SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post
I have a plan to drop VLC in the version 0.9.6 of WFE (0.9.5 is immenient).
Just out of curiosity what are you planning on using instead of VLC

Dean.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Installation on Windows 7 went like a dream - just made sure I installed from an elevated command prompt.

Got KFOG playing OK though the stream did drop out a couple of times.

Let me know if you have similar issues with any other stations.

Michael
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Just out of curiosity what are you planning on using instead of VLC

Dean.
Hi Dean,

Long time no hear - are you still using WFE?

Not totally made up my mind but many of these things (VLC, SageTVTranscoder) are based on FFMPEG so I may SageTVTranscoder or just FFMPEG a shot.

Michael
Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry for not responding very promptly or fully to your issues - I am aware I'm not meeting my usual Quality of Service targets.

1. The wrong version of vlc - only version 0.9.8 or 0.9.9 work with this plugin. There is an outstanding ticket open on VLC but it does not look like they will ever fix it. I have a plan to drop VLC in the version 0.9.6 of WFE (0.9.5 is immenient).

Michael
Dont worry about the prompt response, I know this is just a side thing for all of you Sage developers. It looks like the issue was due to the version of VLC I had. I downloaded 0.9.9 and it worked like a charm. I'm not sure if I saw that requirement in the set up. Just a tip unless its already listed but you might want to express that more just to avoid with problems for future issues.

The only other issue which I hope will be solved by the next version not using VLC is that only the radiotime channels that are in the config utility itself work. If I add the ID from radiotime directly it will find all of the info but the test fails.

Is it possible to change the tmp location to another location as I am using WHS and the hard drive space for the default location is very small? Also I configured everything through RDP on the WHS and didn't need to use the server configuration way or connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Also how can I set it up so that the extenders can listen to different stations at the same time?
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD

Last edited by chrisc983; 01-07-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Is it possible to change the tmp location to another location as I am using WHS and the hard drive space for the default location is very small?
Figured this one out by installing the webfeedencoder on the drive that I wanted the tmp file to be. I had to redo the channels but other than that its working. I just need to figure out how to listen to different stations on different extenders at the same time.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Figured this one out by installing the webfeedencoder on the drive that I wanted the tmp file to be. I had to redo the channels but other than that its working. I just need to figure out how to listen to different stations on different extenders at the same time.
At the moment that is not supported.

The WFE behaves like one tuner. It its busy recording no one else can use it.

Having said that there is no reason why it cannot in future and several people have asked for this feature.

Michael
Old 01-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is the stutter issue resolved?

I've installed this on two sage installations. On one it is running great (as far as I Know) on the other it is stutter stutter stutter. Both machines are AMD Quad core (but as far as I know the one with stutter issues is a faster machine)

If it is fixed can someone kindly tell me what i might do to resolve it?

If it is *not* fixed, well I don't know if this will help but I also have a hava encoder. If my video renderer is set to default, and my dscaler is disabled a live recording will stutter... perhaps it's nothing but I was thinking they both recieve there data as streams from ethernet... so maybe it is something. the symptoms are exactly the same as the web encoder...
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzominator View Post
I've installed this on two sage installations. On one it is running great (as far as I Know) on the other it is stutter stutter stutter. Both machines are AMD Quad core (but as far as I know the one with stutter issues is a faster machine)

If it is fixed can someone kindly tell me what i might do to resolve it?

If it is *not* fixed, well I don't know if this will help but I also have a hava encoder. If my video renderer is set to default, and my dscaler is disabled a live recording will stutter... perhaps it's nothing but I was thinking they both recieve there data as streams from ethernet... so maybe it is something. the symptoms are exactly the same as the web encoder...
Hi the problem is not fixed.

Watching/listening on extenders works fine but some people have issues with playback on a PC.

Some have solved it using the formula detailed in this post:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=392824&highlight=registry#post392824

It doesn't seem to work for all.

