SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Newbie with a few SageMC questions.. I swear, I looked everywhere....

I've been using Sage for about a week now with my new TV and I have to say that so far I am very happy with it. I had previously used MediaPortal for almost a year and half. MP does a good job, but it wasn't stable enough (on my hardware, anyways).

So, here is what I've set up:
--Latest version of Sage
--SageMC 6.3.3b (I installed 6.3.2c, then installed the 6.3.3b update)
--SageMC enhancements

All in all, this is working perfectly except for a few problems/questions:

1) Imported Video Library Views

When using the default sage STV, there is an option in the video library (I think I got to it by going to the video library, pressing escape, and then going to display options) to display imported folders seperately or combined, but I can't seem to find this option in the sagemc STV. I've got my movies in AVI (divx) files on a NAS with a dir structure similar to below.

z:(mapped)
| \TV
| .| \TVSeries1
| .| .\Ep1.avi
| .| .\Ep2.avi
| .| .\Ep3.avi
| .| \TVSeries2
| .| .\Ep1.avi
| .| .\Ep2.avi
| .| \Movies
| .| .|\A-M
| .| .| .|\A Hard Day's Night
| .| .| ..|\A Hard Day's Night.avi
| .| .| .|\Batman
| .| .| ..|\Batman_cd1.avi
| .| .| ..|\Batman_cd2.avi
| .| .| \N-Z
| .| .|\Terminator 3
| .| ..|\Terminator 3_cd1.avi
| .| ..|\Terminator 3_cd2.avi
| .| ..|\Terminator 3_cd3.avi

(Apologies for the sloppy ASCII tree, vBulletin keeps removing the extra spaces and screwing up my formatting, I had to use the periods to try to keep it from doing that..)

In Sage(orig STV with movie view set to separate) I can navigate the above tree as it is. But, when I use Sage orig STV with movie view on combined, or SageMC STV, I get a list that contains every file and folder in the whole tree. For example, I would see Z:, TV, TVSeries1, Ep1.avi, Ep2.avi, TVSeries2, Ep1.avi, Ep2.avi, Ep3.avi, A-M, A Hard Day's Night, etc. If I go to TV, it will then list every file and folder in TV. I would really like to get SageMC to behave like the original STV in "seperate" mode(displaying a normal navigable tree structure), but I can't figure out how to do it. Am I missing this option somewhere?

2) Automatic Series Compression

When I used media portal, I had a delay setup for autocompression of recorded TV shows. This way it would record the TV show, wait 3 days and then transcode it to a lower bitrate. I suppose you could call it auto archiving. I liked this, because it gave me a chance to watch the show in good quality, and then automatically store it later at a lower quality. Does SageMC have this capability? Or does it just transcode as soon as the show is over?

3) Video Library Meta-Data, Details, Info, etc....

From the posts I've been reading, I've noticed this has sort of been a thorn in the side for many sage users, but is there a good way to catalog an imported movie collection? I'd like a way to scan my imported folders list, pull the movie name from either the folder or the files, recognize multi-cd movies, download details from IMDB(or similar), and then store this info in a searchable database. I'd like to be able to do things like see all the movies from a particular actor, assign more than one genre to a movie, etc.

Premptive thanks to anyone that can help me out! I'm really happy with sage, but problem #1 above is really making it tough to play movies off my NAS.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

1) On the left hand side there should be something like "View By" and if you change that around you should be able to get to the directory structure that you're looking for.

2) I think all of the auto-compression options for Sage compress immediatly rather than waiting a set amount of time (although, this would be a nice feature)

3) Never played around with that but do a search for DVD profiler and SageMC and you should come up with something.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Sage User

The "view by" button only switches between a folders type view and a list type view. In either view, I still see every single file and folder at the top level instead of a nice tree structure.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Are you running 6.1.9 or (beta) 6.2.4?
SageMC 6.3.3b is setup to fix the changes in 6.2.4 - go to settings and make sure that you have loaded the correct version.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Sage User

I'm running 6.1.9.146.

Quote:
SageMC 6.3.3b is setup to fix the changes in 6.2.4
Were these bad changes? Should I be running sage 6,2,4 if I'm using sageMC 6.3.3b?

I suppose I should put all that in a sig...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Sage User

Try SageMC 6.3.3 or 6.3.3a
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Sage User

So.... Late last night I removed z:\ from the imported videos folder list, rescanned for imported media, added z:\ back, and rescanned again. Now everything looks good, except for it adding two wma files from a folder that is supposed to only be scanned for music... I find it odd that I tell it to scan that folder for music, it finds to audio files, and then lists them in the videos section. Anyways, thanks for the help!