SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation Announcement: Web Radio Encoder version 0.9.1 released

Web Radio Encoder version 0.9.1

New features
  1. Service wrapper for windows
  2. Quick start channel config - use the www.radiotime.com station id to provide all properties needed for basic channel use
  3. More easily user sharable channel config by concentrating custom channel config in a channel properties file

Plus numerous bug fixes.

First time installation

unzip the file in a location of your choice and follow the instructions provided.

Upgrade from 0.9.0
  1. rename your existing directory
  2. unzip the file in a location of your choice.
  3. copy your existing webfeedencoder\config\tuning.props, webfeedencoder\config\encoder.props, webeggrabber\config\lineup.props into the config directory
  4. java -jar <your install directory>\libs\upgrade.jar
  5. copy your current webepggrabber\webfeed_epg.xml into the webfeedencoder\guidedata\
  6. Using the XMLTV importer - edit the location of the XMLTV file from webepggrabber to webfeedencoder
  7. Using the XMLTV importer - if scheduled grabbing is used edit the grabber executable location from webepggrabber to webfeedencoder
Old 04-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just been testing the new update and so far so good.

Running as a service is a good addition and the new way to add channels is a lot easier than before.

Just a few problems I came across.

Channel.Offset seems to be broken. I have my channels starting at 901 and if I set the offset to 900 the nothing happens. As in will not pull down icons so unable to tune channels. The same happens if you set channel.901.id=BBCROne then that channel will not work or download its icon. Worked no problem before.

Another problem I came across, but not sure if this is my doing. For channels like BBC Radio1 that have their own porps file. When you start the service it will make a porps file in the channels folder. This porps file only has the callsign and id. I had to manually copy the props file from the sample folder to work. Just a little confusing to start with. Is this by design to work this way?

Other than that working very well. Just need to add more stations and test more.

Thanks once again.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Channel.Offset seems to be broken. I have my channels starting at 901 and if I set the offset to 900 the nothing happens. As in will not pull down icons so unable to tune channels. The same happens if you set channel.901.id=BBCROne then that channel will not work or download its icon. Worked no problem before.
I think 900 is a bit too large to work as channel.901.id and I guess may have problems as an offset now.

Not sure I'd bargained for that. I will have to test and fix.

Quote:
Another problem I came across, but not sure if this is my doing. For channels like BBC Radio1 that have their own props file. When you start the service it will make a porps file in the channels folder. This props file only has the callsign and id. I had to manually copy the props file from the sample folder to work. Just a little confusing to start with. Is this by design to work this way?
There a are two ways of specifying channels in the lineup.
  1. Specify a radiotime station id. This will create a s_99999.props file in the tmp directory with properties from radiotime and will created a properties file in the channels dir with just callsign and id. The idea is that you can then add overrides to that. In my samples I've had to do that with a couple of stations where the radiotime URL did not work.
  2. The other way is to refer to a channel props file directory e.g. channel.1.id=BBCROne picks up from channels/BBCROne.props. This way there is no set of defaults from radiotime and the props file has to have complete configuration.

Sounds like you have changed the lineup for BBC Radio 1 to a radiotime id. For the BBC channels as there is complete config and its way better than radiotime.

Copying in again from the sample is the right solution here as it overrides everything.

Thanks very much for testing will investigate problems this weekend.

Mchael
Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Finally biting the bullet and trying to run. First the setup:

Linux, 64 bit
VLC, 64 bit
Java 1.6.0_13, 64-bit

Tried to launch the JAR and receive:

Quote:
[sagetv@sagetv-server webfeedencoder]$ ./start_encoder
Apr 10, 2009 6:34:00 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.logger.LoggingManager getLogger WARNING: Could not log to file
Apr 10, 2009 6:34:00 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.Encoder main INFO: Web feed network encoder starting
Apr 10, 2009 6:34:00 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.EncoderProperties loadFile INFO: Cannot find properties file encoder.props
I am executing using the following:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

PATH=/opt/jre1.6.0_13-64/bin:$PATH
export PATH

java -jar /opt/sagetv/webfeedencoder/libs/encoder.jar
I am assuming it is a pathing issue. As I am not familiar with Java programming, I am assuming there is something which must be done to work with the path differences. I would imagine Stuckless' add-ons would be a good source for code samples as he runs Linux and many users are on Windows.

