SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Help! Video and Audio out of sync

Everything was working fine in .13. Upgraded to .14 and now my video is lagging behind the audio for no apparent reason.
Tried a reboot
Tried changing the new video options

Nothing seems to help.

Also would like to make the OSD during play back blue (not clear) again.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Help! Video and Audio out of sync

Quote:
Originally posted by DynamoBen
Everything was working fine in .13. Upgraded to .14 and now my video is lagging behind the audio for no apparent reason.
Tried a reboot
Tried changing the new video options

Nothing seems to help.

Also would like to make the OSD during play back blue (not clear) again.
You can adjust the audio sync in the Detailed Setup screen, the Audio option. Change the offset (in milliseconds) until they are back in sync.

You can go back to the old, opaque, screens in the Detailed Setup screen, the Multimedia option. The Video Menu Setup (at the bottom of the right-hand column) will let you set the Video Menu Style back to Window.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

The delay adjust won't fix what I'm seeing let me be more detailed.

The slowly (over a few seconds) drifts out of sync. If I fast foward or reward it syncs up breifly then drifts out of sync again. I also am noticing jumpy ness and press pauses in video now.

Literally the only thing that prompted this in the install of .14

Any more ideas?

Last edited by DynamoBen; 03-19-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Double-check your decoder and make sure it didn't revert back to default. Also try choosing other decoders if you have them installed.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

So I'm discovering some interesting things.

I'm using the Elecard decoder. Even with Video Menu Style changed to window is still is transparent. However if I swith to InterVideo I see the old style blue OSD.
Weird!

Also my sync problem only occurs if I use Elecard and also enable Double Refresh Rate. If I turn the Double Refresh Rate off all is well in the world.
Weird!

No matter what decoder I use frequently while watching a recorded show the video will hesitate. Almost looks like the CPU is pegging. (just guessing)

So I wonder what has changed in this new version. I have used the Elecard Decoder with Double refresh since ver 1.4 with no problems.

Suggestions?

Last edited by DynamoBen; 03-19-2004 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:33 AM
SageTVaholic

probably need a faster video card but I could be wrong
Old 03-20-2004, 02:50 AM
SageTVaholic

I was able to disable Transparent OSD during Live TV by setting
"Overlay colour keying" to disabled in detailed setup/advanced..
This still allows transparent guide/recordings menus...
No idea what else this does :-)
Old 03-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Sage Expert

There used to be a problem where if a decoder couldn't handle VMR9 it would open up a seperate window. I believe I remember narflex saying he was going to make it so if the decoder couldn't handle VMR9 that it would use overlay instead. So I'm assuming that when you use intervideo and the OSD is no longer transparent that it's using Overlay regardless of what you have it set to.

-Scott
Old 03-20-2004, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

well wish he make that adjustment for PowerDVD
It does the active window crap
yet the picture looks great in it, probably the best I have seen
I wish powerDVD would fix this
Old 03-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

What makes this so weird is it occured in one simple upgrade. I would submit this as a bug but I just don't have any idea where to start to find the problem.

Basically it went from a beautiful system that I couldn't delete with to something that is almost unuseable because of the playback issues. For a minute last night I considered starting up my VCR.

I would blame hardware but everything was great in .13.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have more information. I have submitted this as a bug for the time being but wanted to share what I have found so far.

Keep in mind I only have this problem when using the elecard decoder, Greedy2Frame plug-in, and double refresh rate.

The video and audio were out of sync by 1 or 2 seconds. Also the OSD would stay transparent regardless of the OSD setup settings.

After disabling 'Overlay color keying' the video would sync up and the OSD would turn blue, as it should.

Then I was seeing a little ghosting on the OSD this was corrected by disabling '3D acceleration'

Everything was working well at this point. Until sage started to record another show.

Then the audio and video fell out of sync by a few milliseconds. I disabled double refresh and that seemed to help for a while. However 1/2 thru the show it fell out of sync by a few milliseconds again.

I'm still working on the minor sync issue I have not and will report more if I get anything.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by DynamoBen
The delay adjust won't fix what I'm seeing let me be more detailed.

The slowly (over a few seconds) drifts out of sync. If I fast foward or reward it syncs up breifly then drifts out of sync again. I also am noticing jumpy ness and press pauses in video now.

Literally the only thing that prompted this in the install of .14

Any more ideas?
I've had this exact same problem since 1.4.10. I can't imagine that it's 2.0.14. I am running the elecard with greedy2frame. I will try to play with it. Since this only happens on my server and I don't watch much on that, it hasn't bothered me lately since my client is using 350 vid out.

Would like to fix this though.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Very similar problem here too, occurring after implementing the Elecard decoder and Double Refresh Rate.

Now I have something to experiment with...
Old 03-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Sage User

I am having the same trouble with my setup. XP Pro, AMD 2000, 512 mb Ram, 64mb G-force Vid Card, 80 gig 2nd drive storage formated at 64; drive 7200 rpm, 2- 250PVR's .....

I have been watching recordings from sage 2.14 on a Media MVP, but had not watched it LIVE on my server. I looked at it today and the audio was out of sync.

I did as DynamoBen did to correct the problem:

Disabled 'Overlay color keying'

Disabled '3D acceleration'

Seemes ok now. There must be a small problem with the color keying...

Just thought I would submit my info.
Mike