SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I got rid of those because once you get them on a real TV you can't see them. I'll see if I have them on disc still though....
Old 05-31-2009, 05:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Steps :

1) import Serenity_beta9.xml
2) *Optional* Set theme to "Serenity"
3) *Optional* Import Layout file ("All") serenity.layout
4) *Optional* Restore backup file serenity.backup
I'll admit I am not exactly sure about the STV and STVi installs and all that. But I have managed to run SageMC for quite a awhile and would like to try this flavor but it didn't go to well.

Been on a recent updating binge.
SageTV = 6.5.16.211
SageMC STV = 6.3.9
Updated the SageMC on the server, and left the HD200s alone. Do I need to re-import Sage 16x9.xml on the HD200's??

In any case I downloaded Serenity RC1.
Stopped SageTV service on server
Unzipped and moved / overwrote package contents as follows.
Code:
serenity_menu.xml        = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
serenity_menu_linux.xml  = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
SageMCE (folder)         = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE
Serenity_Full_RC1.xml    = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3
Reboot

Restart sage service

Connect with placeshifter and load Serenity_Full_RC1.xml. Screen goes black, does not reappear.

Shutdown placeshifter

Relaunch placeshifter & reconnect: same thing... black screen.

Behavior is the same on an HD200.

I restored my SageTV folder and am back to my original setup.
I am unsure of steps 3 & 4, but that's moot as I cannot get past step 1.
What am I missing here?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Slack, as someone who has done that I'll throw in my .02 Cents. If you just try and load the Serenity.xml as a STV it will be blank, you need to import it into the SageMC.xml as a STVI:
First load up the STV of SageMC 6.3.9.xml (whatever version you have) then do Import STVi and load the Serenity.xml file and you should be set. Then you will notice an incremented version of SageMC.xml with a -1 on it use that and load that as your STV (not STVi) on the HD200 and you will see it on the extender as well.

Regards,
Brian
Old 05-31-2009, 05:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks one quick question when I import the STVi into SageMC. Do I want the FULL version. The package contains two xmls

Serenity_Full_RC1
Serenity_RC1
Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Just as a FYI, if you ever install an STVi and do it wrong and you get a black screen, goto C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV and find the client.properties file. Look for STV= and delete whatever is after the = and save. This will then take you back to the default Sage STV. Sometimes easier than restoring a working version.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack View Post
Thanks one quick question when I import the STVi into SageMC. Do I want the FULL version. The package contains two xmls

Serenity_Full_RC1
Serenity_RC1
The download page has the instructions, as well as what those two xml files are for. Either one will work, but not BOTH.

btl.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
3) *Optional* Import Layout file ("All") serenity.layout
4) *Optional* Restore backup file serenity.backup

If you have questions about steps 3 and 4 I can expand on those.

Quite a bit is tweakable - hit options from My TV to get to the main Serenity options. Most screens that are Serenity-ized will have a menu item Serenity Options if they don't take you straight there from the normal options menu.

btl.
Dunno what 3 is all about. I tried importing the menu.xml from the package but it fails to import.

I have the theme up and running in SageMCE quite nice. However I cannot seem to get the main menu to the 'alternate' menu style like the screen caps shown in this thread. I have the standard vertical Rolodex style.

Other than that I am liking this.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

For #3 - from the main menu hit options, then 'Customize Screen Layout', then 'Import/Export Layout', then 'Import All'. Select serenity.layout and it will change your main menu to the alternate style.

For the menu.xml, you don't have to do anything with it directly. If you do step 4 that file gets used.....

btl.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
I got rid of those because once you get them on a real TV you can't see them. I'll see if I have them on disc still though....
Ahh, I see.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
For #3 - from the main menu hit options, then 'Customize Screen Layout', then 'Import/Export Layout', then 'Import All'. Select serenity.layout and it will change your main menu to the alternate style.

For the menu.xml, you don't have to do anything with it directly. If you do step 4 that file gets used.....

btl.
thank you
Old 06-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Bialio,

I love the work you've done on this. I've done some tweaking for my personal preferences and it got me wondering. What was the reason you're not using the fanart settings that are built into MC for the cycling? I'm sure there is a good reason. I was considering trying to change over to using it, but I don't want to waste my time if there's a significant gotcha. Any advice?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

The cycling is part of the Menu THEME - which I took out of my screens Serenity screens. It'd probably be easier to go in and add cycling into Serenity than it would be to use what's built into MC.

In theory it's just a timer plus a call to Refresh() - although instead of a random background everytime probably you'd want to just shuffle the list and then iterate through from the top to the bottom.

btl.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious... but is there a way in the TV screens to force a fanart search? I have been unable to make anything work automatically, but I can pull fanart with a manual search. Is there a way to do this with Serenity?

Thanks

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

How does one do step 4? Load serenity.backup.

Thx

Also, is there anyway to install on sageclient?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

One more question. How can I get the EPG to color code for movies, etc. It looks like the default is grayscale.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

for number 4, navigate to the SageMC settings screen - from there you will have the option under "Main" to "Restore SageMC Options" - select that and the select serenity.backup.

Step 4 will also do the EPG - but there's a setting for that in Screen Specific -> EPG -> Guide Coloring Method. You want that set to "Property" instead of "image"

btl.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
for number 4, navigate to the SageMC settings screen - from there you will have the option under "Main" to "Restore SageMC Options" - select that and the select serenity.backup.

Step 4 will also do the EPG - but there's a setting for that in Screen Specific -> EPG -> Guide Coloring Method. You want that set to "Property" instead of "image"

btl.
Thanks. I will give it a go. I already go the EPG setting, sorry, should have searched around the forum for that I thought is was maybe specific to Serenity. FYI, I also figured out you install in sageclient just like sage media center.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Finally got a chance to test this. Fantastic job on this, thanks again.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Edit: it's working now.

Last edited by Peter_h; 06-10-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Day and/or Date in EPG

Is there a way to enable the Day/Date in the EPG? In the default SageMC EPG, this is in the top left corner of the table above the channel numbers.

I have the SageMC_24HrSkip installed which skips fwd or back 24 hours using the skip #2 buttons. Without the display of at least the day, you have to keep track of how many button presses you've made to know for sure what day you are looking at.

Thanks