SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm getting the "No Audio No Video" error as well, but it was with your v2.0 before you posted the fix at 2:04 a.m. EST.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 12-01-2009, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Bah, looks like its a Handbrake 9.4 bug with long file SRT file names. I'll post it over on their forums and release a work around tonight.

Edit: Here's the workaround, just overwrite your Handbrake.profile with this...
Code:
# Profile: HandBrake
#
# Main handbrake profile, passes video to mencoder HandBrake it can't handle the content
#

Profile           =HandBrake
    Encode CLI #1     =?>!errorChecked<:>ErrorCheck<?
    Encoder #1        =/insertFunction
    Encode CLI #1     =SetDefaults
    Encode CLI #1     =?>forceMencoder<:>mencoder<?
    Encoder #1        =/branch
    Encode CLI #1     =?>inputMain:videoContainer=~mpegts&&(>!cutComm||(>cutComm&&onlyWhenVprj&&!EXT:vprj<)<)<:>QuickStream Fix<?
    Encode CLI #1     =?>cutComm&&!isDVD<:>Cut Commercials<?
    Encode CLI #2     =?>addSubtitleTrack&&0<:>extractSubtitles<?
    Encoder #2        =/insertFunction
    Encode CLI #1     =!#handbrake_1#-v -i "%%inputMain_REVSLASHES%%" -o "%%OUTPUT_MAIN_REVSLASHES%%.?>avi<:>avi<=>mp4<:>mp4<=>mkv<?" %%SNIP:Handbrake DVD%% %%SNIP:Handbrake Subtitles%% %%SNIP:Handbrake Video%% %%SNIP:Handbrake Audio%% %%SNIP:Handbrake Video Filters%%
    Encoder #1        =/exe HandBrakeCLI.exe
    Encode CLI #5     =?>addSubtitleTrack&&INPUTSUB<:>/subtitleComplete<?
    Encoder #5        =/setOptions
    Encode CLI #2     =?>aac51<:>HandBrakeAAC51<?
    Encode CLI #2     =?>inputMain:videoContainer=~matroska<:>mkvAttachExtras<?
    Encode CLI #3     =outputModes
    Encoder #3        =/insertFunction

outputModes

# Profile: HandBrakeAAC51
#
# Add 5.1 AAC track to handbrake .mkv output
#

Profile           =HandBrakeAAC51
    Encode CLI #2     =splitAV
    Encode CLI #2     =makeAAC51
    Encode CLI #2     =?>mkv<:>mkvMux<=>mp4<:>mp4Mux<?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Handbrake.zip (743 Bytes, 178 views)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-01-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

EP, question, does your new version show the HandBrake completion percentatge like the old one? I'm not seeing it, and while not critical (the encoding still works) it was nice to know how long I had left.

Thanks!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm also wondering about that. I dropped a Video_ts folder onto mediashrink last night and was monitoring the window. It got to the point where it called for Handbrake and it looked like it wasn't doing anything. I closed it and went to delete the temp work folder, but when I looked inside the folder, there was a partial .mkv there, so it seems like it was working.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure that launching handbrake like I used to and showing the output like that is the reason that SJQ was mysteriously failing before. I may be able to get it going again in a different way, i'll give it a look.

Also, if you think something is hanging, it's best to open up the work folder and check the last modified .log file to see if its still updating. Odds are its just working on a long process.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Updated again, download now includes workaround to handbrake SRT bug and exit codes (0= Success, 1=Fail) for SJQ.

http://code.google.com/p/upnp2podcas...&ts=1259781104
Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I'm pretty sure that launching handbrake like I used to and showing the output like that is the reason that SJQ was mysteriously failing before. I may be able to get it going again in a different way, i'll give it a look.

Also, if you think something is hanging, it's best to open up the work folder and check the last modified .log file to see if its still updating. Odds are its just working on a long process.
Thanks EP! If it's causing SJQ to fail, don't worry about it. It still works, you just have to let it sit long enough to end on it's own. It doesn't give you the feedback it's working like it did before.
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

EP, question: Do you do your MediaShrink work on your WHS box? If so, have you noticed an improvement in encoding times w/ the new version of HB?

I'm delving into the SJQ (beta 3) and MediaShrink goodness. I'm debating whether to buy video redo as well. Have you completely replaced Comskip with VideoRedo?

Also, does anyone out there know of any good media renamers that are command line driven so I can use them in SJQ? I could completely automate my system here if I had that!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post

Also, does anyone out there know of any good media renamers that are command line driven so I can use them in SJQ? I could completely automate my system here if I had that!
Besides Media Scrape?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EP, question: Do you do your MediaShrink work on your WHS box? If so, have you noticed an improvement in encoding times w/ the new version of HB?
I use it on win7, but the encoding improvements are much more tied to your processor than anything else.

