SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartsell View Post
Same for me. It appears to not like any of the babylon 5 disks and I use /forcetitle but have to use one at a time cause it doesnt take multiples. Is their a way to have It force multiple titles?
This is curious. I used MediaShrink to do all 5 seasons of Babylon 5 for my wife back in June and I don't recall having many glitches. What version are you using?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Sorry been a busy week. Yeah, probably the temp solution I would have given you anyway. There are a bunch of weird compatibility things like that in handbrake, its really tailored towards mp4/mkv/h.264 and everything else doesn't get tested as frequently and thus has some strange bugs occasionally.

Dirmon2 does a great job of this, I just set it to only process shows from 1am - 1pm which means it'll start processing at right 1am and but then wont' start a new encode after 1pm.
Is it possible to have dirmon2 run this only on recordings older than say a month or so? That is, it would seem to be optimal to leave fresh recordings in native format, especially since most of mine come from an hdhomerun or r5000-hd, so they are in the native digital format.

I'd like to be able to convert them to save space on basically archived recordings, but allow people to see it in the native format for the first month or so.

Can dirmon do what I want or is it an all of nothing sort of thing?

thx
mike
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Is it possible to have dirmon2 run this only on recordings older than say a month or so?
Never tried it... but in the lower right corner of the job configuration page of Dirmon2 there is an option to Ignore files newer than X hours.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Title not completeing 99.87%

I'm having a problem with one of the TV DVD's I have. For some reason it is hanging at 99.87%, 2 secs remaining.

I know the rip is good because I have had to manually pull out the other 5 episodes via the /forceTitle switch.

Here are the switches I am using in the mediashrink.defaults.txt file. I am also attaching the log file.

Code:
/defaultProfile autoEncode /onePass /forceTitle 17 /saveLog /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms"
Does anyone have any tips? This is the last episode I need to complete the entire series. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt VIDEO_TS.autoEncode.(1).log.txt (151.3 KB, 212 views)
Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

hey EP, or anyone else, got another question regarding Dirmon2

i noticed a problem showing up with my settings, the files are being processed simultaneously which is quite annoying and not queued up

not really sure what setting to set to avoid that. any ideas??
Old 08-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I use this command in Dirmon2:

start /I /BELOWNORMAL /WAIT mediaShrink.exe %COMMAND%

Look at post 222 in this thread and read from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
hey EP, or anyone else, got another question regarding Dirmon2

i noticed a problem showing up with my settings, the files are being processed simultaneously which is quite annoying and not queued up

not really sure what setting to set to avoid that. any ideas??

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Sage Icon

IS there any way to get SageMC to use this instead of the builtin Sage transcoding? It might be good to be able to enable this on a series by series basis, esp given custom tuning of the trasncoding by the show.

The functionality of many of these addons is great, but they suffer a bit by not being integrated into the builtin sageMC UI.
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
IS there any way to get SageMC to use this instead of the builtin Sage transcoding? It might be good to be able to enable this on a series by series basis, esp given custom tuning of the trasncoding by the show.

The functionality of many of these addons is great, but they suffer a bit by not being integrated into the builtin sageMC UI.
EP will have to correct me if i am wrong but my understanding that it was a conscience decision to be standalone and not integrated.

I haven't tried but i believe you could use SJQ to have settings on a series by series basis... and settings that the episode needs to be watched and archived or whatever.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Razr's correct, IMHO its just to much work for too little gain. You can use Dirmon2 or SJQ (Sage Job Queue) and and be able to customize it way better than I could via a plug-in.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
I use this command in Dirmon2:

start /I /BELOWNORMAL /WAIT mediaShrink.exe %COMMAND%

Look at post 222 in this thread and read from there.
tnx dude , guess i never read those posts close enough. it must be the stupid /B i still had in mine.... changed it now, we'll see how it goes.

tnx again!!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Sage User

Possible solution to "No Audio or Video" problem

I kept getting nagging "NO Audio or Video" errors when using the autoEncode profile and handbrake. I think the problem was one of path length. My old workingfolder was buried down in "E:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\MediaScraper\workingfolder" etc. And since sage stores episode names in my file names, the path to the working folder could get really, really long (e.g. "E:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\MediaScraper\workingfolder\AmericasTestKitchenFromCooksIllustrated-PuddingsFromSimpletoSpectacular-3313844-0.workFolder"), as could the working filename ("E:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\MediaScraper\workingfolder\AmericasTestKitchenFromCooksIllustrated-PuddingsFromSimpletoSpectacular-3313844-0.workFolder\AmericasTestKitchenFromCooksIllustrated-PuddingsFromSimpletoSpectacular-3313844-0.mkv").

