SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Upcoming Rec Schedule does NOT show what's scheduled for recording beyond 2-3 days

I am seeing a problem with 2.0.13 and have filed a bug report on this, but I wanted to check with you guys here to see if anyone else noticed this and if there is any known workaround.

I have a bunch of favorites programmed into SageTV so almost every evening I have something or other scheduled to record. I have three 250's in my Sage box, and it nicely shows what is going to be recorded on which tuner.

However, when I bring up the upcoming recording schedule, it only shows me what's going to be recorded in the next 2-3 days ... not any more than that.

Sage has the guide data just fine for the next two weeks or so AND if go to the live tv guide, it correctly puts a white border around all shows that are scheduled for recording for the entire two weeks !

I wasn't sure whether to trust the TV Guide or Upcoming Programming Schedule, so I went ahead and manually scheduled a few episodes from the TV guide and now they show up fine in the upcoming programming schedule !

Anyone else seen anything like this ?
Old 03-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

I thought that is always how it worked, even in v1.X...

Had guide data for two weeks, scheduled 3 days at a time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like it to schedule further out too.

Jason
Old 03-14-2004, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

That was my understanding too. Scheduled recording would only show up for the next 3 days.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:56 AM

I only schedules out the next 3 days for performance reason I believe.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

Performace reasons? I always thought it was in case the schedule changed and the guide was updated.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:15 AM

I think those two are related. The more guide changes going on the harder Sage has to work.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Why not have an option in the detailed setup for how many days to show scheduled recordings for. That way if somebody is using a really slow processor they can set it for 3 days. But, those of us with a faster processor who who would like see the data for a week or more can set it to 7 or 11. I think my XP 2400+ can handle the extra processing required.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:27 AM

There is a post in here where Narflex says that it used to be configurable in earlier versions but he eventually locked it to 3 days. Maybe a feature request to have it configurable again?
Old 03-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

You guys are obviously talking about Favorites. I regularly "manually" select programs to be recorded and they are shown in the "View Upcoming Recordings..." display if I scroll forward far enough.

Thanks for the reference to this 3 day heuristic for Favorites, however, as this explains my earlier "bug" about the Favorite only showing the next recording having a match in "View Upcoming Recordings...". It would be nice, however, that this display show all recordings which it currently can determine will be recorded. This 3-day scope seems to inject confusion.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the info guys ! I somehow thought this always worked for the full duration of guide availability, but sounds like I was mistaken.

It would be nice to have the number of days as a configurable option though.

edmc: I believe you are right. It was only the favorites that did not show up in upcoming rec schedule; the manually scheduled recordings show up just fine.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Administrator

IR scheduling also falls into the 'next 3 days' limit too; not just Favorites. Obviously, you can set a manual recording for any time over the 2 week EPG guide data.

The only thing I've wondered about & haven't played with for testing is: if there is a conflict in the next 3 days, does it see if the conflict can be resolved by looking more than 3 days out? I'm guessing not, due ot the 3 day limit... but I don't know for sure.

- Andy
Old 03-14-2004, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
The only thing I've wondered about & haven't played with for testing is: if there is a conflict in the next 3 days, does it see if the conflict can be resolved by looking more than 3 days out? I'm guessing not, due ot the 3 day limit... but I don't know for sure.

- Andy
Yes it does. In fact, right now I have an odd looking Favorite in my upcoming scheduled recordings for Friday which is due to a conflict on Tuesday.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Thanks -- good to know.

- Andy
Old 03-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

So the real problem I have with the IR & Favorites logic only looking forward 3 days is that it can't give me the opportunity to resolve conflicts to me preference more than 3 days out. I don't know about you, but I sometimes am away from my TV for longer than 3 days at a time - hard to believe :-)
Old 03-15-2004, 03:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I also think it would be nice to have an option in the properties file to adjust the amount of days that scheduling could be viewed
if it was a performance issue the default should definitely be 3 days
but in a year this will be a mute point and it will be asked for again
you should submit a request mention to default of 3 though