mike

Last edited by boognish; 01-14-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

If you want the ability to get HD cable (eventually), the only (relatively easy) way to get two tuners is to buy two HD-PVRs (which are USB devices, not cards) and then you will need two (HD) cable boxes as well.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok i think i just want to be able to plug in my digital cable.. which is a coax cable..is that just analog and the box makes it digital?
if thats tru then i just need analog for now correct? i guess i dont want to invest in HD stuff till i have the tv