SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The type of transform that you are asking for, is the preferred perspective transform, but unfortunately, it's almost impossible to do using only the java2d image APIs. It is possible to do this using 3d apis, and I think that the java3d apis may even have an api to do it out of the box. I spent some time looking at this particular API, but in the end, I went with the code that mike/flashbar used in the SageMC codebase.

If you can find a java2d algorithm that gives the results that you want, then send it to me, and I'll take a look at incorporating it into the ImageAPIs.
Thanks for the clearification. I am guessing that 3d apis cannot be used by sage?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Thanks for the clearification. I am guessing that 3d apis cannot be used by sage?
Actually sage can use 3d apis and I think they even include opengl libs with the application. The phoenix apis doesn't use the opengl apis, and I'm not sure if the opengl apis have the image apis that would be needed to create a 3d transform. Phoenix could bring in other 3rd party libs (java3d), but we just opted not to do so at this this point.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

First time really messing with your API (or studio at all for that matter). My question is this. Is there a way to grab fanart based strictly off a title? Currently, it seems phoenix_api_GetFanartBanner and it's cousins require a MediaObject, then it seems it pulls the title from that. Is there a way to just pass it the title? I'm trying to work from a list of plain titles, and draw the banners, but am unable to do it through phoenix. (I suppose I could build the paths myself, but that's hardly as robust as sticking with the API).

Thanks
Chris

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-29-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Sean,

First time really messing with your API (or studio at all for that matter). My question is this. Is there a way to grab fanart based strictly off a title? Currently, it seems phoenix_api_GetFanartBanner and it's cousins require a MediaObject, then it seems it pulls the title from that. Is there a way to just pass it the title? I'm trying to work from a list of plain titles, and draw the banners, but am unable to do it through phoenix. (I suppose I could build the paths myself, but that's hardly as robust as sticking with the API).

Thanks
Chris
Chris,

You can string it together yourself as you already said by using GetFanartCentralFolder() not ideal but I have done it this way in the past.

That said if you have the title you should be able to have the object to pass?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You can string it together yourself as you already said by using GetFanartCentralFolder() not ideal but I have done it this way in the past.
Yeah, I know I can string it together... the problem comes with getting the actual file name of the banner.. (or more importantly, choosing from the selection of banners.. not sure on studio's file i/o to even get the directory listing yet). My lack of studio skills far exceeds my severe lack of java skills...
Quote:
That said if you have the title you should be able to have the object to pass?
not really... this is part of the malore menus, and the grouping is done separately from the display. The grouping creates basically a text array of the display names for the left pane. To use the3 original object, I will have to create my own array that stores the paths, associated with the display names, back when the groups are created, and reference that array when drawing the display. Since phoenix just uses the title that it gets from the object anyways to get the fanart, I figured it would make more sense to just call phoenix at display time with the title.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I know I can string it together... the problem comes with getting the actual file name of the banner.. (or more importantly, choosing from the selection of banners.. not sure on studio's file i/o to even get the directory listing yet). My lack of studio skills far exceeds my severe lack of java skills...
not really... this is part of the malore menus, and the grouping is done separately from the display. The grouping creates basically a text array of the display names for the left pane. To use the3 original object, I will have to create my own array that stores the paths, associated with the display names, back when the groups are created, and reference that array when drawing the display. Since phoenix just uses the title that it gets from the object anyways to get the fanart, I figured it would make more sense to just call phoenix at display time with the title.
Chris I have a call in java I can send you that does what you are wanting by just passing the title you can get the fanart. As long as you know if it will be a movie or tv it will work. You know my email if you want it
Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean,

Thanks
Chris
Where there isn't an API call, all fanart calls pass through the following Java call.
sagex.phoenix.fanart.FanartUtil.getCentralFanartArtifact(MediaType mediaType, MediaArtifactType artifactType, String title, String centralFolder, Map<String,String> metadata) : File

mediaType is an enum in, sagex.phoenix.fanart.MediaType, and artifactType is an enum in sagex.phoenix.fanart.MediaArtifactType.

So, if you wanted the poster file for a given title, for a tv show, you'd use something like.

