SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
When I click on recorded TV I am unable to access my recordings nothing happens.
toricred already posted this, but step 4 introduces the issue with Recorded TV not working. I've uploaded a new zip with that corrected, no other changes.

btl.

Last edited by bialio; 05-25-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Could a reload be caused by a refresh to the preview screen?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Couple of quick screen shots - I've got the Guide and Guide By Channel screens updated now - part of this is in beta 9, but not quite all:

Old 05-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Couple of quick screen shots - I've got the Guide and Guide By Channel screens updated now - part of this is in beta 9, but not quite all:
I'm really liking that. Nice job.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Serenity Beta 10 is now available.

Fixes a few bugs.
Removed shadow on Episode title.
EPG and EPG by Channel as seen in the screens shots here.

Last edited by bialio; 05-25-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bialio, that guide and guide by channel looks amazing!!! I'm gonna load that up shortly. BTW, set up the earlier Beta and the WAF is extremely high! I'm sure she'll like the guide even more! How do you access the guide by channel option?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks - from the normal guide, hit options then select. That takes you to the currently selected channel's Guide By Channel screen.

btl.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Season Number, Episode number

I'm not sure how to add these items into the TV Info Screen - I don't see any options for how to get those from the default API's that Sage provides. I know that some EPG providers - especially out side of the USA - have this information, and probably some of the metadata scrapers get them. If anyone has experience in how to get there (jamin' if you are reading this *hint hint*) lemme know.

btl.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

I figured out my problem with the cycling (well sort of). I started with a fresh properties file for my client. I'm adding one import back at a time and I only have one left so I suspect it might be the cause (it refreshes every second in the mediaplayer when video is playing).

I sure would hope to see the Season and Episode numbers, but I spent a lot of time last night trying to do it my self and never succeeded. I guess I've lost what little studio skills I once had. Hopefully jambien will provide you with the info. This is looking awesome.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I figured out my problem with the cycling (well sort of). I started with a fresh properties file for my client. I'm adding one import back at a time and I only have one left so I suspect it might be the cause (it refreshes every second in the mediaplayer when video is playing).

I sure would hope to see the Season and Episode numbers, but I spent a lot of time last night trying to do it my self and never succeeded. I guess I've lost what little studio skills I once had. Hopefully jambien will provide you with the info. This is looking awesome.
What I could do is make the random selection an option - so you could disable the cycling, but you'd be stuck with just a single fanart.

I played around some today with trying to get it to only load once while the screen is open (ie not to cycle on the refresh) - so far no luck.

btl.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

A couple of questions:

1. Should changes to the Fanart options such as cycle frequency affect the serenity screens?

2. Can I safely import version 10 on top of version 9?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Sage User

I'm loving this layout, but I wish I could have context sensitive fanart on all the screens. Some screens seem to support it and some screens don't.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

The only fanart option from the main SageMC options that Serenity looks at is Enabled / Disabled. Any others would be controlled by the Serenity Option menu.

You can't import on top of a previous install.

btl.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
I'm loving this layout, but I wish I could have context sensitive fanart on all the screens. Some screens seem to support it and some screens don't.

Am I doing something wrong?
You are not - I am having trouble with context sensitive. It's on my list of things to get working once I've got the layout propegated to all the screens I use (and maybe any requests for screens that I don't use if I receive any).

btl.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry to point this out, but when I look at the info screen for a movie recorded from TV, the title shows as Repeat and nothing else. It looks like it is having a problem retrieving the actual name of the file. (I saw the same thing last night when trying to retrieve the EpisodeNumber to put in there.)

One more thing is that I can't navigate with a remote to the preview screens to select them. Is this by design?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM
SageTVaholic

I am not a fan of video on my backgrounds etc.. When I am watching a show and go to settings etc... the video is playing in the background I try to hit options to deselect preview but all I get is "Power off " extender.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Sage Icon

I found the fix for the first item. Where you're setting Episode = GetShowEpisode(Airing) and then checking if the size is > 0, under false it should be "Episode = GetShowTitle(Airing)"
Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I am not a fan of video on my backgrounds etc.. When I am watching a show and go to settings etc... the video is playing in the background I try to hit options to deselect preview but all I get is "Power off " extender.
Is the video playing on the entire background? Or just in the preview window in the bottom left side of the screen?

bt.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

In the settings screen it's playing in the whole background....also video conversion screen
Old 05-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

On the season and episode item. Something like this line should get the information although you'll probably want to re-format it a bit: "Season " + GetMediaFileMetadata(mf, "SeasonNumber") + " Episode " + GetMediaFileMetadata(mf, "EpisodeNumber")