SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope, mediaShrink won't handle that, but that's not a bad idea for a future improvement. I'll let you know if I figure out a simple CLI that you can use to convert that.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Nope, mediaShrink won't handle that, but that's not a bad idea for a future improvement. I'll let you know if I figure out a simple CLI that you can use to convert that.
Ben from Eng HD helped me modify one for DVRMS toolbox and it works, but I'm not a big user of that program, so every so often I do something that ends up erasing the input file and giving me nothing in the end (usually end user error that causes that).

I know you have tons on your plate, but just something to keep in the back of your mind.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Ben from Eng HD helped me modify one for DVRMS toolbox and it works, but I'm not a big user of that program, so every so often I do something that ends up erasing the input file and giving me nothing in the end (usually end user error that causes that).

I know you have tons on your plate, but just something to keep in the back of your mind.
I forget the name of it off the top of my head (it's on my PC at home, will have to check later), but I have a program that does just this with two clicks. Not sure if it's command-line driven too, but it could be added to the MediaShrink toolkit. Detect DTS --> Encode new AC-3 track --> add it to the MKV container.

The end file would be a tad bigger (new audio track) but it would keep both DTS and AC3.

I have the same issue, no DTS receiver... :-/

I'll find that program when I get home and see what I can get it to do w/ the command line.

EDIT: Found it... eac3to is what I use to conver the DTS to AC3. I think I can remux it back into the MKV from here too... need to do more research.
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300

Last edited by ChaOConnor; 12-10-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

yeah, dvrms toolbox leverages eac3to in the process that Ben helped me with. I'll look into it.

I'll get you the SJQ stuff you're asking for as soon as I can figure out why SJQ thinks I changed my password.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ruleset

Code:
# Live commercial detection
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsNotManualOrFavorite{} == false && FileExists != "%d%/%p%.edl" && Filename =$ ".mpg"]
{
   COMSKIP
}

if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsNotManualOrFavorite{} == false && FileExists != "%d%/%p%.edl" && Filename =$ ".mkv"]
{
   COMSKIP
}

# Transcode recordings from the last 7 days
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && MediaAge < "4D" && Filename =$ ".mpg"] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKHQ
}
WHS Client Instructions

Code:
COMSKIP {
   :MAX 2
   :RESOURCES 25
   :RETURNCODE 1
   "D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.exe \"--ini=D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.ini\" \"%c%\""
}

# Run at most 1 mediashink job from 2am - 10am Monday - Friday  :OFFHOUR "0-2, 14-23"
MEDIASHRINKHQ
{
   :CPU "LOW"
   :MAX 1
   :RESOURCES 50
   "D:\\shares\\Software\\sagetv\\mediashrinkv2\\mediaEngine.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /mediaShrink /batch /saveLog /defaultProfile autoEncode /findFileRegEx \"avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms\""
}
Old 12-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Entirely off-topic, (well, not really, but anyway), if one were to build a computer and want the main focus to be on encoding video (i.e. Handbrake optimization), would a lower speed Quad Core or a higher speed Dual Core processor be better if all other things are equal?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Entirely off-topic, (well, not really, but anyway), if one were to build a computer and want the main focus to be on encoding video (i.e. Handbrake optimization), would a lower speed Quad Core or a higher speed Dual Core processor be better if all other things are equal?
personally id vote lower speed quad core... because video encoding is one of the FEW tasks that actually utilize multiple cores to offload tasks too... (no i don't have any hard data but thats my experience...)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
personally id vote lower speed quad core... because video encoding is one of the FEW tasks that actually utilize multiple cores to offload tasks too... (no i don't have any hard data but thats my experience...)
+1

If you check out Handbrake's benchmark forum you'll see lots of good data supporting that. Also, not related to performance, but you'll have a much easier time managing the CPU temp on a slower quad than a faster dual.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm... This may get interesting. I have a bunch of mismatched parts laying around and I may go out and get a cheap quad core Athlon. I'm thinking about an SSD to go with it. I searched the HB forums for benchmarks including those, but couldn't find any. Theoretically it would help encoding times too, right?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmmm... This may get interesting. I have a bunch of mismatched parts laying around and I may go out and get a cheap quad core Athlon. I'm thinking about an SSD to go with it. I searched the HB forums for benchmarks including those, but couldn't find any. Theoretically it would help encoding times too, right?
Nope SSD won't help much, encoding is all CPU (also memory, but to a much less noticable extent).

Old 12-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

the ssd will just help will overall responsiveness and load times of the OS and its programs. Like ep said encoding is not limited by the disk at all so an ssd isnt worth it for an encoding machine.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

heat and noise would probably be the biggest considerations for the SSD
Old 12-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks man!

