SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Make it an option.
map it to a GetProperty with an If/then statement.... then you can change .properties file manually... no onscreen option but whatever
http://download.sage.tv/api/sage/api...va.lang.String)
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 04-07-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
I would say no to the fanart in the background, until you can get it that complicated to make it an option. I dont think anything other than a movie theater or blank background is needed, since you already see the coverart of all the movies right there.
i concur.. black background or whatever your default background is for whatever theme you are using....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Alright guys here is my work today.

Adjusted the jpegs to fill my area
Got rid of fanart and use default background
Got all the menu options set in the options (what use to be on the side as well as the re-index and view settings should have them all)

To do list tomorrow

Make the images 60% or so translucent except for the one you are on
Make the on you are on slightly bigger
Make the video title easier to see (a little bigger I am thinking??)

All in all it is coming along pretty well

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...nartlatest.jpg
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wow, that looks really nice. I love the direction it's going in.

Suggestion: What about making the backgrounds look like DVD cases?

How hard would this be to port over into the My Music screen or even My Pictures?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Peter,

I don't know about the dvd cases. I actually have it on a black background now with a "spotlight" effect over the selection you are on.

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...artlatest2.jpg

If there is demand I could probably port it over to music not sure about pictures.

Also I can make it scroll left to right for those old media center users

I prefer top to bottom.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Make the images 60% or so translucent except for the one you are on
Make the on you are on slightly bigger
Make the video title easier to see (a little bigger I am thinking??)

I think what you have on the to-do list is pretty good.
1.) How about adding some shading to the ones not in focus?
2.) Definately. I had to look at the title to see which one it was on in the picture, spotlight and larger would be perfect.
2.) I think centered, larger, and a different font. With the current font, it blends in too much with the date and time and doesn't grab focus.

Quote:
Peter,
I don't know about the dvd cases. I actually have it on a black background now with a "spotlight" effect over the selection you are on.
Yeah, it was a suggestion. I figured it would help tie it in with AMIS since AMIS makes the background appear in a dvd case. Kind of make it all seemless looking.

Quote:
If there is demand I could probably port it over to music not sure about pictures.
Please do. Both would be welcomed. There is an active thread in the SageTV software forum right now about feature requests for the "My Pictures" screen.

Quote:
Also I can make it scroll left to right for those old media center users

I prefer top to bottom.
I prefer top to bottom as well. Maybe make it an option?

Also, does it wrap? If so, does it go down/up a row when you get to the end? IE, if I am on the top row and I scroll to the right, once I get to the end, does it wrap back around or does it drop down to the next row and the first one on the left?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Shading to the ones not in focus shouldn't be necessary if I make them translucent

I can make it wrap but I don't like the way sage wraps so currently not setting it that way.

If you have an un-even amount it loads the next movies in it making it put cover art in a different spot every time the scroll starts over.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay guys here is what I worked up last night

Got the focused one fully transparant (light effect) non focused are about 50% transparent

Fixed the title to make it easier to ready (still want to make adjustments here) need to get it left justified and would like it to come in on the bottom bot haven't gotten there yet.

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...=BUILD4809.jpg

As always any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Also my hat goes off to the people in these forums who have helped me overcome some of the obstructions and this massive learning curve

Also I should have a build out to the people that offered to test in a day or two if all goes well.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Looks great!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Looks great! What about adding a description with ratings and whatnot somewhere? I've ripped all my movies, many of which my wife hasn't seen yet, and she likes to pick them based on their description. Not easy right now at a high level with lots of things to choose from.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflat View Post
Looks great! What about adding a description with ratings and whatnot somewhere? I've ripped all my movies, many of which my wife hasn't seen yet, and she likes to pick them based on their description. Not easy right now at a high level with lots of things to choose from.
Actually this is one of the things I am working on today. If all goes well I would like the title to come out from the bottom left of the screen

with:
title
playtime
brief decription
Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Actually this is one of the things I am working on today. If all goes well I would like the title to come out from the bottom left of the screen

with:
title
playtime
brief decription
Sounds like a good idea. Title bottom left, next to star rating, DD DTS Stereo etc.., next to resolution etc..... all info lined up across the bottom.

I assume this is a vertical navigation, as opposed to Media Center's Horizontal navigation. I think this is good, since you can have Left as back, once you get to the far left titles, and allow the back button as back also.

Do you have any screens of the Options screen you are going to have, or is this going to be like the options screen of the default?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Sounds like a good idea. Title bottom left, next to star rating, DD DTS Stereo etc.., next to resolution etc..... all info lined up across the bottom.

