SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

SageMC questions including FanArt support ?'s

Ok so I was asking the my questions about MC in the wrong forum so I am going to ask some basic questions and all here if no one minds.

I installed the latest MC by copying all the files over. Here are a couple of my questions:

1. Is there a way to push out MC to the extenders from the server or make it the default when an extender adds on or does each extender need to be configured? I.e. Is there central management of extender / client configuration? I want my central server to retain the default installation since I am not using a remote and going back with a mouse and keyboard seems cumbersome if not impossible.

2. I downloaded the latest full build and copied it over to my sage directories. Big Gerr was pointing me to the latest XML file for SageMC which I have downloaded and copied in to the directory with the other XML files. Do I then select that XML file on my extender to load it?

3. This isn't sage specific but when I pull up the option to load a new application source I have several options such as sagemc_menu.xml sagemc_169.xml (which I believev is the 16x9 aspect version) and several more sagetv3.xml sagetv3-1.xml. What do each of these files mean? Is there some explanation as to what each of these is?

Thanks!

Neil
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Neil,

First set up one extender like you like, themes and all. Then go into the sage folder there is a clients folder should be 2 xml files in there one backup and on normal.

Copy that and when you add new extenders after going throught the inital setup of sage shut them off. Go back to the computer and in the clients folder you should have 2 more xml for that client. Rename the copy of the first one you had to match the new client id and past it over that one in the folder. That will set it up just like your others

as for importing xml use the latest beta on you said someone pointed you too. when you extract the zip you should see the file name of it there shoud be something like sagemc-12.xml
Old 03-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Right the file name is sagemc-12_6_3_8b_12.xml. What do I do with that file? Do I use that as my package to load on my extender?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Sage Expert

See, this is the kind of thing I was talking about in another thread. Rather than having to copy configuration files, when you select a new .xml or .stv file on the server, SageTV should allow you to apply that change to all configuration files 'served' by that server (extenders, clients, placeshifters). You can only accomplish that by copying configuration files within a class of devices, and then you lose device-specific information you want to keep no matter what, such as overscan settings.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post
Right the file name is sagemc-12_6_3_8b_12.xml. What do I do with that file? Do I use that as my package to load on my extender?
Yes. Load that on every extender that you want to have the SageMC UI on it. (Use the Load STV menu button and then browse and choose it.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cool thanks! I will try it when the kidos go to bed and they aren't watching all their DVDs!

Thanks again,

Neil