Code:
FanartUtil.getCentraFanartArtifact(MediaType.TV, MediaArtifactType.POSTER, title, centralFolder, null)
that would return a File, or null.

hte Map in the last parameter can hold, "SeasonNumber", if you know the specific season, and then it will attempt to get the fanart for a specific season.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Excellent. Thanks sean, I had figured as much, just didn't know if it'd be exposed or not. This should work for what I'm trying to do.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Noticed a little oddity but not sure that it needs to be fixed because not sure many import their directories as such and I think it is the intended way for it to work.

GetRelativePath returns the relative path based of the import directory I am guessing so sometimes same name folders get grouped together

example you have two directories

\\servershare\house\season 1\
\\servershare\friends\season 1\

when you add the import libraries to sage you map to season 1 instead of the base of "servershare or the base of "house". It will then group the season 1's together vs under friends and house respectively.

Now again I don't know many people that would map their directories like this but just wanted to point it out incase any with sagemc or phoenix does and notices this behavior.

Hopefully I explained that okay.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't understand and is this a phoenix api issue?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I don't understand and is this a phoenix api issue?
I am actually not sure need to check more not sure if it is a phoenix api issue or the way sagemc is using the call phoenix_api_GetReletivePath.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

If you have the same directory structure in multiple library import directories, they will be grouped together. This is by design.

So if your import path is \\servershare\, then your structure in SageMC will be

house\season1\
friends\season1\

If your import directories are

\\servershare\friends\
\\servershare\house\

then your structure in SageMC will be

season1\

containing all of the season1 episodes of Friends and House. Is this what you are seeing?

Obviously the first example is the recommended configuration.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-06-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
If you have the same directory structure in multiple library import directories, they will be grouped together. This is by design.

So if your import path is \\servershare\, then your structure in SageMC will be

house\season1\
friends\season1\

If your import directories are

\\servershare\friends\
\\servershare\house\

then your structure in SageMC will be

season1\

containing all of the season1 episodes of Friends and House. Is this what you are seeing?

Obviously the first example is the recommended configuration.

Aloha,
Mike
Yes exactly Mike ideally the first option is the recomended import configuration. Like I said didn't really know if it was a bug or intended design. I only caught it because i have a couple imported like that for testing situation.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was getting ready to install PluckyHD's Sage Movie Wall and noticed that it requires Phoenix API 1.44 or greater. I have BMT 3.1 and it comes with 1.43 and the download link for the Phoenix API is build 1.42. Can anyone tell me where to find 1.44?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Expert

Hello,

Check out the bottom of this post, it has the 1.44 zip file...
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38221

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

I like to put all my TV content in 1 folder. So it would be

\\share\videos\TV\Friends\*

where * is all the episodes, regardless of season. All episodes are under the Friends folder, can I get fanart to show up like this, or do I have to create the season folders? I'm using BMT so the season fanart folders were created, with posters, backgrounds, and banners in the central fanart folder, but they don't show up in SageMC.

I'm not sure what version of phoenix I'm using, the manifest says 1.0, so i'm not sure if this has changed in later versions or not.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflat View Post
I like to put all my TV content in 1 folder. So it would be

\\share\videos\TV\Friends\*

where * is all the episodes, regardless of season. All episodes are under the Friends folder, can I get fanart to show up like this, or do I have to create the season folders? I'm using BMT so the season fanart folders were created, with posters, backgrounds, and banners in the central fanart folder, but they don't show up in SageMC.

I'm not sure what version of phoenix I'm using, the manifest says 1.0, so i'm not sure if this has changed in later versions or not.
I don't think SAGEMC takes advantage of season fanart. I would look at TVE although I don't think v1.0 does either v2.0 should.

You shouldn't have to make individual season folders or at least I don't with TVE
Old 10-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

So SageMC can't use a central fanart location for TV shows?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

SageMC can handle the central fanart location. It just can't handle season specific fanart.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Not sure on that... I think the new versions of the Phoenix API return season specific fanart if they are available, so if SageMC is simply calling the phoenix API, it SHOULD work to get season art... really only one way to find out. Put in the newest Phoenix jar file, and give it a shot.