SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Sage Icon

Get currently focused widget?

Is there a way to get the currently focused widget so that you could enumerate/search its child widgets?
Old 05-01-2008, 02:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Not as a Widget object, no. GetFocusContext gets the variable context of the focused widget, but not a handle to the Widget object itself. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish by enumerating child widgets that you can't do by creating some Attributes and using GetFocusContext to retrieve their runtime values? There's actually not a lot you can do with WidgetAPI calls that's useful from a UI perspective. Those calls are mostly meant for operating on the widget tree at import/export time or during Studio editing.

This is all assuming you're talking about the UI focus in the Sage UI window. If you're talking about the selected widget in the Studio window, that's a whole different story, and yes, there are ways to access that info using my Studio Tools API.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

I am tracking the "text" of the currently selected item in the Sage UI. I have been using the GetFocusContext() / attribute approach and it works quite well but I then have to add an attribute to everything I want to track. This is not a big deal but I was just wondering if there was a generic way to get at the currently selected widget and then find the first child text widget so that it could be more "automatic". I guess not. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

You could use a Theme to automatically generate the Text widget from the Attribute. Then you wouldn't have to repeat both the Text and the Attribute on every item.

Code:
(Item) Item 1
    (Attr) Var = "some text"
    (Theme) Item theme
        (Item)
            (Action) Var
                (Text)
(Item) Item 2
    (Attr) Var = "different text"
    (Theme) Item Theme
(Item) Item 3
    (Attr) Var = "more text"