SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage Expert

Possible to change default image for missing album covers?

I can't seem to figure out where/how to change the default image that loads for albums that are missing covers. I get the standard blue square, but would rather change it to something more visually appealing.

Any pointers?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Look in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default for the album_empty.jpg. Themes will default to this IF they don't include their own. If you ever use my SageMC Pro theme you will see a different icon. It is actually an empty CD case.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Look in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default for the album_empty.jpg. Themes will default to this IF they don't include their own. If you ever use my SageMC Pro theme you will see a different icon. It is actually an empty CD case.

Gerry
Thanks! I'm using nBlue right now, which actually appears to be using the "generic_album_cover.png" instead of "album_empty" but you still got me pointed in the right direction.

Here's a somewhat related one for you. If I set the display options so that I'm seeing the album cover only and not the artist/album name below the cover, the albums that don't have cover art show the text right in the middle of where the cover would be (and wherever the "generic_album_cover" is). I'd rather not see it there at all, but especially because on most of my albums that are missing covers, the titles stretch off the edges of the generic_album_cover and it looks really bad. You know of any way to prevent it from showing that text - even for albums without a cover? or for it to properly size the text so that at least it fits within the generic cover?

Thanks again.