Are there command line settings I can use with the jar?

TIA

B
Old 04-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

This one had me confused for a while....

The download page still has a link to the webepggrabber. I was at work the last time I tried this, so had to download everything from scratch. Once I downloaded the latest webfeedencoder I realised you'd packaged them both into the same download.

I was going to put the channel numbers around the 900 mark too as I have my channels stepped up to 800 incase I want to put some extra ones in without having to make many changes. I played safe and kept the offset to 0 as I'm only using Radio 2 and Radio 4.

I had to copy the channel files from the sample folder to get the 2 channels to work - I'm glad I read this thread first.

One thing to note when using the encoder as a service is to run it manually from the command line first so that you can hit the 'unblock' button in the firewall. After that the service works fine.

I also forgot to install VLC - that doesn't help either

But in the end its working fine. I've only tested on the MVP so far.

Thanks for all your work

One last thought - I was thinking of using SJQ to process the mpg file once its finished recording to extract the audio into an MP3 so I can play it in the car. I've used AoA Audio Extractor in the past but I don't think it works from the command line. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Just been testing the new update and so far so good.

Running as a service is a good addition and the new way to add channels is a lot easier than before.

Just a few problems I came across.

Another problem I came across, but not sure if this is my doing. For channels like BBC Radio1 that have their own porps file. When you start the service it will make a porps file in the channels folder. This porps file only has the callsign and id. I had to manually copy the props file from the sample folder to work. Just a little confusing to start with. Is this by design to work this way?

Other than that working very well. Just need to add more stations and test more.

Thanks once again.
Yeah there is a problem with the channel offset and icon files.

Will prepare a new release of

1. the encoder.jar
2. the sample channels

as soon as I can.

Michael
Old 04-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Finally biting the bullet and trying to run.
Hi,

I don't have a linux box at the mo so its not tested.

Plus I know the VLC command line args are different.

I do use the correct platform indepedent file name construction so it should work but clearly doesn't.

You will have more pain that windows users but we will get there.

I'll take a look.

Michael
You may

Last edited by michaeldjcox; 04-10-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
One last thought - I was thinking of using SJQ to process the mpg file once its finished recording to extract the audio into an MP3 so I can play it in the car. I've used AoA Audio Extractor in the past but I don't think it works from the command line. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
Hi glad you are having some success.

The encoder does save to mp3 first in the temp directory

it does get cleared up pretty quick afterwards though.

But I guess we could do something about that.

Michael
Old 04-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post
Hi glad you are having some success.

The encoder does save to mp3 first in the temp directory

it does get cleared up pretty quick afterwards though.

But I guess we could do something about that.

Michael
I created a job in SJQ that calls a batch file that contains

"c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\sagetvplayer" -dumpaudio %1 -dumpfile %1.mp3

it extracts the MP3 in seconds, so I don't know if you need to do anything or not.

The programs I'd probably copy off would be a minority so I could use the SJQ to explicitally select shows I want, rather than MP3'ing them all.

I installed SJQ last week. Its a great utility but at the time I couldn't think of a specific use for it. One day I'll stop tinkering with this damn pc!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation Announcement: Web Radio Encoder version 0.9.2 released

Web Radio Encoder version 0.9.2

Containing bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug where images did not get downloaded when a channel offset is in force.
  • Fixed bug where an empty channel properties file is always created when an unknown id is used in the channel lineup.
  • Changed sample channels callsigns to be in agreement with radio and hence also renamed them.
  • Added some debug and a possible fix to the properties file not found message in linux.

First time installation

unzip the file to a location of your choice and follow the instructions provided.

Upgrade from 0.9.0

Follow the instructions earlier in this thread to upgrade to 0.9.1 first. Then follow the instructions below

Upgrade from 0.9.1
  • Shutdown the webfeedencoder
  • Delete the contents of cache directory
  • Delete the radio channel related logos from SageTV channels logs.
  • Delete the contents of channels/samples
  • Unzip the attached zip file to the directory above webfeedencoder directory.
If you are using any of the sample channels then I recommend you take the following optional steps:
  • delete the existing one you copied into the channels directory and copy the new (slightly differently named one in).
  • If your lineup contains a radiotime id for this channel no change is required if not you need to change the callsign type e.g. BBCROne to the new callsign BBCR1 (also the name of the new channel props file)
  • Run the grabber to get the latest EPG.
  • You then need to change the callsign in your XMLTV channel lineup to reflect these changes.
  • Import the latest XMLTV listing to sagetv.

