SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

NetFlix for SageMC Install Problem

A couple of months ago I had NetFlix for SageMC installed. Since then I have done a clean install of SageTV (v6.4.4beta). I figured I would give the new NetFlix for SageMC v2.0 a try, especially with the new found ability to use Watch It Now on an extender.

I hope this is where it does not sound too stupid. I get SageMC installed (v6.3.7a_full) and it works great. I then extract the NetFlix for SageMC files to the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory. With SageMC_169.xml set as my SageTV Application Package, I go to SageTV -> My Menu -> Settings -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Import SageTV Application Package and see nothing in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3 directory to choose from. Even though when I go to the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3 directory in Windows Explorer the NetFlix_SageMC.xml file is there. Am I looking in the wrong place? I thought NetFlix for SageMC was supposed to be imported, is it not? Am I missing something? Any ideas as to why I am not able to import NetFlix for SageMC, or at least not even able to see the file to select it?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Just go to SageTV -> My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi and you should find it from there. The other path was likely looking for .STV files.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Just go to SageTV -> My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi and you should find it from there. The other path was likely looking for .STV files.
Morgan,

That was it. I can now add it to my menus. I knew it had to be something easy I was missing. Thanks.

However, I still have problems. I went through the setup and put in my ID, username, and password. When I go to Browse DVD Titles or Browse Watch Now Titles, I get no results. There is nothing in either one. When I go to Manage Queue, I see my queue, but I am unable to make changes. I tell it to move an item up or down and then Save, but when I go back to Manage Queue or look online, My Queue has not actually changed. Thoughts? Any help would be great. Thanks again.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am working with someone to take care of that problem which seems to be a problem for some but not others (like me). Hopefully that can be fixed soon. Searches should work OK for you as well.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Interesting. I was hoping it was something easy that I was missing again.

Yes, I can Search Movie Titles and View Channels, but that seems to be it. I restarted everything and I still can not Browse Watch Now Titles, Browse DVD Titles, or modify my Queue. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Sage User

Update ???

Was wondering if there was any additional information available regarding the problem mentioned in this thread?

I just converted over to SageMC from the standard UI. I installed the Netflix plugin and I have the exact same problem --> I have entered the correct login information in the setup, but the plugin cannot communicate with Netflix to find my queues.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide
Old 07-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Sage Expert

If you can see but can't manage the queue, I think that's because NetFlix changed their site and the plugin is now broken. If you can't see your queue at all, double check that you have the username, password, and the user ID entered correctly on the server. If you are using an extender, setup everything on the server using the SageTV Client on the server and get it working there first. I'm pretty sure you can only use one queue with the NetFlix plugin. It won't work as expected if you try to setup multiple queues on multiple extenders, but you should be able to setup multiple queues on multiple PC clients with the NetFlix plugin. Once it's setup and working on the server, you'll have to copy the netflix plugin properties from the SageTV server .properties file into your extender .properties file(s) in the SageTV\clients directory.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 07-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Sage User

Response

*I cannot see or manage the queue
*I have double checked the username and password. These both work on my PC and my iPod Touch to log me into to Netflix.
*Not sure what the user ID is. There is nothing in the Netflix account information that specifies what this is and neither the PC login or my iPod Touch programs ask for a user ID. I'm wondering if there is supposed to be something there I need to enter but I have no idea what it is.
*I have only two queues --> DVD and Instant
*I agree I should try to get working on server 1st. Currently, neither the server or the extender work.
*Probably true that Netflix changed something and the plugin needs to be updated. There is a lot of Netflix activity going on lately, with the most recent being the Netflix plugin showing up in Samsung Blu Ray DVD players. I'm really really hoping that Sage can integrate the Netflix into SageMC and take it mainstream similar to what Samsung, Roku, etc. has done.
*Any additional thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
*I cannot see or manage the queue
*I have double checked the username and password. These both work on my PC and my iPod Touch to log me into to Netflix.
*Not sure what the user ID is. There is nothing in the Netflix account information that specifies what this is and neither the PC login or my iPod Touch programs ask for a user ID. I'm wondering if there is supposed to be something there I need to enter but I have no idea what it is.
*I have only two queues --> DVD and Instant
*I agree I should try to get working on server 1st. Currently, neither the server or the extender work.
*Probably true that Netflix changed something and the plugin needs to be updated. There is a lot of Netflix activity going on lately, with the most recent being the Netflix plugin showing up in Samsung Blu Ray DVD players. I'm really really hoping that Sage can integrate the Netflix into SageMC and take it mainstream similar to what Samsung, Roku, etc. has done.
*Any additional thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
DVD and instant queue should be fine. Instead of saying multiple queues, I should have said multiple account profiles where each family member can have their own queue. So, if you have multiple family members where each have their own username/password and have their own queue, then only one account profile (ie. only one user queue) can be setup and controlled via the extenders and server.

