SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

HD100 - Default STV Significantly Slower than SageMC?

I just started using the default STV after using SageMC with the HD100. For some reason, the default STV seems to be much "slower" than SageMC (such that my family has noticed it). For example, when selecting a recorded tv entry it consistently takes 2-4 seconds to bring up the options menu. Similarly, I have installed the Multi-function Stop import and there is a few second delay in showing this menu as well. I never noticed any significant menu delays like this with SageMC? I have also turned of animations completely and there is no difference. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Administrator

I would check the debug log while no customizations are active. It shouldn't take that long to bring up the recording's options menu after selecting a recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

I have the log but I'm not sure what to look for. It does look like it tries to sort video playlists when it brings up the options menu but I deleted the two (empty) ones I had and it doesn't seem to make a difference. There is also no delay when I bring it up on my PC so it seems to be something with the HD100.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I just sold my HD100, but I know for certain that isn't normal behavior. The default STV was just as snappy (possibly slightly faster) on the HD100 then it was with the SageMC STV.