SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:27 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.3.8

Hi everyone,

SageMC 6.3.8 is finally available.

Mike deserves almost all of the credit for this release, he worked like crazy to put this all together...

Here's the list of changes:
  • Fix: Updated dead link to DTD file in sagemc_menu.xml
  • Fix: Updated IMDB jar file to latest version.
  • Added: ‘Default STV Online Services’ menu which links to Online Services in default STV.
  • Change: Selecting ‘Detailed Steup’ in the Settings menu now switches to the current Default STV.
  • Change: Linked ‘Channel Setup’ button in Settings menu to video source setup in default STV.
  • Added: ‘Online’ command listener linked to Default STV Online Services menu
  • Fix: In ‘Search by Category’, subcategory text appears behind selection bar
  • Added: Dynamic Submenu background can be set in theme.properties using the property Background/Dynamic_Submenu_by_nielm=
  • Change: FixedFocus menu transition animation from Smooth to Morph
  • Fix: Made current time indicator in Video OSD transparent to mouse clicks. Can now jump to times close to current playing time via mouse click.
  • Fix: MenuItem initialization in FixedFocus menus
  • Fix: Left-as-Back in Dynamic Submenus. Separate option setting removed.
  • Fix: Tuners appearing in song list in Music Library
  • Change: Weather 10 day forecast to 4 day forecast (day and night)
  • Added: option to select default SageTV behavior for DVD FF/REW
  • Added: option to select default SageTV behavior for DVD SkipFw2/SkipBack2
  • Fix: Video OSD Animations
  • Added: Separate setting for random slideshow screensaver
  • Added: ‘Save’ button to popup Stop Dialog for LiveTV
  • Added: prevent ‘Toggle Fullscreen’ from appearing in Mediaplayer OSD Options menu when using SD or HD Extenders.
  • Fix: Aspect Ratio popup menu did not scale with number of available modes
  • Change: Limited Info OSD height (in MediaPlayer OSD) so that large cover art images do not cover the screen.
  • Added: First Character Jump-To popup in My Videos Genre view
  • Added: ‘Jump To’ popup in Recorded TV menu when Grouped by Title.
  • Change: Added animations to the Jump To popup in Video Library, Recorded TV, and Music Library. (required moving popup into an Options menu widget to get layer Z-order to draw correctly)
  • Change: Moved ‘Manage Groups’ button in My Videos to the Options Menu
  • Change: Moved ‘Play Other File’ button in My Videos to the Options Menu
  • Added: Filter button to My Videos (available filters are No Filter, Unwatched, DVD, non-DVD)
  • Added: Jump to first letter using NTE in Video Library, Recorded TV (when Grouped by Title), and Music Library. (Also, ‘1’ = Jump to top of list and ‘0’ = Jump to bottom of list)
  • Added: AllButMovies filter to Recorded TV menu. (respects nofilter_includes_archived setting)
  • Added: Timebar Padding Alpha (transparency) setting in OSD screen specific options.
  • Added: Check to make sure MediaPlayer is not loading or loaded before executing Auto DVD Profiler Import after automatic media import. (should prevent info OSD from popping up every 15min when DVD Profiler Auto Import is enabled)
  • Change: Create Playlist in Recorded TV now replaces an existing playlist of the same name after confirmation.
  • Added: Archive/Unarchive to Recorded TV Group Options.
  • Added: ‘Delete Watched Items’ button to Recorded TV Group Options and renamed ‘Delete’ to ‘Delete All’.
  • Added: Manage Playlists button to TV SubGroup.
  • Change: Limited icon height in Program Info menu (to 0.45). This should limit the display size of large icons.
  • Added: ‘Other Showings’ button to TV Subgroup menu.
  • Added: External STVi hooks in Video OSD for InfoOSD, DVDControls, TimeBar, and AspectMode displays. All (including MG) are now controlled via a single consolidated ‘OSD Style’ setting. Each panel now self checks for the existence of imported code when the ‘External’ style is enabled and will revert to default if that panel has not been provided by the STVi.
  • Fix: Mouse control in Boolean options in SageMC Options screen.
  • Fix: Slideshow fade transition on STX-HD100. Available when core animations are enabled and Fade is selected.
