SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Administrator

IR: An inordinate fondness tor the Lifetime channel

Does SageTV have some hidden connection to the Lifetime channel? I don't believe I have ever watched anything on that channel, yet IR fills every free time slot with a movie on Lifetime _every_ day. I have marked every single one of them as "don't like", but still it persists.

Yes, I know I could remove that channel from the lineup... but I'm sure IR would then find some other favorite channel to use as filler... with my luck, it would probably choose the Mud Wrestling in Monster Trucks Speeding over Golf Courses channel next. (Hey -- these channels are going after a pretty narrow target audience lately.)

Anyway... just making an observation.

Any other interesting results to report from your combat with IR?

- Andy
Old 03-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Sage Expert

I know how you feel. I had to remove all of my spanish channels from my tivo. I never once told it to record anything in spanish, yet it constantly recorded spanish programming and educational kid shows.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by turak
I know how you feel. I had to remove all of my spanish channels from my tivo. I never once told it to record anything in spanish, yet it constantly recorded spanish programming and educational kid shows.
Maybe it was trying to tell you something.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, it gets paid programming on SciFi in the middle of night for me! I mean, I like SciFi and all, but...
Old 03-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by robertmcox
it gets paid programming on SciFi in the middle of night for me!
lol! That's the best one I've heard anywhere so far. Whatever you do, _don't_ ever watch one, or it will think you really like it.

On the other hand... maybe it will find some good deals for you...

- Andy
Old 03-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Sage Icon

Opus4, I think this means that in your normal viewing, you show a fondness for movies about evil men trying to kill women or their babies. Since this is all that plays on lifetime, it explains why your system records it. My advice is to stop watching chick flix and female empowerment shows if you do not want it to continue this trend.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Just from reading the descriptions of movies on Lifetime... you know how close I came to describing it like you just did? They seem to play nothing but movies about how some woman was taken advantage of & then _perhaps_ faught back in some way -- as if nothing ever happens to women except something that makes them victims. (And that view isn't because I'm male -- my wife can't stand the channel either... and it isn't because I told her not to like it!) Maybe I'll remove it from the channel listings anyway...

We record a lot of kids shows for our children, so maybe that ties into the Lifetime profile in some way. If you have kids at home watching TV, there must be a mother there somewhere!

- Andy
Old 03-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Heh heh, my wife loves it. She would watch it all day if she could. One sunday I actually deleted the channel so I could watch football in peace. I just told her that there was a problem with cable!
Old 03-13-2004, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

LMAO
women's TV Gone
religion Gone
Homeshopping Gone
Spanish Gone
all from my Guide