That stuttering behaviour seems a common symptom. My video taken on a casio camera plays back like that on an HD200 but was fine on an MVP.

There are many factors that could affect the playback and produce this symptom.

Not been able to pin it down yet.

Michael
Old 01-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

A couple of questions

I've run into a couple of issues I'm hoping you can help me with.

#1) I'm trying to make the web feed from my Axis IP camera available. I have set it up as follows:

webfeed.JPG

I can use the RTSP url as you see in the attachment directly in VLC (vers .99) itself, and it plays fine. When I try to view it as a channel in Sage, I don't get a picture. Any thoughts?

#2) I have the Slimplayer 2.0 STVi in SageMC installed on my server. It was using channel 1. When I installed webfeedencoder, it asked me what channel I wanted to start at, I told it 10. After I created my webcam channel and sent it to Sage, it somehow mowed down my Slimplayer channel. Channel 1 was gone but now 10 was there, although when you look at it in webfeedencoder it has a "1" next to it... Any thoughts there?

Not the end of the world as I am going to have to add all my imports again when I go to SageMC b23 and I can probably straighten out the Sage.Properties file again for the SlimPlayer encoder, but any thoughts on what happened so I can keep the two of them from stepping on each other again when I install them? Tnx.

- Steve
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
#1) I'm trying to make the web feed from my Axis IP camera available. I have set it up as follows:
Hi,

Attachment 9587

I can use the RTSP url as you see in the attachment directly in VLC (vers .99) itself, and it plays fine. When I try to view it as a channel in Sage, I don't get a picture. Any thoughts?
Sometimes worth checking before you tune to the channel that there are no rogue VLC sessions running. Kill any your see. Sometimes that hang around despite being told to quit.

Sometimes restarting the encoder after adding a new channel can help. It should not need it but I have noticed sometimes.

Otherwise could you try the Test button on the channel dialog and paste me the content of the three logs.

The dialog should show the size of the mpg file growing. If it has size you can also trying playing the mpg file in VLC.

If it plays in VLC then SageTV has a problem with the file. You may find answers in the SageTV logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
#2) I have the Slimplayer 2.0 STVi in SageMC installed on my server. It was using channel 1. When I installed webfeedencoder, it asked me what channel I wanted to start at, I told it 10. After I created my webcam channel and sent it to Sage, it somehow mowed down my Slimplayer channel. Channel 1 was gone but now 10 was there, although when you look at it in webfeedencoder it has a "1" next to it... Any thoughts there?

Not the end of the world as I am going to have to add all my imports again when I go to SageMC b23 and I can probably straighten out the Sage.Properties file again for the SlimPlayer encoder, but any thoughts on what happened so I can keep the two of them from stepping on each other again when I install them? Tnx.
In the WFE config tool its shows the physical channel number rather than the logical which should start from 10.

Does the webcam channel in SageTV show listed as 10? You should be able to see than in the guide or if not in setup video sources.

I'm not overly familar with Slimplayer.

Does slimplayer setup a channel lineup? Does it involve setting up a source?

Michael
Old 01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sometimes worth checking before you tune to the channel that there are no rogue VLC sessions running. Kill any your see. Sometimes that hang around despite being told to quit.

Sometimes restarting the encoder after adding a new channel can help. It should not need it but I have noticed sometimes.

Otherwise could you try the Test button on the channel dialog and paste me the content of the three logs.

The dialog should show the size of the mpg file growing. If it has size you can also trying playing the mpg file in VLC.

If it plays in VLC then SageTV has a problem with the file. You may find answers in the SageTV logs.

In the WFE config tool its shows the physical channel number rather than the logical which should start from 10.

Does the webcam channel in SageTV show listed as 10? You should be able to see than in the guide or if not in setup video sources.

I'm not overly familar with Slimplayer.

Does slimplayer setup a channel lineup? Does it involve setting up a source?