The NetFlix ID is required by the plugin in order to see the queue. I don't know why it isn't documented in the first post of the NetFlix for SageMC thread, but in the NetFlix Configuration screen in SageTV it tells you how to find it:

"To find your ID, log into NetFlix. Click on 'Your Account'. At the bottom of this page, you can enter the RSS Feeds section through the 'RSS' link. Below the instructions on this page you will see links such as 'Queue'. Below the links are the corresponding ulr for the RSS feeds that looks something similar to http://rss.netflix.com/QueueRSS?id=<xxxx>. Copy the <xxxx> part minus the '<>' and use it as your ID below."

Long story short, log in to your NetFlix account, and then go to this link:
http://www.netflix.com/RSSFeeds?lnkctr=mfRSS

Once there, you'll see the RSS feed links as described above. Your NetFlix ID is the 'P' with the long string of numbers after it. In the RSS feed link, copy the P and all of the numbers after the '?id=' and paste it into the NetFlix ID field in the SageTV NetFlix Configuration screen. This should take care of the problems with not seeing your queue. Until the netflix.jar is updated though, you still might not be able to add anything to or manage existing titles in your queue from the SageTV NetFlix plugin

I'll mention it again...do this part of the configuration on the server. If you do it only from the extender, it won't work. Unless this behavior has been changed in the SageTV core, doing the configuration on the extender will put the configuration lines into the extender .properties file and not in the main SageTV server .properties file where it needs to be in order for the NetFlix plugin on the server to comminicate the proper login details and ID to NetFlix. Once it's working on the server, you should be able to enter the same info in on the extenders. Instead of configuring the extenders individually with the remote, here is an easier way: Shut down SageTV (stop SageTV Service), open the sage.properties file on the server, and copy all of the lines that start with plugins/netflix/. Then go to the SageTV\clients folder and open each of the .properties files in there. In each of the clients .properties files, delete any existing lines that start with plugins/netflix/ and paste in the lines that you copied from the sage.properties file.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters

Last edited by robogeek; 07-20-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I guess I will through in my 2 cents to provide an update since my original issues noted in the initial posts. I got everything, except queue management, working not long after the help from Morgan in the second post. I have since built a new server and installed everything on it 6 months ago. Once again everything worked great except queue management. Over the past year and several installs and reinstalls on two different computers with even reformats in there once or twice, I have never gotten queue management to work. From the best I can figure after reading many threads on queue management issues, and as Modgan states in the 4th post of this thread, it looks like there are just some people that can do queue management and people that can not. I seem to be in the can not bucket. Hopefully one day it will start working, however it really is just a minor issue for me. I love the import and love having the ability to watch Netflix Watch Now movies on my SageTV system. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the development of this great import.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Sage User

Response

10-4, I really appreciate the additional tutoring all of that worked.

Previously, I blazed right past the instructions regarding the Netflix user ID

I can now see my queue's but, similar to the previous post, cannot manage them. That's still better than what I had so a step in the right direction

Now I need to figure out how to get the Watch Now working. Currently, it isn't working so that will be my next research topic

Thanks again for the help...