Quote:
Ruleset

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsNotManualOrFavorite{} == false && FileExists != "%d%/%p%.edl" && Filename =$ ".mpg"]
{
   COMSKIP
}

if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsNotManualOrFavorite{} == false && FileExists != "%d%/%p%.edl" && Filename =$ ".mkv"]
{
   COMSKIP
}

# Transcode recordings from the last 7 days
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && MediaAge < "4D" && Filename =$ ".mpg"] 
{
   MEDIASHRINKHQ
}
WHS Client Instructions

Code:
COMSKIP {
   :MAX 2
   :RESOURCES 25
   :RETURNCODE 1
   "D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.exe \"--ini=D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.ini\" \"%c%\""
}

# Run at most 1 mediashink job from 2am - 10am Monday - Friday  :OFFHOUR "0-2, 14-23"
MEDIASHRINKHQ
{
   "D:\\shares\\Software\\sagetv\\mediashrinkv2\\mediaEngine.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /mediaShrink /batch /saveLog /defaultProfile autoEncode /findFileRegEx \"avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms\""
}
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Sage User

New tool is coming

Quote:
Bear with me on this one.

Say I have an .mkv encoded with dts audio. In my living room, I have Sage hooked up to my DTS capable receiver and it is no problem.

I just bought an LCD and another HD-200 for my bedroom. I obviously can't play the dts track on the TV, so I was wondering if mediashrink had the possibility down the road to be able to take the .mkv, look and see if the only audio is dts, take out the dts, encode to ac3, add the ac3 to the original mkv preserving both the original dts and adding the new ac3.
Hi, I almost finished writing such a tool SAGEAudioConvert...

Syntax: SAGEAudioConvert [options] source

Options:
-inplace replace the original video when complete.
-outputdir directory to place final video if not using inplace option.
-workdir temporary working directory. Default is OS temp directory.
-language convert this language (ISO639-1). Default to every languages.
-stereo downmix multi channel audio to stereo (Dolby Pro Logic II).
-kbps kbps for AC3 encoding. "192", "448" or "640".
-priority process priority. "low" or "normal".
-recursive process every mkv file recursively from source directory.
-listISO639 display a list of valid language code.
-debug create a verbose debug log beside the executable.

Defaults:
-inplace -kbps=640 -priority=normal -language=all -recursive

Examples:
SAGEAudioConvert z:\movies
SAGEAudioConvert -inplace -kbps=640 movie.mkv
SAGEAudioConvert -inplace -priority=normal z:\movies

The link will be available in 1 or 2 days :-)
Old 12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

EP,

When you use comskip to determine the cropping how far into the file do you go. Do you go to the first commercial... or just a few minutes in. I am asking this because last nights Criminal Minds had a dark scene at the beginning that was more dark on the left side.... So mediashrink cropped too much so I got the right side of the show centered with black bars on each side.

Is there any way that I can set it to go further into the show before determining cropping? I really don't care if I have to comskip the whole show I prefer getting the cropping correct.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-18-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Sage User

I can't prevent mediashrink from cropping my files, and it is cropping way too much, I end up with roughly the top left quarter of the video. I tried using /noAutoCrop, specifying the resolution with /xRes and /yRes, but to no avail.

My command line is:

"C:\mediashrink\mediaShrink.exe D:\SageTV\Seinfeld-ThePie-1845976-0.ts /batch /InPlace /x264 /onePass /noAutoCrop /highProfile /cliBitrate 2500 /ac3 /mkv"

Log: http://pastebin.com/madcb1d1
Rosewill RSV-L4411 server case, Core i5 4590, 16 GB RAM, 1 Hauppauge Colossus, 1 HDHomeRun, 500GB SATA recording drive, 14 TB JBOD for media, SageTV 7, Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 14.04 VM with Plex Server and Subsonic

Frontend:
ASUS Chromebox running Kodi with SageTV add-on
Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Sage User

Did anyone get back the Handbrake % completed display mentioned a few pages back. I'm just getting to the new version (which I quite like btw), but it would be nice to see the estimated time of completion that was in the older version. I see the workfolder and the network stream (encoding over the network) so I know it's working.

Thanks. Props to EP and the rest of you for making something that really takes much of the headache out of Handbrake.

Added: btw, is there any way to use the CQ handbrake settings. They seem to be recommended throughout their forums.

Last edited by Loch; 12-19-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm back to the no audio video problem I had before. I'm calling mediaengine directly now and I'm getting this.

