SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

The installer is trying to update Sage.properties and deliver wfesageplugin.jar to JARs directory.

Something must have those files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Michael,

Trying to install your new version, but every time I get to the point where it wants to update Sage.Properties, it fails saying that Sage is still running. I can guarantee it isn't. I tried starting up and shutting down Sage a few times, but the installer keeps insisting that Sage is still running.

Any ideas?

-S
Old 01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm.. Well, I guess I'll give the server a reboot then, cuz it ain't Sage holding them open....

Tnx!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for this plugin!

Right now im trying to setup a directshow filter that connects to a IP cam, however i need to configure the filter for ip and port. I can build up the graph and it plays fine using graphedit, but it wont play thru the plugin. The dshow filter im using is one that is bundled with webcam7 (previously named webcamXP). Any idea how could I set these parameters on your plugin??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW
#1) I'm trying to make the web feed from my Axis IP camera available. I have set it up as follows:

webfeed.JPG

I can use the RTSP url as you see in the attachment directly in VLC (vers .99) itself, and it plays fine. When I try to view it as a channel in Sage, I don't get a picture. Any thoughts?
Actually I tried the rtsp route too, and i experienced the same issue as you, and i checked the.mpg on my sagetv recording dir and it is saving the video correctly

Last edited by Jabroni; 01-20-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hmmm.. Well, I guess I'll give the server a reboot then, cuz it ain't Sage holding them open....
In my experience sometimes windows explorer and outlook and keep file handles open long after you have finished with a file.

I use a beefed up, free, and wildly used alternative to windows task manager called Process Explorer:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx

With it you can type in a file and it will tell you which process has the file handle open.

My other thought on this issue is that its a file permissioning issue. Do make sure you are installing as administrator or with an elevated command prompt. Otherwise all manner of strange things happen.

Michael
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Thanks for this plugin!

Right now im trying to setup a directshow filter that connects to a IP cam, however i need to configure the filter for ip and port. I can build up the graph and it plays fine using graphedit, but it wont play thru the plugin. The dshow filter im using is one that is bundled with webcam7 (previously named webcamXP). Any idea how could I set these parameters on your plugin??

Actually I tried the rtsp route too, and i experienced the same issue as you, and i checked the.mpg on my sagetv recording dir and it is saving the video correctly
Can you explain a bit more what you are doing.

VLC can open directshow devices directly and transcode to mpeg. When you add the channel in the config tool are you selecting type of "Device" and then pressing the "Find" button. Do you then see your device listed. It should produce a URL like this:

dshow:// --dshow-vdev="Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX"

Does this technique produce a working mpeg file in the recording directory but just not one that SageTV will play?

It is possible to configure webfeedencoder to use a different tuning command scripts and this can reference any property you invent in your channel properties file and call out to anything. For example the existing device tuning command script is:

Code:
Exec cmd /c start "streamAsVideoCommand" "%vlc.exe%" %url% --sout="#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=4000,fps=30,scale=1,width=720,height=576,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst='%recording%'}}" --sout-transcode-audio-sync -I rc --rc-host=localhost:%streamAsVideoCommandPort% --rc-quiet %vlclogging%
where the %blah% bits are refering to properties defined in the encoder.props, channel type props and channel props.

Michael
Old 01-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post
Can you explain a bit more what you are doing.

VLC can open directshow devices directly and transcode to mpeg. When you add the channel in the config tool are you selecting type of "Device" and then pressing the "Find" button. Do you then see your device listed. It should produce a URL like this:

dshow:// --dshow-vdev="Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX"

Does this technique produce a working mpeg file in the recording directory but just not one that SageTV will play?

It is possible to configure webfeedencoder to use a different tuning command scripts and this can reference any property you invent in your channel properties file and call out to anything. For example the existing device tuning command script is:

Code:
Exec cmd /c start "streamAsVideoCommand" "%vlc.exe%" %url% --sout="#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=4000,fps=30,scale=1,width=720,height=576,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst='%recording%'}}" --sout-transcode-audio-sync -I rc --rc-host=localhost:%streamAsVideoCommandPort% --rc-quiet %vlclogging%
where the %blah% bits are refering to properties defined in the encoder.props, channel type props and channel props.