Michael
I'll try your suggestions re: #1

As for the SlimPlayer plugin, it uses SGraphrecorder. Part if the install has you paste this into the sage.properties file:

1 extract slimplayer-UNE.zip into c:\program files\slimplayer (INSTALLING INTO A DIFFERENT FOLDER WILL NOT WORK)
2 start SGraphRecoder.exe
3 Open up debug window by right clicking on debug option on SGraphRecorder icon in tray - choose show debug info
4 paste the following lines to sagetv.properties
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/available_channels=
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/brightness=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/contrast=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/device_name=
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/hue=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/last_channel=1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/provider_id=-3596849198445690880
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/saturation=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/sharpness=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/tuning_mode=Cable
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/tuning_plugin=
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/tuning_plugin_port=0
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/video_crossbar_index=0
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/video_crossbar_type=1
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/available_channels=
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/brightness=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/contrast=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/device_name=
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/hue=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/last_channel=1
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/provider_id=-3596849198445690883
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/saturation=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/sharpness=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/tuning_mode=
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/tuning_plugin=
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/tuning_plugin_port=0
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/video_crossbar_index=3
mmc/encoders/123/1/3/video_crossbar_type=1
mmc/encoders/123/audio_capture_device_name=
mmc/encoders/123/broadcast_standard=
mmc/encoders/123/capture_config=2050
mmc/encoders/123/default_device_quality=
mmc/encoders/123/device_class=
mmc/encoders/123/encoder_merit=0
mmc/encoders/123/encoding_host=localhost\:6969
mmc/encoders/123/encoding_host_login_md5=
mmc/encoders/123/forced_video_storage_path_prefix=
mmc/encoders/123/last_cross_index=0
mmc/encoders/123/last_cross_type=1
mmc/encoders/123/live_audio_input=
mmc/encoders/123/multicast_host=
mmc/encoders/123/never_stop_encoding=false
mmc/encoders/123/video_capture_device_name=Slimplayer
mmc/encoders/123/video_capture_device_num=0
mmc/encoders/123/video_encoding_params=Great

Link for it is:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=slimplayer

Not sure how they stepped on each other yet....

Tnx
-Steve
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

The WFE uses 123 as well.

We must have copied from the same place.

I'll have to make that configurable.

Trying making one of the two something other than 123.

Don't think is really uses as a cross reference to anything - its just a unique reference.

Michael
Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Example of what WFE installs:

mmc/encoders/123/1/0/brightness=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/contrast=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/device_name=
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/hue=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/last_channel=1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/provider_id=9999
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/saturation=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/sharpness=-1
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/tuning_mode=Cable
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/tuning_plugin=
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/tuning_plugin_port=0
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/video_crossbar_index=0
mmc/encoders/123/1/0/video_crossbar_type=1
mmc/encoders/123/audio_capture_device_name=
mmc/encoders/123/broadcast_standard=
mmc/encoders/123/capture_config=2050
mmc/encoders/123/default_device_quality=
mmc/encoders/123/delay_to_wait_after_tuning=0
mmc/encoders/123/device_class=
mmc/encoders/123/encoder_merit=0
mmc/encoders/123/encoding_host=localhost\:5000
mmc/encoders/123/encoding_host_login_md5=
mmc/encoders/123/forced_video_storage_path_prefix=
mmc/encoders/123/last_cross_index=0
mmc/encoders/123/last_cross_type=1
mmc/encoders/123/live_audio_input=
mmc/encoders/123/multicast_host=
mmc/encoders/123/never_stop_encoding=false
mmc/encoders/123/video_capture_device_name=WebFeedEncoder
mmc/encoders/123/video_capture_device_num=0
mmc/encoders/123/video_encoding_params=Great

The important bits are:

mmc/encoders/123/encoding_host=localhost\:5000
mmc/encoders/123/video_capture_device_name=WebFeedEncoder

where the 5000 is the port chosen at WFE install time.

