SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow STV Import: JRMC Media Explorer 2 (Default STV and SageMC)

This import allows you to explore and play from your J River Media Center library, view schemes, playlists, smartlists, etc. inside SageTV. I am calling this version 2 - besides including an STVi for the Default STV it differs from the first (SageMC-only) JRMC import in that:
  1. It manages the playback queue on its own so that your media files do not have to be imported into the Sage database (note that it still uses Sage for the actual playback and not JRMC).
  2. It uses a custom plugin/server that runs inside JRMC so that Jacob does not have to be used (which should alleviate some connection headaches from before).
  3. Navigation is performed all within the JRMC explorer screen with new "cascading" menus.

The following screens are included:
  1. Explorer - allows you to browse your view schemes, playlists, etc. with shortcuts to specific areas.
  2. Music Mix - allows you to play a mix of selected music genres with a specified number of tracks.
  3. Now Playing - shows currently playing track with customizable details as well as next track, queue, or more details (lyrics, notes, etc.).
  4. Slideshow Player - displays image slideshow with animated transitions.

Download and more details here.

Update 2.1, 09-14-09 (SageMC Only)
  • Can select picture playlist, smartlist, or playlist group to use as photo slideshow screensaver (select and enable in settings menu).
  • Added Date and Caption text to slideshow photo (can customize text in .Properties file). The text display can be toggled with Info button.
  • Added music popup to slideshow on track change (see screenshot).
  • Added thumbnail list display option to Now Playing screen.
  • DVD playback now prompts to resume or restart.
  • DVD title is transferred from JRMC so correct title is used in Sage OSD.

Last edited by cncb; 09-14-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

Couple quick questions:
What version of JRMC is required? I think my latest license is for v11
Will this work on extenders?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Couple quick questions:
What version of JRMC is required? I think my latest license is for v11
Will this work on extenders?
It should work with V12 or V13. I'm not sure about V11 - you could try it and it should be clear whether or not the "server plugin" in JRMC is working.

Yes, on extenders. You just have to make sure that JRMC is running on your server. In fact I use it exclusively with my HD100s and an MVP.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Sage User

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !

It work great, and very easy to set up. I love your interface !

Now if I can just find a way to get to play last.fm stream on a extender, I would be in Paradise !

Richard
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

You're welcome - I'm glad you like it. Sorry I can't help you with streaming on the extender .
Old 01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Hi,

Is there a way to "fix" a view for each menu you create ?

(for exemple, if I click on the "Music" Icon in the dynamic menu, I want to be in the audio view right away, and if I click on pictures, I want to be in the image view)

Right now, it seem that whatever was the last view is the one that appear...

Thank again !
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
Is there a way to "fix" a view for each menu you create ?

(for exemple, if I click on the "Music" Icon in the dynamic menu, I want to be in the audio view right away, and if I click on pictures, I want to be in the image view)

Right now, it seem that whatever was the last view is the one that appear...
Yes, it behaves this way because it was designed to use the JRMC Explorer internal menus with shortcuts to navigate (especially since the default STV does not have the dynamic menus by default).

In any case, you can tie a specific view to a dynamic menu item but you need to edit your menu .XML file manually. After you add your menu items, open your menu XML file in a text editor and add text to each 'evalExpression' element with the path for each item as in the examples below:

Code:
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="Direct Music">
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("StartPath","Audio")</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
 <!--                                   -->
 <internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="Direct Images">
         <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("StartPath","Images\\Calendar")</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
Old 01-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Craig!

Holy crap! It worked on the first try. Awesome.

I have no idea why v1 wouldn't work, but I like v2 much much better.

Thanks man!

Todd
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Todd,

I'm glad it's working for you! v1 depended on the 3rd-party Jacob library which could be problematic. Hopefully it will be pretty reliable now that I removed that dependency.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tried with JR Media Center 11.1.201. No go.
The Sage Server in the Services & Plug-ins is running and it specifies a port number.
But when I try to access this in SageMC I get this message:

JRMC connection error. Make sure JRMC is running and the SageJRMCServer is setup properly.

