SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-29-2003, 02:55 PM
Sage User

Favorites not working

I have a problem with my favorites not being recorded. The episode show up outlined in white but are not going into the scheduled events. This problem seems to be getting worse. I have no conflicts and am using two turners. Sagetv is even intelligent recordings in the slots.

A side note to this are you planning to introduce a tivo like record every episode on this channel in addition to the current record every episode on all channels? This would help a lot for series that are on multiple stations.

Thanx for this great program.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Sage

They're probably not showing up because you've either already seen it (it would be italicized) or its recording it at another time (check the rest of the schedule, it's maybe on again later).

If that's not the problem, and it actually isn't scheduling a favorite it should be, then let me know. I quite often think it's missed one too, only to realize its outsmarted me and scheduled something at a time I didn't even know it was on.

Also, we will be adding a channel specific favorite feature in the future.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Sage User

Checked the recording schedule before I posted and no I haven't watched it before (new episode) and no it is not being recorded at a latter date. It seems to not want to record any episode of that program and on others just select episodes. I have it set up to record first run and rerun so shouldn't be a problem there. Is there a limit to the number of favorites? I have 12 currently.

Good news about the channel specific. It will give us the best of both replaytv and tivo

Any info on the network project yet?
Old 04-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Sage

Can you email your Sage.properties and Wiz.bin files to support@freytechnologies.com and describe in detail what's not showing up in the schedule. I'll load it up and look at it to see what the problem is.

Networking is being used in private beta testing at the moment. It's coming along smashingly!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:13 AM

This is the same problem I am having right now.

http://www.freytechnologies.com/foru...=&threadid=627

Was a solution for this ever found?
Old 05-22-2003, 08:08 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

mlbdude,

It looks like you sent us your log file, we'll take a look and let you know.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:15 AM

Hey guys,

A friend in town is having the same problem with the same show. So you should be able to recreate it easily. Perhaps it is an issue with the show data or somthing.

Anyway, add a source for zip: 32907 using "brighthouse network cable Melbourne or Palm bay" (not exactly sure of the name since I can't get to my PC right now) TV Tuner - Cable.

Find Enterprise - next air Sunday at 8:00 PM on channel 16. Add it as a favorite and you should see that it never schedules to record in SageGuide.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Sage

FYI - I did exactly what you say and it worked fine. It scheduled it to record at 8pm on Sunday.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:23 PM

Ok. How do I change it to plan out the recording for more than 3 days in advance? I can confirm that this way.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Sage

Sorry, that's not configurable anymore. It was like a year ago....I forgot that I changed it so it wasn't.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:31 PM

Ok. So if it plans the schedule out 3 days in advance, then it should show up as planned to record sometime tomorrow?
Old 05-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Sage

On Sunday, not tomorrow....that's when the show is on.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:30 AM

Ok here is what I think happened in case anyone is wondering....

First, this was MOSTLY not a SageTV bug. Sage worked 99% in this case. Here is how it started:

Last week I scheduled Favorite A and Favorite B on my 1 tuner SageTV system. Favorite A shows on Wed. AND Sun. at 8:00 PM. Favorite B shows only on Wed. at 8:00 PM. A confilict dialog appeared asking me how to handle this. Since Favorite A shows two times a week I gave Favorite B priority. Everything records fine for that week.

Now, a week later I install a second tuner card. From SageCLIENT I connect at 7:30PM Wed. and I notice it has only scheduled Favorite B to be recorded. I check back at around 8:10PM with SageTV and from SageGuide I can see that it has only started to record Favorite B. I immediately change to the channel Favorite A should be recording on and SageTV starts to record Favorite A. If I try to leave the channel SageTV warns me that it is recording Favorite A and Favorite B. I put SageTV into SLEEP mode and connect with SageCLIENT again. It has now stopped recording Favorite A and is still recording Favorite B.

Contacted Narflex about a possible bug, and after some back and forth he determines that SageTV IS planning on recording Favorite A on Sunday (as it should have in the 1 tuner system).

I say SageTV worked 99% because of that last line. I could be wrong in my analysis on this whole thing though, but that is what appears to have happened to me

Is there anyway for me to modify that priority setting once I have assigned it? Or perhaps SageTV needs to reset something if it changes the number of tuners it has available?

Thanks to all of Frey (especially Narflex) for taking the time to help me out. The support you offer for your product COULD NOT GET ANY BETTER.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2003, 06:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ooo. I've been paranoid about not having favorites be scheduled for recording within the 2-week tv schedule window.

You're saying I should wait 'til within 3 days of the show and check then?

Wait, wait - lemme guess - RTFM?
Old 05-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Sage

Ooooohhhhhhh, that explains it!!!!! It was the priority settings! As you can see, it was still going to record everything, but because of the priority, it delayed one of the recordings until later. (yeah, it shouldn't have delayed it, but it would NOT have missed any recordings which is the most important thing)

You can clear these by selecting a Favorite in the Favorites Manager. If it has any priorities associated with it, there's options to undo the lower/higher priority favorite. Also, if you remove/add a favorite that also clears its priority settings (including the per-show priorities you can set that don't apply globally to that favorite, i.e. when you don't select an ALWAYS option)
Old 06-19-2003, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Narflex
You can clear these by selecting a Favorite in the Favorites Manager. If it has any priorities associated with it, there's options to undo the lower/higher priority favorite. Also, if you remove/add a favorite that also clears its priority settings (including the per-show priorities you can set that don't apply globally to that favorite, i.e. when you don't select an ALWAYS option)
Narflex,

I still have the issue where a favorite is waiting till later in the week to record when it can/should be recording on the first airing. I want to adjust the priority setting that I may have set, but can't find anything in either favorites options to do it. Has this menu item been removed in the current version?
Old 06-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having a similar problem as outlined in this post.

There are a few differences between my problem and the one described here though:
1) I've always used Sage as a two tuner system so this eliminates any problem where Sage gets confused when adding a tuner
2) The favourite I chose is only shown once, it does not repeat at a different timeslot
3) The favourite I chose does come on at two channels at the same time.
4) Sage missed one recording of this favourite so far but has recorded every other occurrence before and after the miss. However I'd like to get to the bottom of what caused the miss.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 06-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Sage

mlbdude, if you don't see an option to remove the priority, then no priority is set.