SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

SageMC not allowing PowerDVD to come up.

For some reason SageMC won't allow PowerDVD to come up after I start it but unless it in windowed mode then SageMC would shrink down allowing PowerDVD to come up.

When SageMC is in full screen the PowerDVD come up (you can see it coming up) but is quickly forced behind SageMC out of view then I have to window it to access it.

Is there a setting I missed? I already check to make sure external DVD is enable in SageMC setting.

Right now to get around it I have to windowed SageMC before starting PowerDVD on my remote then go back to full screen after I close PowerDVD.

Thanks
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 11-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Also how do you link "Play DVD" to start up PowerDVD instead? Pressing on it now does nothing but blinks SageMC.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 11-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Sage Icon

If ou are running SageMC (the STV) and not the default SageTV, when you are at the main menu click your right mouse button on the main menu background (remote may work but I don't know how yet) and a menu overlay will pop up. Select the center of the three choices (I'm not at my HTPC right now so this is from memory). You'll get another menu with a choice of NEW. Select NEW and you'll get another menu from which you choose External Program (I believe). A new menu will come up which will allow you to browse your computer to find the powerDVD program. (On mine it was in C:\program Files\Power DVD\Powerdvd.exe).
Select the powerdvd.exe and click OK. Next up is a parameters to pass prompt which you can leave blank and go to next menu where you'll enter name for the Main Menu i.e. Play BD/DVD. Do that and press OK. Your new "Play BD/DVD" choice will appear on your main menu. (I right clicked on the Play DVD choice and found a way to delete that one).

When you get the menu the way you want right click on the background and goto file and save menu.

Zip up your Sage folder before doing any editing just in case.

Sorry if this is slightly off but it's from memory.

EDIT: forgot there is a spot where you enter what you want Sage to do while you are in the external linked program. I have tried both sleep/wake and do nothing and havn't decided which I like better. Also, When PowerDVD loads count to 5 then press play to get it in gear.

Quote:
When you get the menu the way you want right click on the background and goto file and save menu.
EDIT AGAIN: When you right click on the background, select the center choice again, and goto file, save menu.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 11-01-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
If ou are running SageMC (the STV) and not the default SageTV, when you are at the main menu click your right mouse button on the main menu background (remote may work but I don't know how yet) and a menu overlay will pop up. Select the center of the three choices (I'm not at my HTPC right now so this is from memory). You'll get another menu with a choice of NEW. Select NEW and you'll get another menu from which you choose External Program (I believe). A new menu will come up which will allow you to browse your computer to find the powerDVD program. (On mine it was in C:\program Files\Power DVD\Powerdvd.exe).
Select the powerdvd.exe and click OK. Next up is a parameters to pass prompt which you can leave blank and go to next menu where you'll enter name for the Main Menu i.e. Play BD/DVD. Do that and press OK. Your new "Play BD/DVD" choice will appear on your main menu. (I right clicked on the Play DVD choice and found a way to delete that one).

Zip up your Sage folder before doing any editing just in case.

Sorry if this is slightly off but it's from memory.

EDIT: forgot there is a spot where you enter what you want Sage to do while you are in the external linked program. I have tried both sleep/wake and do nothing and havn't decided which I like better. Also, When PowerDVD loads count to 5 then press play to get it in gear.

EDIT AGAIN: When you right click on the background, select the center choice again, and goto file, save menu.

I am running SageMC.

I just tried your suggestion and it works but it loads PowerDVD in Windows mode so I think I probably need to find a command flag to load it in full screen.

Thank for the tips!

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 11-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I am running SageMC. I just tried your suggestion and it works but it loads PowerDVD in Windows mode so I think I probably need to find a command flag to load it in full screen.
I tried everything I could think of to no avail. By the way, it's the same with TMT. Both will go to full screen (if they are set to in their settings menu) once you start to play your movie.

Post back if you find a way. I couldn't get either of them to start up in full screen from the Windows desktop either.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 11-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
I tried everything I could think of to no avail. By the way, it's the same with TMT. Both will go to full screen (if they are set to in their settings menu) once you start to play your movie.

Post back if you find a way. I couldn't get either of them to start up in full screen from the Windows desktop either.
I got it figured out...

You know the part where you browse for the program and choose C:\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD8.exe then after you click ok that the next step will be "enter arguments" and for that step you put in

/fullscreen

then click ok and it should load the PowerDVD8 in full screen each time you select it on the Menu that you added it in SageMC.

Again thank for the tips on adding external programs into the menu!

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software

Last edited by TechBill; 11-02-2008 at 12:19 AM.