Code:
Welcome to mediaEngine v1.0beta
Staring Proccesing at 20:28:20 12-20-2009
  + Executable   : D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngine.exe
  + EXE path     : D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh
  + Parsing switches
    - optionsString: "\\localhost\recorded tv\BattlestarGalactica-1349209-0.mpg" "/mediaShrink" "/findFileRegEx" "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" "/inPlace" "/batch" "/saveLog" "/highProfile" 
        - Replacing quote0: \\localhost\recorded tv\BattlestarGalactica-1349209-0.mpg
        - Replacing quote1: /mediaShrink
        - Replacing quote2: /findFileRegEx
        - Replacing quote3: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
        - Replacing quote4: /inPlace
        - Replacing quote5: /batch
        - Replacing quote6: /saveLog
        - Replacing quote7: /highProfile
      ! couldn't understand (\\localhost\recorded tv\BattlestarGalactica-1349209-0.mpg), throwing it away
    - Adding to to options Hash
      + Key: mediaShrink
      + Key: findFileRegEx
      + Value: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
      + Key: inPlace
      + Key: batch
      + Key: saveLog
      + Key: highProfile
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
  + Seraching for avaialble binaries
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineProfiles (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\Comskip (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\Curl (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg\compiling (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libAften (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libFlac (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libMatrix (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc\Sources (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\r8brain (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\plugins (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596 (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\docs (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4 (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\doc (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\data (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc\images (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\examples (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mp4box (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311 (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\codecs (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\docs (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.avail (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.d (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer (exe)
    - Scanning Directory: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR (exe)
      + ccextractorwin.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\ccextractorwin.exe
      + edl2vprj.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\edl2vprj.exe
      + mp4creator.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mp4creator.exe
      + mtee.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mtee.exe
      + touch.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\touch.exe
      + wget.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\wget.exe
      + comskip.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\Comskip\comskip.exe
      + curl.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\Curl\curl.exe
      + eac3to.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\eac3to.exe
      + ffmpeg.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe
      + ffmpeg_SVN.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\ffmpeg_SVN.exe
      + HandBrakeCLI.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\HandBrakeCLI.exe
      + mkvextract.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvextract.exe
      + mkvinfo.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvinfo.exe
      + mkvmerge.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe
      + mkvpropedit.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvpropedit.exe
      + mmg.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mmg.exe
      + MP4Box.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\mp4box\MP4Box.exe
      + mencoder.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mencoder.exe
      + mplayer.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer.exe
      + vfw2menc.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\vfw2menc.exe
      + tsMuxeR.exe	: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR\tsMuxeR.exe
  + Seraching for input files (avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms)
------------ Processing ----------------
  + Adding per run options: ()()
    + Parsing switches
      - optionsString: 
  + Processing: 
  ! No input file found
    - Making Log File: D:\shares\Software\sagetv\mediashrinkv2fresh\mediaEngine.log
  + Looking for profile:
Here is my SJQ ruleset again in case there is some syntax problem I'm having with it.

Code:
MEDIASHRINKHQ
{
   "D:\\shares\\Software\\sagetv\\mediashrinkv2fresh\\mediaEngine.exe \"%c%\" /mediaShrink /findFileRegEx \"avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms\" /inPlace /batch /saveLog /highProfile"
}
I know it's holiday time and I don't expect ANY response for a while, but I wanted to throw it out here when you get a chance to look at it.

Thanks! Happy Holidays EP.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Sage User

EP,
I have seen the same issue of "unable to find Video" too. I have tried all quick updates you have mentioned before and still the same result. I am a Newbie so user error may be a factor on my side. I am see this on my one an only HTPC, no clients or extenders here. I am trying to encode DVD files that I ripped using DVDFab. I ripped them 1 to 1 to my hard drive. Please Help when you get a chance.

Welcome to mediaEngine v2.0 (Built on 17:39:35.64 12-02-2009 )
Staring Proccesing at 21:24:02 12-28-2009

+ Executable : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngine.exe
+ EXE path : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars
+ Parsing switches
- optionsString: "/saveLog" "/defaultProfile" "autoEncode" "/findFileRegEx" "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" "/mediaShrink" "fixBug" "I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\VIDEO_TS"
- Replacing quote0: /saveLog
- Replacing quote1: /defaultProfile
- Replacing quote2: autoEncode
- Replacing quote3: /findFileRegEx
- Replacing quote4: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
- Replacing quote5: /mediaShrink
- Replacing quote6: fixBug
- Replacing quote7: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\VIDEO_TS
+ Key: saveLog
+ Key: defaultProfile
+ Value: autoEncode
+ Key: findFileRegEx
+ Value: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
+ Key: mediaShrink
+ Value: fixBug
- Adding Inputfile: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\VIDEO_TS