Quote:
I'm delving into the SJQ (beta 3) and MediaShrink goodness. I'm debating whether to buy video redo as well. Have you completely replaced Comskip with VideoRedo?
Well, I actually don't cut commercials anymore, I just compress and save the .edl files. But if you do cut you'll either want to do it in one of two ways...
  • Set up comskip to generate .edl (and .vprj files if you want) and let mediashrink/VRD automatically cut the commercials. I don't really recommend this as comskip is never perfect and you could end up losing parts of the actual show.
  • When you have a show you want to cut the commercials, manually generate the .vprj file and let mediaShrink use it. I do this for some shows like this...
  1. Record show and let comskip generate an .edl file.
  2. If you want to cut that show, drag and drop the edl file onto edl2vprj.exe (in mediaShrinkBins) to generate a rough .vprj
  3. Open up VRD, manually clean up the cut points and save the .vprj file again. Takes about 1 minute once you get the hang of it.
  4. Set a SJQ job to look the .vprj files nightly and trigger an encode/cut
Quote:
Do you really want to rename your shows once you've encoded them? I prefer to leave them named as they are so Sage will still track them as the original recordings.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-02-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Question.

If you encode a recorded show to a different container. For example, an mpeg to say an MKV but the filename remains the same, does Sage still recognize this file as the original recording?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Question.

If you encode a recorded show to a different container. For example, an mpeg to say an MKV but the filename remains the same, does Sage still recognize this file as the original recording?
as long as the only thing that changes is the extension and it is a file type that plays in Sage, then yes, it still thinks it is the original recording.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Awesome. Now the wheels are turning.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Updated again, download now includes workaround to handbrake SRT bug and exit codes (0= Success, 1=Fail) for SJQ.

http://code.google.com/p/upnp2podcas...&ts=1259781104
RE failure codes:

I've had a problem recently where handbrake will hang at some point during its encoding process (tying up dirmon2 until i notice it... usually because its not comskipping anymore... i know i know im still using dirmon2... i havent had time to upgrade to sjq yet... hopefully sometime soon now that it does everything i want ).

By hang up i mean the handbrake process just stalls... it doesn't error out... it just sit there running consuming 0 cpu cycles for hours (or days depending on how long it takes me to recognize i have a problem...)... Is there a way to have mediashrink detect this type of error, kill handbrake, fail the process and then report it to SJQ so it gets logged as failed? And if not i guess that's a feature request
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
RE failure codes:

I've had a problem recently where handbrake will hang at some point during its encoding process (tying up dirmon2 until i notice it... usually because its not comskipping anymore... i know i know im still using dirmon2... i havent had time to upgrade to sjq yet... hopefully sometime soon now that it does everything i want ).

By hang up i mean the handbrake process just stalls... it doesn't error out... it just sit there running consuming 0 cpu cycles for hours (or days depending on how long it takes me to recognize i have a problem...)... Is there a way to have mediashrink detect this type of error, kill handbrake, fail the process and then report it to SJQ so it gets logged as failed? And if not i guess that's a feature request
SJQ will do this. SJQ will allow you to specify a :maxRun or :maxrunratio so if the encode goest past the alloted time for example, 3 times the size of the file, you can then have SJQ mark it as failed. You could also set SJQ to kill the task and then generate an alert (email, txt, etc.) via sagealert of the occurence.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm looking at a new process execution method that would allow me to set timeouts internally, but there are still some issues that i'm not sure I can work out. The best way to handle this is to use SJQ to timeout the job based on the original video length * X (I use 5 on my quad-core, but slower CPU's will need a longer timeout).
Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
SJQ will do this. SJQ will allow you to specify a :maxRun or :maxrunratio so if the encode goest past the alloted time for example, 3 times the size of the file, you can then have SJQ mark it as failed. You could also set SJQ to kill the task and then generate an alert (email, txt, etc.) via sagealert of the occurence.
ahhh cool ... so the question i guess is if SJQ kills the mediashrink.exe task will the handbrake tasks get killed as well? When i kill mediashrink manually i have to also kill the handbrake task... (maybe i could kill them with a batch file... mmmm)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Not sure about that one but it could definitely do it with a batch file if needed.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
ahhh cool ... so the question i guess is if SJQ kills the mediashrink.exe task will the handbrake tasks get killed as well? When i kill mediashrink manually i have to also kill the handbrake task... (maybe i could kill them with a batch file... mmmm)
Slugger would have to correct me, but i'm pretty sure that he's not just killing the mediaShrink process, but the cmd environment its running in. That should handle killing all of the children processes.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Slugger would have to correct me, but i'm pretty sure that he's not just killing the mediaShrink process, but the cmd environment its running in. That should handle killing all of the children processes.
Baby killer.
Closed Thread