  • Added: Morph and Random slideshow transitions when core animations are enabled.
  • Added: Airing Browser screen based on Movies screen. Can select any available primary category for browsing. Setting is sticky.
  • Added: Airing Browser integration setting to SageMC Options screen. Can be set to replace Movies screen from My TV.
  • Fix: MiniGuide animation when Left arrow is pressed.
  • Added: Buttons to jump to music by Artist, music in Genre, and Album Detail in Now Playing screen. (as per mickp’s feature request)
  • Added: For STVi developers: Can now specify the ‘In’ and ‘Out’ animations separately for each OSD panel. Just change the animation string in the LayoutStarted hook for your new panel. Use the existing panel’s hook as a template.
  • Added: Alpha setting for Stop Popup menu in OSD screen specific settings.
  • Added: ‘Create Person Favorite’ button in options menu for ‘Person’ IMDB Search result.
  • Added: ‘Create Title/LeadRole Favorite’ button in options menu for ‘Title’ IMDB search result.
  • Added: Customization setting to Video Preview Panel to toggle display with TitleGraphic or MainIconPanel. The selected UI element will disappear when the preview panel is active and reactivate when the panel disappears.
  • Added: Dock menu style. Added dock_background.png to default theme.
  • Added: ‘Preserve Ex-Favorite Recordings’ setting in Recording Options screen. (default = true). This will cause orphaned recordings after cancellation of a Favorite to be converted to Manual recordings.
  • Added: Horizontal Parallel Schedule screen based on EPG. Added ‘Parallel View’ button to Schedule screen.
  • Added: Option to automatically skip time blocks with no scheduled recordings in Parallel Schedule screen using right and left arrows. Defaults to Enabled. May be disabled in MyTV screen specific settings.
  • Added: Conflict icon in Parallel Schedule screen for scheduled recordings that cause (unresolved) conflicts. Pressing Select on an item with the conflict icon takes you to the Conflict Detailed Info screen for that conflict.
  • Added: Background Overlay image to theme (background_overlay.png)
  • Added: Background Overlay transparency setting to theme.properties (Alpha/BackgroundOverlay with default = 255)
  • Added: BackgroundOverlay/Menus property to theme.properties. Valid values are “All”, “Main Menu”, and “Dynamic Menus”. “Dynamic Menus” will enable the overlay in the Main Menu and any Dynamic Submenus when Dynamic Menus are enabled.
  • Added: Ticker in Main Menu is now customizable. (position, scale, height) Original functionality of avoiding preview panel is still in place when the ticker is at position y = 1.0.
  • Added: Numeric Time Jump ‘Percent’ Mode: While the TimeBar is displayed in the Video OSD, 0-9 numeric entry will seek to location number*10% (i.e. 1 = 10%, 9 = 90%) of the available timeline.
  • Added: Numeric Time Jump ‘Minute’ Mode: Second time jump mode available during media playback in which you enter the time to jump to in minutes and then press FF or REW to execute the jump. This can be done at any time during playback and will not require the time bar to be visible. If a time beyond the end of the media file is entered, it will jump to 1 minute before the end of the file. This mode will be the default setting. The option to switch modes has been added to the OSD screen specific settings menu.
  • Added: bialio’s HText menu!
  • Added: New customizable Menu Graphic to main menu. (add menu_graphic.png to theme)
  • Added: Z-Order control and mouse transparency to Title Graphic.
  • Added: Option (in Video Library and My TV screen specific options) to display full file path in Program Info screen when the file name is displayed.
  • Added: Option (in Global UI Options > Behavior) to make Dynamic Menu Shortcut Keys global. (Can be used to jump to a filtered media library screen, for example)
  • Fix: Black screen requiring restart on HD Extender when Preview Panel or Ticker are selected in Screen Customization Menu. Replaced Shape widget with external image file (ObjectHighlight.png)
  • Change: In empty IMBD Search results, changed ‘Back to Video Library’ to generic ‘Back’ to handle returning to alternate calling screens, including filtered library views.
  • Fix: Miscellaneous small bug fixes and improvements