I assume this is a vertical navigation, as opposed to Media Center's Horizontal navigation. I think this is good, since you can have Left as back, once you get to the far left titles, and allow the back button as back also.

Do you have any screens of the Options screen you are going to have, or is this going to be like the options screen of the default?
This is a vertical navigation yes.

Screen options as of now come up when options is pushed and are all the options I removed from the side as well as the normal options when hitting options on a movie.

I haven't and won't add any customization options for my add-in until I get further along and get it looking good but those will come.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

I’ve been watching the progress you’ve made; I really like what you’ve done. Your latest design is great. I’m thinking about how I would use this screen for my movie collection. I like the fact that as one scrolls through the collection the non-focused DVD’s are translucent and less prominent. This is a neat feature, at the same time, for me I’m not sure that I would scroll through each movie 1-at-a-time in order to see a clear DVD cover. I think I would look at all the titles available on the screen without moving the cursor, and then move 1 block (3x8) or maybe 1 entire row down to be able to see the next chunk of movies. I guess what I’m saying is the translucency almost becomes a distraction for me if I’m going to be perusing a large DVD library. It would be faster to scan many viewable titles at once than navigate through them 1-at-a-time…

Not sure if you or others agree, I just thought I would throw that out there. I like the progress and direction regardless. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I’ve been watching the progress you’ve made; I really like what you’ve done. Your latest design is great. I’m thinking about how I would use this screen for my movie collection. I like the fact that as one scrolls through the collection the non-focused DVD’s are translucent and less prominent. This is a neat feature, at the same time, for me I’m not sure that I would scroll through each movie 1-at-a-time in order to see a clear DVD cover. I think I would look at all the titles available on the screen without moving the cursor, and then move 1 block (3x8) or maybe 1 entire row down to be able to see the next chunk of movies. I guess what I’m saying is the translucency almost becomes a distraction for me if I’m going to be perusing a large DVD library. It would be faster to scan many viewable titles at once than navigate through them 1-at-a-time…

Not sure if you or others agree, I just thought I would throw that out there. I like the progress and direction regardless. Keep up the good work.
I see what you're saying, but I think that would confuse the user in most cases. The ability to Page Down, is what you are looking for from what I gather, but I think there would need to be at least one cover highlighted, as a starting point from where you decided to stop Paging Down and moving individually. If the cursor (highlighted cover) were to not appear till you hit one of the arrows, you have to play with the preference of the user more, which complicates things. Now you have to decide if the cursor starts at the top left of the screen you're on, the beginning of the collection (in the A's for example) or the last position you were individually on (looking at iRobot, then started paging down) I see what you're getting at, but it seems overly complex to me.
I would want the first release to have the cursor always be at the top left, then as you page down, it stays there, or if you move it then page down, it stays where it is. This also means the balance between the selected cover and the others has to be enough to look good, but not too much to make the others unreadable. I see further releases adding all of the above, as PLUCKY learns to program with SageTV Studio better.
My $0.02

Last edited by mikejaner; 04-08-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post

You can still see and make out the transulcent covers trust me. The purpose of this is to browse many covers at one time so I didn't want to make them "invisible" but you have to have some sort of "cursor" as to where you are in the collection and I thought the "highlighted" effect was best. Believe me when they are all lite the same it is hard to tell where you are at even with the title changes.

That being said. If I can figure out my work today and do what I want the "light" effect may not be necessary.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

PLUCKY,

Looking awesome! can't wait to test this out. I'm running an HD100 so should be interesting to see how well it handels everything. QQ I have not updated to the beta with any of the new fanart stuff. Is that required, or will this use the dvd profiler images I already have imported for my movies, or do i need to run stuckless's scraper to get the posters?

Regards,
Brian
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
PLUCKY,

Looking awesome! can't wait to test this out. I'm running an HD100 so should be interesting to see how well it handels everything. QQ I have not updated to the beta with any of the new fanart stuff. Is that required, or will this use the dvd profiler images I already have imported for my movies, or do i need to run stuckless's scraper to get the posters?

Regards,
Brian
It is built on latest sage and sagemc beta's.

It should work with older versions but I can't guarantee it.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Need another opinion from the masses. Not sure which looks better

Below is with no transparancy and the item getting slightly larger and moving down a little bit when selected

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...halobehind.jpg

Below is with transparancy on the on selected but still moving down when selected and growing slightly

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...halobehind.jpg

Also what do you think of the "halo" effect behind the selected?

As always thanks for any opinions
Old 04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

I think I like the translucent version better.

Is it absolutely necessary to keep the date/time stamp? What if you drop the date/time and put the DVD title on the top center screen in the black margin?