------------------Profiles--------------------
+ Looking for profiles file...
- Found = I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (profile|func|snip|output|scrape)
+ Reading Profiles (36)
- Found 3 Profiles
+ Seraching for avaialble binaries
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles\encodingProfiles (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles\scrapingProfiles (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\Comskip (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\Curl (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\ffmpeg\compiling (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libAften (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libFlac (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libMatrix (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\libSsrc\Sources (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\legal stuff\r8brain (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\plugins (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596 (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\docs (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4 (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\doc (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\data (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\doc\images (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\examples (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\de\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\ja\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_CN\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\locale\zh_TW\LC_MESSAGES (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mp4box (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311 (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\codecs (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\docs (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.avail (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\fonts\conf.d (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer (exe)
- Scanning Directory: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR (exe)
+ ccextractorwin.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\ccextractorwin.exe
+ edl2vprj.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\edl2vprj.exe
+ mp4creator.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mp4creator.exe
+ mtee.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mtee.exe
+ touch.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\touch.exe
+ wget.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\wget.exe
+ comskip.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\Comskip\comskip.exe
+ curl.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\Curl\curl.exe
+ eac3to.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\eac3to\eac3to.exe
+ ffmpeg.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe
+ ffmpeg_SVN.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-svn-16596\ffmpeg_SVN.exe
+ HandBrakeCLI.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\HandBrake 9.4\HandBrakeCLI.exe
+ mkvextract.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvextract.exe
+ mkvinfo.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvinfo.exe
+ mkvmerge.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe
+ mkvpropedit.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mkvpropedit.exe
+ mmg.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mkvtoolnix\mmg.exe
+ MP4Box.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\mp4box\MP4Box.exe
+ mencoder.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mencoder.exe
+ mplayer.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\mplayer.exe
+ vfw2menc.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\MPlayer-rtm-svn-28311\vfw2menc.exe
+ tsMuxeR.exe : I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins\tsMuxeR\tsMuxeR.exe
+ Seraching for input files (avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms)
- Found File: (I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)
------------ Processing ----------------
+ Adding per run options: (/inputFile "I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars" /profile autoEncode)(/inputFile "I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars" /profile autoEncode)
+ Parsing switches
- optionsString: /inputFile "I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars" /profile autoEncode
- Replacing quote0: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars
+ Key: inputFile
+ Value: I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars
+ Key: profile
+ Value: autoEncode
+ Processing: inputFile = Cars
+ Looking for profile: autoEncode
- Found "autoencode"
- Making delete.me file: (I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars.workFolder\delete.me)
- Adding temp dir to delete list(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars.workFolder)
+ Using Options
- binfolder(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineBins)
- defaultprofile(autoEncode)
- exepath(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)
- findfileregex(avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms)
- inputfile(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)
- inputmain(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)
- mediaenginebins(HASH(0x164361c))
- mediashrink(fixBug)
- numcommands(1)
- original(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)
- passlogfile(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars.workFolder\passLogFile.log)
- path(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)
- profile(autoEncode)
- profilefolder(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars\mediaEngineProfiles)
- quote(")
- savelog()
- scratchname(Cars.scratch)
- scratchpath(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars.workFolder)
- thetvdbapikey(5645B594A3F32D27)
- usingcommands(ARRAY(0x1270814))
- usingprofile(autoencode)
- usingtargets(ARRAY(0x176bd0c))
- workdir(I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)
+ Getting Video Info: (I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars)(0)
------
FFmpeg version SVN-r39, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --target-os=mingw32 --prefix=/Users/daved/Development/SageTV/Projects/buildwin/stage --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl --disable-decoder=aac --disable-encoder=aac --disable-demuxer=ea --disable-devices --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-pthreads --disable-debug --enable-memalign-hack --extra-cflags=-fno-common -march=i686 -mtune=i686 -DWIN32 -I/Users/daved/Development/SageTV/Projects/buildwin/stage/include --extra-ldflags=-L/Users/daved/Development/SageTV/Projects/buildwin/stage/lib --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=i686-pc-mingw32-
libavutil 50. 2. 0 / 50. 2. 0
libavcodec 52.22. 3 / 52.22. 3
libavformat 52.32. 0 / 52.32. 0
libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
built on Jul 10 2009 11:26:38, gcc: 4.2.4
I:\DVD\FullDisc\Cars: no such file or directory
------
! Unable to detect video info, skipping to next video
Old 12-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Sage User

EP and Others,

Oops! I did not drop the entire folder on to the "mediashrink.exe" as explained in the "A Digital Home Blog: Media Shrink" states. I was dropping only the Video_TS folder. I now have a command line file running...
Newbie on board...
Closed Thread