The above is just to keep a consistent relationship between the sample channels and their radiotime equivalent.

Sorry for all this messing about - I think I have it right this time.

Finally restart the webfeedencoder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip patch_0_9_1_to_0_9_2.zip (42.5 KB, 915 views)

Last edited by michaeldjcox; 04-10-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Tried to launch the JAR and receive...

..I am executing using the following:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

PATH=/opt/jre1.6.0_13-64/bin:$PATH
export PATH

java -jar /opt/sagetv/webfeedencoder/libs/encoder.jar
You are running it correctly.

I suspect the code that works out where the jar file is installed (and then works out where logs and properties should be from that) might not work on linux.

I have put a possible fix in the latest release plus some extra debug if that doesn't work. Send me the encoder.log if it fails please.

I'm really keen to get this to work for you and other linux users so I hope you can stomach a bit of messing about till it works.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
./start_encoder
Apr 10, 2009 6:21:44 PM main uk.co.mdjcox.logger.LoggingManager getLogger WARNING: Could not log to file
Apr 10, 2009 6:21:44 PM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.Encoder main INFO: Web feed network encoder starting
Apr 10, 2009 6:21:44 PM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.EncoderProperties loadFile INFO: Cannot find properties file opt/sagetv/webfeedencoder//config/encoder.props
Better, and the fix needs to be applied to logging too.

Thanks!

B
Old 04-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Better, and the fix needs to be applied to logging too.

Thanks!

B
Looks to me like I just need to add a '/' to the front of the path if its linux.

2moro that will be - wife giving me dark looks
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

you also have an extra "/" in the path too.

I'll look for it tomorrow.

B
Old 04-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
you also have an extra "/" in the path too.

I'll look for it tomorrow.

B
Stop the encoder.

Replace your encoder.jar with this inside the zip file

Start the encoder.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards.

Michael
Attached Files
File Type: zip encoder.zip (32.4 KB, 800 views)

Last edited by michaeldjcox; 04-11-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

We have a pathing issue to the icons folder:

Quote:
Apr 11, 2009 5:53:20 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.ServerThread cacheImage SEVERE: Failed to copy image to sage
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/sagetv/server/SageTV/ChannelLogos/WGTS.png ( No such file or directory)
I am attaching the encoder.props file for reference. You should remove "SageTV/" from the path.

B
Attached Files
File Type: txt encoder.props.txt (3.5 KB, 952 views)
Old 04-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Guess the paths look different on linux

Try this one...

Michael
Attached Files
File Type: zip encoder.zip (32.5 KB, 837 views)
Old 04-11-2009, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, we have success! There is an issue again with the "//" in the path though:
Quote:
Apr 11, 2009 7:24:19 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.ServerThread cacheImage INFO: Converting png to jpg
Apr 11, 2009 7:24:19 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.ServerThread cacheImage INFO: Scaling image /opt/sagetv/server/ChannelLogos//WGTS.jpg
Apr 11, 2009 7:24:20 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.ServerThread cacheImage INFO: Scaling image: Renamed /opt/sagetv/server/ChannelLogos/WGTS.jpg to /opt/sagetv/server/ChannelLogos/WGTS.jpg.old trying again
Apr 11, 2009 7:24:20 AM main uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.ServerThread cacheImage INFO: Overlaying image /opt/sagetv/server/ChannelLogos//WGTS.jpg
From here I assume I need to restart SageTV and then work on the command line. Is the props file read at every encode or just at startup?

B
Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Props file is read at startup only.

The last line of the log should say "Listening for connections on port xxx"

If you have configured sage properties for the encoder and added the encoder as a source in source setup you should start seeing NOOP requests from sagetv.

Hope that helps.

Michael
Old 04-11-2009, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

It does. I figured out the props file bit already. I will have to make changes and wait until I can shut down SageTV and the encoder to do so. I am assuming, although it has been a while, that I can't kill the encoder and restart without restarting SageTV.

B

Tags
extender, internet video streaming, mvp, online videos, radio