SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Sage User

It seems to me that if you are running the old firmware, then you would remain susceptible to the problem that affected everyone on 4/15. If a reboot was all that was required to fix the issue permanently, then there would have been no need to issue another firmware update.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

If you're not going to update your firmware, I would definitely recommend disabling support for the "Sage Lineup Server", otherwise your HDHR's will keep dialing home and the lockup could happen again the future.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Sage User

You can see a list of everything that has been added, changed, and fixed in our changelogs.
Software: http://www.silicondust.com/downloads...ware_changelog
Firmware: http://www.silicondust.com/downloads...ware_changelog

There have been a number of improvements to locking, debugging, and the lineup server. Better scn files are now being generated for digital cable users, and duplicate channels are now automatically disabled so that they don't cause conflicts when imported. Scanning of digital antenna channels is now handled directly by SageTV rather than through HDHomeRun Setup+scn files.

While it's certainly not necessary to upgrade firmware if everything is working, the first thing we're going to suggest if you file a trouble ticket is updating to the latest firmware .

Jason
Silicondust Support
Old 04-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

I am OTA-only. If I install the new HDHR software/firmware and do not do a channel scan (as instructed), do I need to manually delete the old .scn files, so that SageTV isn't still reading them?

I won't have changed anything in my SageTV (just HDHR) and as far as I know, SageTV is still reading the .scn files from my current (20081231) version... or is it?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I am OTA-only. If I install the new HDHR software/firmware and do not do a channel scan (as instructed), do I need to manually delete the old .scn files, so that SageTV isn't still reading them?
I think the HDHR update will end up deleting the scn files, but you can manually delete/rename them if you want/need to.

Quote:
I won't have changed anything in my SageTV (just HDHR) and as far as I know, SageTV is still reading the .scn files from my current (20081231) version... or is it?
If the scn file exists for a tuner, SageTV will use it when you scan in SageTV.

Nothing changed for me in terms of OTA channels, so I simply replaced the deleted scn & frq files with backup copies & left my HDHR OTA tuner as-is in SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I think the HDHR update will end up deleting the scn files, but you can manually delete/rename them if you want/need to.

If the scn file exists for a tuner, SageTV will use it when you scan in SageTV.

Nothing changed for me in terms of OTA channels, so I simply replaced the deleted scn & frq files with backup copies & left my HDHR OTA tuner as-is in SageTV.

- Andy
I think I will wait until Friday or Saturday and just delete them, since I just found out that one of my OTA channels is moving at midnight Friday (analog shutting off and digital moving to the analog physical frequency) anyway...
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.