SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Copy to Flash Drive???

Not sure if this is the right area, and I'm sorry if it's not. I know there are plugins that allow you to burn to a dvd, but I'm wondering if there's any way within sagetv to copy (although moving *would* work) a file to a flash drive. I record shows, and then want to bring them with me to my g/f's house to watch on the laptop, but dragging files through the network is a real pain. So I grabbed a flash drive (8gig for 20 bucks at walmart, you just can't go wrong!) but much to my dismay, I couldn't do it within sage! Anyone know of any other way?

-Todd

<- 2 Wireless MVP's (Running Wired Mode) -> <- 1 Wired MVP ->
Old 02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Medai Center > Browse Media Files > Browse Recording Paths. Then highlight a file, hit Select, choose "Copy to local file system", and specify your USB drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3835 View Post
(8gig for 20 bucks at walmart, you just can't go wrong!)
I'm guessing the ones you get for $20 at Walmart aren't the speediest. If you're going to be doing this a lot, it's probably worth spending a bit extra for faster write times.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

I copy files all the time from my Sage recording directory to my laptop over my LAN using Windows Explorer. Even copying a full 8 Gigs shouldn't take too long, particularly if you have a Gigabit network. Or you could copy it from your SagePC to your USB drive using Windows Explorer.

I don't know that there really is that much of a difference in speed between the cheap and more expensive one is enough to make that much of a difference.

Why not use Windows Explorer rather than Sage? Just make sure to copy rather than move.