SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dream DTV?!?

I just got a new HDTV. I currently have Direct Tv. The only thing is that the reciever only has analog outputs. (Svideo, & Composite) I'm wondering if there are recievers out ther that have Optical or Coax sound out and Componant video out? Also it would have to have a low speed data port to control it from Sage..... I know they make the HDTV version but is there any others just below those ones? (Ain't gots the bling bling for that just yet) Am I asking for too much? Am I dreaming in 1080i? What recievers will do it?

Thanks guys
Old 03-07-2004, 04:52 AM
Sage Expert

It won't really matter what type of receiver you use since the only tuner cards you can use will only take the S-Video and Composite. But basically, as you put it, you are asking too much. HDTV looks to be really hitting the PC market this year and cheap enough where most can afford it. There are a few cards out there but really each one has their own problems.

So basically your options are really is 1) hold off on recording HDTV 2) Buy an HDTV receiver but you won’t be able to record HDTV 3) Pick up a TiVo box that is coming out for $1,000

Personally I would hold off until some better HDTV cards come out. The new HDTV Wonder from ATI looks to be promising, at least from what I have read on it.