Do I need to specify the port number anywhere? Or will this just not work with 11.x?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
Do I need to specify the port number anywhere? Or will this just not work with 11.x?
Chris,

I don't have v11 to test here but I believe it is not compatible (I think they made some changes to the SDK between 11 & 12). Sorry.

By the way, if you are just using it for music it might work with the free "Media Jukebox" version they offer.

Last edited by cncb; 01-28-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I'll try the free "Media Jukebox" version tonight.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

This really looks nice. I might give this a try as the music library is one of the things that needs work in sage. The fact that it does not omit "The" or "A" in the sorting fields drives me nuts.

I have a couple of questions.

1.) Can you create playlists through sage?
2.) Is there fanart support?
3.) How does the slideshow player work? Does it replace the "Photos" menu?

BTW, I am using SageMC.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
1.) Can you create playlists through sage?
2.) Is there fanart support?
3.) How does the slideshow player work? Does it replace the "Photos" menu?
1) Not at this time. I find the JRMC standard interface more suitable for creating playlists but I will consider this for the future.

2) Not at this time.

3) You browse photos just like music in the JRMC explorer screen. The Slideshow Player just shows any photos contained in the playlist or file list (from a view item) you play.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
1) Not at this time. I find the JRMC standard interface more suitable for creating playlists but I will consider this for the future.

2) Not at this time.

3) You browse photos just like music in the JRMC explorer screen. The Slideshow Player just shows any photos contained in the playlist or file list (from a view item) you play.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the wife has gotten used to being able to sit down and make a quick playlist from the TV. She has also taken a liking to the fanart. So, losing those would have a catastrophic effect on the WAF.

Maybe a future version will add these features and I'll look into it then. Thanks for your hard work.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Sage User

Does this work on a client pc? I have a headless server setup with 2 extenders and 1 client pc. It plays fine on my 2 extenders. However for my client pc I get JRMC connection error.

Do I have to have JRMC installed on the client pc also?

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client
Old 02-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
Do I have to have JRMC installed on the client pc also?
Yes, JRMC must be installed and running on the client PC. You also have to be able to get to all your media files from the client PC (shared network drive, etc.).
Old 03-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Blu-ray support

For anyone using the HD200 to watch Blu-ray folder rips, there is a simple way to get this to work with JRMC and this STVi:
  1. Copy a small "VIDEO_TS.ifo" file from one of your DVD rips to the "BDMV" subdirectory of each of your Blu-ray rips.
  2. Inside JRMC import the Blu-ray folder and it will be added as a normal DVD.
  3. This STVi will handle it just like a DVD and it will play fine.
  4. I modified my MyMovies data import tool to now handle Blu-ray rips so you can use this to get detailed movie information for Blu-rays into JRMC and thus visible in Sage via this STVi.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Sage User

I am thinking about giving this a try, but have a couple of questions first.

1.Once playback is initiated, does the view return to the SAGE "Now Playing" screen or stay with a J RIVER "Now Playing" screen?

2.I have J River set up as a client on my Sage machine which accesses the database on another PC via J River server. Will this still work or does the J River SERVER have to be on the same machine as Sage?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA View Post
1.Once playback is initiated, does the view return to the SAGE "Now Playing" screen or stay with a J RIVER "Now Playing" screen?

2.I have J River set up as a client on my Sage machine which accesses the database on another PC via J River server. Will this still work or does the J River SERVER have to be on the same machine as Sage?
1) It stays on the JRMC screen because it manages the playback queue on its own (since the media files are not also imported into the Sage database). The SageMC "Now Playing" screen will have an empty queue.

2) If you are using the "Library Server" connection on your client then no, this will not work. You have to be able to find/load the media files from disk (either locally or on a shared network drive). What I do is have my JRMC library and all my media files on a shared network drive. Then, I open the library directly from the network location on my client which will work within Sage (you have to install the "Sage Server plugin" inside JRMC on your client PC as well).

Last edited by cncb; 04-02-2009 at 11:54 AM.