Michael

Ok for the RTSP, on vlc first i tested if I could connect, and it worked rtps://iport/code (on a linksys camera) video showed up on vlc with no probs. Then i tried configuring it on the webfeed encoder. I tuned to the channel on the sagetv, video doesnt load, however if I check my sagetv recording a .mpg file is being written. I can play that fine and it does contain the video of the camera, however in the sage interface it doesnt never show the video and it gets stuck on a black screen.

For the directshow, I tried the same thing, on vlc load the directshow device, clicked the setup filter option, configured the ip of the camera. If i check the advanced options on vlc, i can see what dshow:// its invoking. Video plays fine on vlc. Now for the webfeeder, i selected the device, copy pasted the dshow:// path I had on vlc. On the sagetv interface when I try to tune in, same as with rtsp, video doesnt play. but there is another issue using this method, if I check the mpg it creates it tries to connect to http://127.0.0.1 for the ip camera, with no way to configure an ip for it. Or is there an alternative for me to configure the ip on the filter properties?

Old 01-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Ok for the RTSP, on vlc first i tested if I could connect, and it worked rtps://iport/code (on a linksys camera) video showed up on vlc with no probs. Then i tried configuring it on the webfeed encoder. I tuned to the channel on the sagetv, video doesnt load, however if I check my sagetv recording a .mpg file is being written. I can play that fine and it does contain the video of the camera, however in the sage interface it doesnt never show the video and it gets stuck on a black screen.
This technique does sound most promising. The fact that it is actually creating a usable video is nice. Why SageTV cannot play it. Really need to turn on some logging in SageTV and find out why. Is it possible to make you camera available on the internet so I can have a go? Not ready to buy my own yet but I am getting readier everytime I get a WFE post about the subject.

Quote:
For the directshow, I tried the same thing, on vlc load the directshow device, clicked the setup filter option, configured the ip of the camera. If i check the advanced options on vlc, i can see what dshow:// its invoking. Video plays fine on vlc. Now for the webfeeder, i selected the device, copy pasted the dshow:// path I had on vlc.
I'm not totally familar with directshow. The camera is an ip camera - has its own address. But you are able to view it as a direct show device on the PC.

Is this the same PC has web feed encoder runs on?

Quote:
On the sagetv interface when I try to tune in, same as with rtsp, video doesnt play. but there is another issue using this method, if I check the mpg it creates it tries to connect to http://127.0.0.1 for the ip camera, with no way to configure an ip for it. Or is there an alternative for me to configure the ip on the filter properties?
When you check the mpg is tries to connect? Confused what do you mean by check?

Can you paste me the tuning URL you use with this method please.

It would be great to work out the formula to get this right. I love this to be another thing that WFE can do.

Michael
Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This technique does sound most promising. The fact that it is actually creating a usable video is nice. Why SageTV cannot play it. Really need to turn on some logging in SageTV and find out why. Is it possible to make you camera available on the internet so I can have a go? Not ready to buy my own yet but I am getting readier everytime I get a WFE post about the subject.

I'm not totally familar with directshow. The camera is an ip camera - has its own address. But you are able to view it as a direct show device on the PC.

Is this the same PC has web feed encoder runs on?

When you check the mpg is tries to connect? Confused what do you mean by check?

Can you paste me the tuning URL you use with this method please.

It would be great to work out the formula to get this right. I love this to be another thing that WFE can do.

Michael
This is basically the same thing I had happen with my Axis web camera.... Using RTSP, but just a blank picture when I connect thru WFE, but can view it fine as RTSP in VLC...
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
This is basically the same thing I had happen with my Axis web camera.... Using RTSP, but just a blank picture when I connect thru WFE, but can view it fine as RTSP in VLC...
I had a go connecting to Jabronis camera using RTSP at the weekend - nice view of a sofa and TV :-)

I notice that it is mpeg4 underneath.

I have noticed that VLC transcoding mpeg4 into mpeg2 in web feed encoder produces a file that can only be played when the streaming is finished. You cannot start playing it while it is still recording.

Not sure why that is - I'm sure somebody out there knows why...

Michael
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I had a go connecting to Jabronis camera using RTSP at the weekend - nice view of a sofa and TV :-)

I notice that it is mpeg4 underneath.

I have noticed that VLC transcoding mpeg4 into mpeg2 in web feed encoder produces a file that can only be played when the streaming is finished. You cannot start playing it while it is still recording.

Not sure why that is - I'm sure somebody out there knows why...

Michael

So... Anyone out there know why?