When I moved my working folder to simply "e:\workingfolder", those pesky jobs seem to be working now. Does anyone else still have this problem? If so, could you try to use a short workingfolder path and test the results?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

EP - any ideas on how this sweet tool could be modified to do all the extraction for TV series DVD's into separate files, but not the re-encoding?

What I'd want to end up with would be a VIDEO_TS folder for each episode, with the MPEG2 DVD stream intact....

btl.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Sage User

I've started to add our DVD collection to use with Sage. Currently I've ripped a few titles to D:/Movies/A View To A Kill/Video_TS. When I drag that folder onto mediashrink, it will quickly open a dos window zip thru and close in a second or two. I see it creates a workfolder and it has a delete.me file in it. I don't think it is actually reworking my files to mkv like I thought it would. The files in the Video_TS folders are vob's. Do I need a different file to work with. I notice you have had some people try to manually encode using .mpg, so maybe I'm short a step or two.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB50 View Post
I've started to add our DVD collection to use with Sage. Currently I've ripped a few titles to D:/Movies/A View To A Kill/Video_TS. When I drag that folder onto mediashrink, it will quickly open a dos window zip thru and close in a second or two. I see it creates a workfolder and it has a delete.me file in it. I don't think it is actually reworking my files to mkv like I thought it would. The files in the Video_TS folders are vob's. Do I need a different file to work with. I notice you have had some people try to manually encode using .mpg, so maybe I'm short a step or two.

Thanks,
Dan
What folder are you dragging? Are you dragging the TS Folder? You need to drag the Movie name folder which in your case would the be "A View To A Kill" folder and it should start working.

If you still have the workfolder and delete.me file then it did not complete.

Alternatively, you can set mediashrink to keep the log file and then you can take a look at exactly what is happening and why it is closing so quickly.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
EP - any ideas on how this sweet tool could be modified to do all the extraction for TV series DVD's into separate files, but not the re-encoding?

What I'd want to end up with would be a VIDEO_TS folder for each episode, with the MPEG2 DVD stream intact....

btl.
I would welcome this as well.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
I'm having a problem with one of the TV DVD's I have. For some reason it is hanging at 99.87%, 2 secs remaining.

I know the rip is good because I have had to manually pull out the other 5 episodes via the /forceTitle switch.

Here are the switches I am using in the mediashrink.defaults.txt file. I am also attaching the log file.

Code:
/defaultProfile autoEncode /onePass /forceTitle 17 /saveLog /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms"
Does anyone have any tips? This is the last episode I need to complete the entire series. Thanks!
Anybody? It's the last episode on a 10 series DVD boxed set! It would really suck to not have this episode.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
What folder are you dragging? Are you dragging the TS Folder? You need to drag the Movie name folder which in your case would the be "A View To A Kill" folder and it should start working.

If you still have the workfolder and delete.me file then it did not complete.

Alternatively, you can set mediashrink to keep the log file and then you can take a look at exactly what is happening and why it is closing so quickly.
Ok, I deleted the workfolder and it's file. Then DnD the A View To a Kill folder onto the mediashrink app. Same thing happened, dos window opened, flashed by and quit. I looked for a log file in my C:/Mediashrink directory, but I only see the apps, 2 folders, and 3 txt files. How do I configure mediashrink?

Dan
Old 09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Check the 2nd post of the thread under "Advanced Usage".

You need to add the savelog switch to your mediashrink.defaults.txt file.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Sage User

Ok, I think I got a log file saved. It looks like it just isn't finding the file it wants in my movie directory and then exits. I ripped my movies using dvdshrink and they save to vob files.

dan

Edit: It won't let me upload the file says .log is an invalid format

Last edited by DanB50; 09-11-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

post the log file here.
Closed Thread