Update instructions:

- shut down the UI
- unzip *all* files in the download file
- restart the UI
- load the new STV

The dev package (includes only new STV and JARs) and the full installation package are available for download here:

SageMC 6.3.8 update
SageMC 6.3.8 full install

Enjoy,

Mike & Dirk
Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks guys for all the work on this. It's a nice improvement and takes care of several nagging bugs from past versions. I like the new features of course too. Great job!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Awesome. Thanks Guys. Installing now...

Mick.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Thanks for the effort guys!!

I have a problem with this theme and my extenders.
I have an install of Sage which is clean (SageMC never installed)
I unzipped the full version tonight into the SageTV Directory.
Started the UI on the Sagetv Server, switched to SageMC, no problem, looks good.
Started HD100 extender, switched to SageMC, Black screen, in the upper left two lines say Failed to load SageMen..... and Fall back to standard.....
Bottom right weather info, top right time and date. I deleted the Client properites and ran through the setup for the client again with the same results. .Any ideas?

EDIT:
Got it fixed. Had to shut down SageTV Service, not just the UI, Delete the properties file for the extender, then start SageTV Service, boot the extender, run through basic setup, then select SageMC

Last edited by mikejaner; 10-17-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Guys,

Make sure you back up or rename your existing sagemc_menu.xml file if you have made any changes to it. Otherwise it will be overwritten with the new on in both the full and update downloads.

I also just noticed that the background image file for the dock menu is missing from the download. We'll get that fixed up.

There are lots of sites where you can download Mac dock graphics. If you find one you like, just rename the background image to dock_background.png and drop it into your theme folder. You will then have to either restart the SageTV UI or reload the theme for the image to show up.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: Image file attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png dock_background.png (42.3 KB, 708 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-18-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Wow! Thanks a million guys! I love the visual enhancements and the overal polished look. Thanks for fixing countless things.

I have a few comment related to the horizontal schedule. First of all, I think I will be using this feature many times a day!

Also,

I think font and icon sizes need a little bit polishing. They dont seem to scale too well when going from full screen to window.

Also, now that I know how to link menus to Custom 1, Custom 2, etc for direct access with my remote control... what is the horizontal parallel schedule called so I can link Custom 5 to it?

PS: There seems to be a small bug when trying to go back in time. If I hit "left" the whole menu locks up. I dont have any problems going into the future schedule.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-18-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Sweet, been waiting for this.

Thankyou

Edit: Whats "Added: bialio’s HText menu!" ? Never mind I've worked it out

Last edited by jaminben; 10-18-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey there,

Superb job on the new version Mike and Dirk. Thanks also for including the extra music navigation options.

I've just been doing some dvd profiler imports and notice that imports with multi disc sets don't appear to be happening any more. I had been using an improved DVDPro2Sage by ryttingm here which allows you to enter file/directory names as additional discs in dvd profiler rather than updating the "original title" field for situations where you have multi disc sets.

I've tried replacing the DVDPro2Sage directory but that seems to completely break the import process. Any ideas?

Mick.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
...still a valid question. What is it?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Its a new Main Menu style like fixed focus, icons etc.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Make sure you back up or rename your existing sagemc_menu.xml file if you have made any changes to it. Otherwise it will be overwritten with the new on in both the full and update downloads.

I also just noticed that the background image file for the dock menu is missing from the download. We'll get that fixed up.
Thanks Mike, didn't catch those...
Both downloads have been updated with the missing background file.

Dirk
Old 10-18-2008, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sweet, been waiting for this.

Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Quote:
Its a new Main Menu style like fixed focus, icons etc.
Last night I posted an overview about some of the new features. The post includes several screen-shots displaying examples of the different menu styles and a short screen-cast of the new dock menu style. Just keep in mind when you look at the screen-shots that I had the background messed up a bit when I took those - from testing some other stuff...

SageMC 6.3.8 New Features Overview
Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Looks great -- thanks so much to Mike and Dirk for helping the community out with this great replacement UI.

(and thanks to Brent for keeping up on changes, and posting summaries on his site.)
Matt
Old 10-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

The Filter view in My Videos, etc doesnt get remembered like the list/folder view and the file system / groups / genre. etc view does.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "All Videos" selection? I have multiple menu items pointing to dvds, each one set to filter based on a different import directory. One import directory has G and PG movies and the other has all the rest of our movies. The G and PG one is wide open the other one is password pin code protected. But of course our kids found they can get around that by going into the PG dvd menu and choosing "All Videos." So is there a way I can take that setting out of the list?
Old 10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Great work Dirk and Mike. Good to see a substantial update, although, it will take me a while to sort through all the additions!

This should give me a reason to update to Sage 6.4 now...just have to deal with the fact that I will have to setup my HDHR...again.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

In case the SageTV forums has trouble in the future like it did this morning, I've seeded a torrent for both the full version and the update version of SageMC 6.3.8
Feel free to join me in seeding. Posted links in the SageMC blog post also.

SageMC 6.3.8 Upgrade Install Torrent (only for upgrades from other versions of SageMC)
SageMC 6.3.8 Full Install Torrent (only for new SageMC installs)

Last edited by Brent; 10-18-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Whoo! Thanks fellas, mucho appreciated!
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 10-18-2008, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Can someone tell me how to change the blue transparency color in SageMC from blue to a no color grey transparency? I remember changing this before, but can't remember where...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-18-2008, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Just to be sure, the IMDB import function is partially broken because of a IMDB site change right? I think this is something that needs to be fixed on the IMDB import jar - not a problem with SageMC but want someone to confirm this is correct.

No summary
No Cast
No Backstage

So it only imports the cover image right now - is that right?