Old 01-28-2010, 01:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
So... Anyone out there know why?
Well I've tried asking on the VLC forums.

The hint I got there was that mp4 video is not "progressive".

You have to download and transcode the whole file. You cannot start playing while you are downloading.

Think of SageTV online services where most things it insists on downloading the whole file before playing while some other things seem to start playing straight away.

So currently I'm searching the internet for any magic formula for converting mjpeg to mpeg progressively and investigating other options like directshow filters.

Michael
Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Fixed the stutter when watching on the server PC

Hi,

I've sussed the stutter issue when viewing on the server PC.

In the command files for example on windows:

tune.tv.windows.commands

and

tune.radio.windows.commands

change the text:

vb=4000

to

vb=800

A fix for the other issue of not supporting the latest VLC is also not long away....

Michael
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Sage User

Remote Configtool - What I'm I Doing Wrong?

• Copied the configtool.jar file to the remote pc - check.
  • Opened ports 1099 and 1100 on the pc running SageTV - check
  • Launch the configtool by typing java -jar configtool.jar <host name> - check
  • Screen comes up with a green indicator for Sage but a red indicator for Webfeedencoder
  • Configtool will run on the local machine
  • See screen shot from remote pc
What am I doing wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (34.7 KB, 248 views)
Old 02-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlldrl View Post
  • Copied the configtool.jar file to the remote pc - check.
  • Opened ports 1099 and 1100 on the pc running SageTV - check
  • Launch the configtool by typing java -jar configtool.jar <host name> - check
  • Screen comes up with a green indicator for Sage but a red indicator for Webfeedencoder
  • Configtool will run on the local machine
  • See screen shot from remote pc
What am I doing wrong?
Hi,

Sounds like you have done everything - perhaps the webfeedencoder is dying shortly after startup or is not managing to set itself up as a server on port 1099.

Can you send me logs/encoder.log from the server PC and logs/configtool.log from the client PC and I will investigate.

Regards,

Michael
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Sage User

Remote Configtool

Michael,

I tried the configtool with the firewall turned off and it worked fine so it has something to do with the firewall. Are there any other Windows firewall settings I need besides ports 1099 and 1100? I have the log files if you still need them.

M
Old 02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage User

Remote Configtool - Got it working

Followed your suggestion about firewall logs and discovered that it was trying to use tcp ports 1028 and 1038 in addition to 1099 and 1100. However, after a reboot it wouldn't connect and the logs then showed two other ports (1032 and 1040) so there must be a range of ports that it's looking for. So yes, it's working but I'm sure I'll have to open more ports as I discover them.

M
Old 02-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well I've tried asking on the VLC forums.

The hint I got there was that mp4 video is not "progressive".

You have to download and transcode the whole file. You cannot start playing while you are downloading.

Think of SageTV online services where most things it insists on downloading the whole file before playing while some other things seem to start playing straight away.

So currently I'm searching the internet for any magic formula for converting mjpeg to mpeg progressively and investigating other options like directshow filters.

Michael
Hmm, I don't understand that. If I can watch it live as an MPEG-4 in quicktime in a browser, why not in VLC in Webfeedencoder? I can load it up in VLC by itself and watch it just fine. I must be missing something....

I know you were talking about moving away from using VLC in WFE. Maybe I'll try it again then.

Tnx.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

VLC can play a live mpeg-4 stream also.

The problem is that SageTV will not play the live stream.

As for a replacement for VLC - not getting very far with that - all the candidates are missing something. VLC seems to add so much value.

I'm considering now actually getting involved in the VLC development and fixing the bug thats preventing me moving to later versions.

Michael
Old 02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
VLC can play a live mpeg-4 stream also.

The problem is that SageTV will not play the live stream.

As for a replacement for VLC - not getting very far with that - all the candidates are missing something. VLC seems to add so much value.

I'm considering now actually getting involved in the VLC development and fixing the bug thats preventing me moving to later versions.

Michael
I hear you now. Not so much a VLC issue as a SageTVplayer issue. Righton. Maybe I'll poke support about that question...

As for joining VLC Dev group, I guess maybe the term "if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself" may end up applying there, eh?

Thanks again Michael. I'm sure you'd be an asset if you did join the development crew on that!

-S

Old 02-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Snowboarding for a week now so you probably won't get support for a while...

Tags
extender, internet video streaming, mvp, online videos, radio