SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.3.8a available

Hi everyone,

Mike's hard work is now available.

Here's the list of fixes / changes:

• Fix: No background image when dynamic menus disabled.
  • Fix: User specified background image not used in dynamic submenus.
  • Fix: Video OSD Info Panel background incorrectly sized in some cases.
  • Added: Transparency setting for Options Menus under Global UI Options >> Display
  • Added: Setting to use themed external image file (htext_background.png) for the Htext menu.
  • Fix: Dock menu scaling.
  • Fix: Hidden 'Back' spot did not work in Guide and Horizontal Parallel Schedule screens.
  • Fix: 'PathFilterExprs' was not respected in all views in Video Library.
  • Change: Changed default setting for 'Main Menu Popup Command' to 'None' due to an incompatibility with the JRMC plugin.
  • Fix: Song Title did not refresh when Album Cover view is selected in Now Playing menu.
  • Fix: Guide was empty when reloaded after a 'Back' command when filtered by Category.
  • Change: Airings are now displayed with padding in the Horizontal Parallel Schedule
  • Added: Text Frame configuration for Icon menu style when customizing icon layout.
  • Change: Increased maximum number of Rows from 6 to 8 in Icon menu style.
  • Fix: Text positioning in Dock menu style
  • Added: Nonfocused item size setting for Dock menu style
  • Fix: In dynamic submenus, default focus would go to the left-as-back spot under certain conditions, preventing the menu from loading.
  • Fix: Empty pop up dialog when a very old version of df_sageutils.jar is installed.
  • Added: Custom background for dynamic submenus by menu title (theme.properties: Background/[Menu_Title]=filename.jpg)
  • Added: Support for 'FanArt' backgrounds. Call AddStaticContext( "AiringForBackground" , Airing ). Image files can be stored locally with media files as background.jpg or in a central location. Setting is in SageMC >> Paths.
  • Added: Font Name, Font Size, and Autoscale Text customization settings for HText menu.
  • Added: Setting for custom program information screen for the Video Library. Setting is in SageMC >> Main >> Screen Specific Settings >> Video Library
  • Update: 'FanArt' background support: Removed separate setting for local vs. central image locations and implemented the following search order for background image files:
  • Update: " Search order for DVD's is background.jpg in Video_TS or parent folder -> [DVD Name].jpg in central folder.
  • Update: " Search order for other video files is background.jpg in parent folder -> [Video Filename]_background.jpg in parent folder -> [Video Title].jpg in central folder.
  • Update: " Search order for TV Files is [Show Title].jpg in central folder.
  • Update: " Search order for Music is background.jpg in parent folder -> [Album Name].jpg in central folder -> [Album Artist].jpg in central folder -> [Artist].jpg in central folder.
  • Change: Removed 'up' navigation limitation from HText menu.
  • Added: Setting for Disk Bar corner arc in disk bar settings menu.
  • Added: Setting for custom program information screen for recorded TV (setting in My TV screen specific settings).
  • Added: custom selection bars for Weather Bar (weatherbar_focus.png and weatherbar_nofocus.png) to themes. If the new image files do not exist, the weatherbar will default back to the original empty_icon_focus.png and empty_icon_nofocus.png.
  • Fix: Live TV did not work from My TV popup menu in Main Menu.
  • Added: Disk bar alpha setting
  • Added: Alpha setting for Upcoming/Recent background text in main menu recordings modules.
  • Added: support for 1 level of arbitrary subdirectories in media backgrounds folder. Subdirectories are for organization only. All subdirectories are searched for a matching image file.
  • Added: Shaded backgrounds for menus, lists and info areas when fanart backgrounds are active. Enable/disable and set alpha in Global UI Options >> Display.
  • Added: Color setting for shaded menu backgrounds in Global UI Options >> Display. Default = 0x000000.
  • Fix: No description for Disk Bar Alpha setting
  • Added: Removal of invalid windows file name characters for fan art background file names. ( \ / : * ? " < > | ) Just leave out these characters when naming files.
  • Added: Text Shadow option for HText menu.
  • Change: Default Program Info screen is now used if user defined custom screen is not found.
  • Added: imageutils.jar
  • Added: max java heap size info
  • Added: version of df_sageutils.jar
  • Fix: fixed remaining issues with 'Backspace' on non-English systems

Update instructions:

- shut down SageTV
- unzip *all* files in the download file
- restart SageTV
- load the new STV

The dev package (includes only new STV and JARs) and the full installation package are available for download here:

SageMC 6.3.8a update
SageMC 6.3.8a full install

Enjoy,

Mike & Dirk
Old 12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Been waiting for this, Very Sweet

And some very cool additions, well I like them.

Thankyou

Last edited by jaminben; 12-05-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

This update seems to be another fine product. My only comment is you may want tho replace the nilem_sageimdb.jar file with the one posted here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=344 since ethe IMDB search seems to be broken with the older one.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Sage User

I was wondering if there was an easy way to change the background image on the context popup window for main menu items? I can change it in studio, but I was wondering it there was a way to change it in the settings. Or a way to change it similar to how you can change the OptionsMenuColor in the theme.properties file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Great work on the update!!!!

-sean
Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean977 View Post
I was wondering if there was an easy way to change the background image on the context popup window for main menu items? I can change it in studio, but I was wondering it there was a way to change it in the settings. Or a way to change it similar to how you can change the OptionsMenuColor in the theme.properties file.
I haven't checked, but I thought they were already tied to the OptionsMenuColor property. I'll take a look at it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I haven't checked, but I thought they were already tied to the OptionsMenuColor property. I'll take a look at it.

Aloha,
Mike
No they don't seem to be tied to the OptionsMenu Color. It appears that those menus use the background file instead.

Thanks for taking a look.

-sean
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Sage Icon

Is there a toggleable setting so that when I add a favorite I don't get dumped into the favorites list. I like to be able to just go down a list and hit the favorites button on my remote and keep going down the list without having to back out of the favorites menu each time.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.