SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Sage User

Exetuner and msec delay

Does anyone know how to change the number of milliseconds that occur between channel digits passed through exetuner?

My IR blaster sometimes gets the numbers too fast and channels like 9642 will get a skipped digit (Sat receiver sees something like 942)

Help is greatly appreciated!

-Dore
Old 01-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Are you using exetuner or exemultituner?

Sending to HIP or another control application like Girder or LMRemote?

I personally use HIP for my channel changing, which requires exemultituner to be loaded in Sage which then calls a small app called HipWSend. For exemultituner to work properly, there should be a key in your registry that tells exetuner or exemultituner where to access HipWSend. There are some additional command line parameters that you need to add to the registry key.

If you open up HipWSend it will give you a full description of all the command line information you can specify. If you don't specify it will use default values. One of the items you can specify is the delay between channel blasts. The default is 500ms but I found I had issues with that speed and slowed mine down to 1000ms.

Here is the command line I use:

C:\Program Files\HIP\hipwsend.exe %CHANNEL% 1000 1 %DEVICE%

The registry key can be found at:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Frey Technologies\Common\EXEMultiTunerPlugin\Command

If you are using one of the other solutions then you'll have to wait for someone with experience on those apps to respond

-Striker-
Old 01-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

I use it with EventGhost and I insert the delays in the EventGhost macros.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Sage User

I'm just using the exetuner plugin - and sending to HE Remote, a program that controls my USB IR blaster.

It's old, but it works. I can see the channel numbers passed to HE Remote, but I think it gets sent too fast sometimes.

-Dore
Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage User

help?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Check and see if your remote is supported by EventGhost. It's HE Remote that is letting you down. You need something to control the IR blaster that is more configurable.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage User

Striker:WG or anyone else,

I'm trying to setup the exemultituner plugin, but I don't understand what I need in the registry.

The location you mention is:
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Frey Technologies\Common\EXEMultiTunerPlugin\Command

But what does this mean? (sorry I've changed stuff in the registry but it has usually already existed, so finding the right location hasn't been as hard)

Do I create a key/folder named command and have the default value be my command line? Or do a create a string value under EXEMultiTunerPlugin named Command and have it's value be my command line, or something different? I've tried several combinations, but don't get any information passed to Eventghost.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

EXEMultiTunerPlugin should be a folder and Command would be a String Value within it.

Please note, I use this method with HIP not EventGhost so i'm not sure if this will really help you any. In playing with EventGhost it always seemed to be able to trap events withing the EventGhost window that I could map macro's to.

This is also of course assuming that you have Sage properly setup to use EXEMultiTuner as the tuning device for your capture card.

An easy way to test if everything is setup properly in Sage and the registry is to use a command to call Notepad. It won't do you any good for changing channels, but its really easy to see notepad open as a simple sign that everything is setup properly to that point.

-Striker-
Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Sage User

Ok thanks. I setup the key in that location, and used notepad, but I don't get anything.

I think I might have install or Vista issues because the tuner plugins don't show up in the Wizard if a copy them to SageTV\Common, but do show up if I copy them to SageTV\SageTV.