SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Stuckless,

Excuse the newbie questions but trying to look at the java docs for the phoenix api and see how you are getting pictures in a folder regardless of the name. Is there an exposed call anywhere to send a path and get a .jpg?

thanks
I'm not sure specifically which api you are referring to? I thnk that for all fanart api calls, i need a mediafile/airing object from which I can get a "title". Once I have the title, I can then calculate the fanart file associated with it.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm not sure specifically which api you are referring to? I thnk that for all fanart api calls, i need a mediafile/airing object from which I can get a "title". Once I have the title, I can then calculate the fanart file associated with it.
Yeah I am wanting to scrap together the fanartdirectory I want pulled from (different from the default that your returns no problem with yours) I am just curious how you are pulling jpegs from within a folder regardless of name.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah I am wanting to scrap together the fanartdirectory I want pulled from (different from the default that your returns no problem with yours) I am just curious how you are pulling jpegs from within a folder regardless of name.
Figured it out nevermind thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to pass a list/array to the plugin of BMT to have it fetch fanart/metadata for the entire list/array rather than by show/video?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to pass a list/array to the plugin of BMT to have it fetch fanart/metadata for the entire list/array rather than by show/video?
phoenix_api_StartMetadataScan(null, MediaFile[]) should do it. I haven't used the api yet myself. check out the api docs phoenix.MediaMetadataAPI.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
phoenix_api_StartMetadataScan(null, MediaFile[]) should do it. I haven't used the api yet myself. check out the api docs phoenix.MediaMetadataAPI.
As always thanks and will do
Old 08-16-2009, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean,

Does the GetMetadataScanComplete() work yet? it always seeems to return 0.0 regardless. Also the above StartMetadataScan works great except it seems after running it once I can't again beacuse the scan is always in process (checking with IsMetadaScanRunning)as per above and 0.0% complete

thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean,

Does the GetMetadataScanComplete() work yet? it always seeems to return 0.0 regardless. Also the above StartMetadataScan works great except it seems after running it once I can't again beacuse the scan is always in process (checking with IsMetadaScanRunning)as per above and 0.0% complete

thanks
I remember you mentioning that before... I added a bug for this, so that I won't forget again
Old 08-18-2009, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I've updated the phoenix api download site to include the latest 1.42 build that is shipping with bmt 3.0. This build includes a few bug fixes and hopefully an improved scanner that works (as per issues 125)

Note, the current StartMetadataScan() apis have been deprecated (not removed), and a newer set of apis now exist for dealing with the scanner. Here's the blurb from the bug fix...

Quote:
Changed Scanning to use the same scanning methodology that the WebUI uses. Scanning
API have been deprecated, and the basic flow is....

Object tracker = StartMetadataScan()
int progress = GetMetadataScanComplete(tracker)
boolean complete IsMetadataScanRunning(tracker)

Bottom line, is that when you start the scan, hold onto the tracker for information
about your scan.

You can also cancel the scan, use CancelMetadataScan(tracker)
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've updated the phoenix api download site to include the latest 1.42 build that is shipping with bmt 3.0. This build includes a few bug fixes and hopefully an improved scanner that works (as per issues 125)

Note, the current StartMetadataScan() apis have been deprecated (not removed), and a newer set of apis now exist for dealing with the scanner. Here's the blurb from the bug fix...
Okay I think I understand how you would use this in Java is there any way to set the tracker object in studio?

I tried Tacker = StartMetadataScan(null,arrary)
but I always get scan is running when calling IsMetadataScanRunnin(tracker)

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 08-20-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

because of rounding errors.... i'd use the method IsMetadataScanRunning(tracker), since it reports if the process exited, independent of the "progress" value.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
because of rounding errors.... i'd use the method IsMetadataScanRunning(tracker), since it reports if the process exited, independent of the "progress" value.
Okay now you got me I am using IsMetadataScanRunning(tracker)?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry Plucky.... My previous response doesn't make much sense I was pretty rushed that day

I use the tracker for the command line scanning and the web ui scanning, so, I'm fairly confident that it's working... but... I have not used these particular apis. If you give me a test stv, perhaps, I can troubleshoot the issue, and see what's up with the tracker when it's called via the stv.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

How is music fanart pulled currently (Backgrounds) is it still required to be in the music folder or is there a fanart structure already in place for it?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How is music fanart pulled currently (Backgrounds) is it still required to be in the music folder or is there a fanart structure already in place for it?
Music fanart has not been addressed... yet. It's probably not something we'll be focusing on until we get to the music browser for phoenix.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Music fanart has not been addressed... yet. It's probably not something we'll be focusing on until we get to the music browser for phoenix.
ok thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi Sean & Phoenix crew,

I was wondering if you could take a look at the image transform api again, more specifically the perspective code. Currently Phoenix adjusts the pespective via x and y, so you basically move y up/down or strech the x axis left or right.

Would it be possible to make the api stretch one side whilst leaving the other untouched? I've attached an image which probably explains things better than my words ever could

I know I've asked this before and I appologise for repeating an old question.

Cheers

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Perspective.jpg (60.4 KB, 178 views)
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hi Sean & Phoenix crew,

I was wondering if you could take a look at the image transform api again, more specifically the perspective code. Currently Phoenix adjusts the pespective via x and y, so you basically move y up/down or strech the x axis left or right.

Would it be possible to make the api stretch one side whilst leaving the other untouched? I've attached an image which probably explains things better than my words ever could

Cheers

Ben
I would second this request
Old 09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hi Sean & Phoenix crew,

Cheers

Ben
The type of transform that you are asking for, is the preferred perspective transform, but unfortunately, it's almost impossible to do using only the java2d image APIs. It is possible to do this using 3d apis, and I think that the java3d apis may even have an api to do it out of the box. I spent some time looking at this particular API, but in the end, I went with the code that mike/flashbar used in the SageMC codebase.

If you can find a java2d algorithm that gives the results that you want, then send it to me, and I'll take a look at incorporating it into the ImageAPIs.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
The type of transform that you are asking for, is the preferred perspective transform, but unfortunately, it's almost impossible to do using only the java2d image APIs. It is possible to do this using 3d apis, and I think that the java3d apis may even have an api to do it out of the box. I spent some time looking at this particular API, but in the end, I went with the code that mike/flashbar used in the SageMC codebase.

If you can find a java2d algorithm that gives the results that you want, then send it to me, and I'll take a look at incorporating it into the ImageAPIs.
Oki, I'll have a look around but don't hold your breath