Michael
Old 01-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The WFE uses 123 as well.

We must have copied from the same place.

I'll have to make that configurable.

Trying making one of the two something other than 123.

Don't think is really uses as a cross reference to anything - its just a unique reference.

Michael
Well I guess that would do it...

Righto, I've since uninstalled WFE and fixed my Slimplayer based on what appears to be a backup of my Sage.Properties file that your installer created (thanks for that by the way).

I'll give the WFE install another go tomorrow and attempt to separate to two encoder #s.

-Steve

Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are their any tips on finding the station ID that works. So far any station ID that I get that isn't listed in the configuration page of WFE won't work. Is their another location to find the correct station ID. I have so far been getting them from going to radiotime.com. Finding the station I want and getting the station ID from the URL. But all of the ones I do this way don't work.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Are their any tips on finding the station ID that works. So far any station ID that I get that isn't listed in the configuration page of WFE won't work. Is their another location to find the correct station ID. I have so far been getting them from going to radiotime.com. Finding the station I want and getting the station ID from the URL. But all of the ones I do this way don't work.
Hi,

The way to do it is:

1. Add channel.
2. Change type to Radio (Radiotime)
3. Press the find button
4. You should see the tree of station categories
5. Expand down until you find the one you want.
6. Select it and click ok.
7. All the channel details should prefill.
8. Click Add

Or at step 3 can just enter the s9999 like number into the id field instead.

When you click or move out of it other fields we pre-fill.

You should end up with a tuning URL like this:

http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s8439

I have found that most work - but some that require special players do not.

Where they do require special players I tend to search for alternate tuning URLs on the internet - I usually find them.

I will try out the stations you want if you provide me with details.

Michael
Old 01-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

-these are some of the stations I tried adding but with no luck:
http://radiotime.com/station/s_26656/Wild_949.aspx
http://radiotime.com/station/s_33995/KMEL_1061.aspx
http://radiotime.com/station/s_32710/MOViN_997.aspx

What/how do you search for th alternate ones.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Chris,

Finally got a chance to try out one of your stations MOvin997.

Its of the type where the radiotime tuning URL launches a flash player in the browser. VLC cannot play these but with a bit of googling you can usually find a stream.

I managed to find one within a few minutes by googling MOvin997 and "stream":

http://www.realradios.com/stream/lis...8?rrz=xv2QSizQ

Using the config tool replace the channel tuning URL with this one and try again.

I imagine you may have similar experiences with the other stations.

I have prepared this FAQ entry in the user guide of the next release:

10. Some of the channels from radiotime/allinternettv do not work

For many of the TV and radio channel the tuning URL provided from these “seed” data sources is a simple stream and works fine.

For many of them the tuning URL resolves to some custom “Flash” player which itself knows the URL of the stream.

Sometimes this stream URL is public and you can find it from options available from the flash player e.g. right click.

Sometimes the stream URL is not public. In this case a few minutes with google searching with the station name and the word “stream” can often reveal a stream URL that can be used by other media players.

If you are really desperate and no URL can be found via search it is possible to snoop the outgoing HTTP traffic for URLs in orders to locate the URL of the stream. You will need to install a tool that can do this e.g. URLSnooper2.

Once you have your stream URL you can edit your webfeedencoder channel and replace the existing radiotime/allinternet tuning URL with the one you have found.

Michael
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Version 0.9.5 released

I strongly suggest users upgrade.

(Well I would wouldn't I)

Seriously though there is a lot fixed in this release and product quality is definitely much improved thanks to some serious testing from mikeg.

Michael
Old 01-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Michael,

Trying to install your new version, but every time I get to the point where it wants to update Sage.Properties, it fails saying that Sage is still running. I can guarantee it isn't. I tried starting up and shutting down Sage a few times, but the installer keeps insisting that Sage is still running.

Any ideas?

-S

Tags
extender, internet video streaming, mvp, online videos, radio