SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Is a scrollbar/ticker possible?

Does the Sage STV (stock) have the capability of having a "ticker"-type scroll on it, either across the bottom, or a blocked-out window in the open space on the right?

Just curious. I know people have asked about having a sports-score scroll (I believe WMC has this?) or whatever, but I was just wondering if having a moving, frequently-updated item on the relatively-static UI menu is even a possibility.

To be clear, I really am wondering about on an HD Extender, not just on the server or a client PC.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

The only problem with this idea is that if you plan to watch a game a little bit later, or even if you are watching a game that you Recorded an hour earlier, do you really want to know live scores? I tend to watch sports in "near real-time" so I start watching the game about 1-1.5 hours after it starts and I generally pretty much catch up to the game by the time it ends. If I had a ticker I would certainly want it to not show the score of the game I am watching.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
The only problem with this idea is that if you plan to watch a game a little bit later, or even if you are watching a game that you Recorded an hour earlier, do you really want to know live scores? I tend to watch sports in "near real-time" so I start watching the game about 1-1.5 hours after it starts and I generally pretty much catch up to the game by the time it ends. If I had a ticker I would certainly want it to not show the score of the game I am watching.
True, but I figured maybe you could (using dynamic custom menus) put the ticker on another page, rather than the main menu. That way you could avoid that page if you feared seeing a score. Or perhaps a simply on/off option could be added (like in dynamic custom menus, where you can turn off the disk space meter and/or the upcoming recordings).

Of course, if the ticker were used for something else... news headlines from some site (grab RSS headlines, feed them in a continuous scroll?), or even a stock ticker, you wouldn't have to worry about sports scores....

I was really just wondering if an "animated" item within the non-animated menu was even possible at all.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

SageMC has a scrolling ticker like this built in that will display headlines from RSS feeds, so it is definitely possible. I have not seen a similar feature for the standard STV.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

It's possible I just don't know that anyone has done it.