SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM
SageTVaholic

There's not a folder view in either screen. Both are 'location neutral' - they just pull from everywhere and give you one list.

I wouldn't expect any episodes to show up in both TV and Video screens though - they should be in one or the other.......

btl.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had a recent wiz.bin failure, so my recorded TV folder has a bunch of old episodes that are not part of my current wiz.bin. Those show up listed individually in "My Videos".

If I have a folder with multiple videos in it (moviepart1.avi, moviepart2.avi) they show up individually.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 02-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bialio, has the background scaling for the tv screen been updated to fix extenders since the first beta? Or is the current download the same.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

The scaling is fixed in beta 2.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

bialio, love it thank you!

Question, I'm having recorded shows appear twice in the record TV list. Any ideas? I've disabled importing videos to test, they're still there twice in some cases.

I can attach a screen shot if you want, let me know!

- Cha
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

bialio,

Great import! A few things I have noticed:

1. When deleting a show, playback of the current show stops.
2. The watched button has no effect in the TV subgroup menu. Is it possible to make the watched button set the show as watched.
3. Would it be possible to add an option to delete all episodes from the TV list menu?
4. When using the play button to start playback from the TV subgroup menu, sometimes the recording does not resume but will start from the beginning.
5. Would it be possible to add the video preview to the Video Library screen similar to the preview in the recorded TV screen.

Thanks for all the hardwork. I am now using this replace the default SageMC TV and Video screens and am very pleased.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
bialio,

Great import! A few things I have noticed:

1. When deleting a show, playback of the current show stops.
2. The watched button has no effect in the TV subgroup menu. Is it possible to make the watched button set the show as watched.
3. Would it be possible to add an option to delete all episodes from the TV list menu?
4. When using the play button to start playback from the TV subgroup menu, sometimes the recording does not resume but will start from the beginning.
5. Would it be possible to add the video preview to the Video Library screen similar to the preview in the recorded TV screen.

Thanks for all the hardwork. I am now using this replace the default SageMC TV and Video screens and am very pleased.
I'll look into fixing 1. 2 and 3 are planned for, just haven't got around to doing it yet.

4. This is the way it works. Play starts at the beginning. Select resumes from where you left off (or starts at the beginning if you haven't viewed it yet)

5. Yes, I'll make that change.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the quick reply.
As to item 4, I trained myself to use the play button to avoid the program info screen. So I will train myself back to the select button. One thing I really like about your import is that it requires so few button presses to find and playback media.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

After about a week of using this, the thing holding me back from keeping it is the fact that it pulls all kinds of stuff from different watched folders. For instance, I have some podcasts in .m4a that now show up in "My Videos" as well as the aforementioned old recordings. It also doesn't group imported TV in the My TV menu. I really like the look though. Fantastic job on how when you select a recorded TV show, the whole list of shows pops over in a smaller window.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 02-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Sage User

I love this layout, but have the same problem with multiple files showing up in the video list. Every file in the video_ts folder for Quantum of Solace shows up individually. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Sage Beta 7;HD-300;Windows 7 64-bit;HP EX495 server with 7tb;Ceton 4-tuner cable card.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 AM

very nice theme just a few questions

im not sure if these have been asked before but if so i apologize for not searching for my answers more properly but i have tried to a certain extent

1.. why doesnt genre icons appear in the television section ? ive placed some in the proper locaton ,, so i think..

2.. would it be possible to change the order of the shows in the recorded tv section for episodes,, as of right now it when you record a tv show and it has multiple episodes,, it places the newly recorded shows first and the older ones last at the bottom of the list..

its kinda confusing when that happens because what if your trying to watch a show in the order it was originally broadcasted in.. it would be easier if older episodes were first on the list down to the newer ones

well thats about it for now that i can see, keep up the great work its very nice on the improvements that youve made.

thank you

Last edited by lost soul; 02-07-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what you mean about Genre Icons - there is some code in there to display Genre Fanart if there is none found for an item - but nothing for the icons.....

The final release will let you sort the episodes pop-up either ascending or descending, probably with a modification to the .properties file....

btl.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2BZ2P View Post
I love this layout, but have the same problem with multiple files showing up in the video list. Every file in the video_ts folder for Quantum of Solace shows up individually. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
How did you rip Quantum? I've got ripped BD and HD-DVD and they all show up as just a single entry.....

btl.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I'm not sure what you mean about Genre Icons - there is some code in there to display Genre Fanart if there is none found for an item - but nothing for the icons.....

The final release will let you sort the episodes pop-up either ascending or descending, probably with a modification to the .properties file....

btl.
well i didnt have any time to make a snap shot my self but this is what i mean in this pic that i found
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...shot-1_8BI.png

as you can see its the images for catergories for movies / shows / videos ... ect,, ect..

i cant seem to get them to pop up in television --> search ---> category

ive placed the genre icons in .../SageTV/STVs/SageTV3/Serenity/Images/GenreIcons

i hope that kinda explains better about what i was asking,,
Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

There Serenity2 screens don't use those at all. IF you were to load the original Serenity, and then goto Videos you will see those (the original Serenity didn't change the stock SageMC Videos, so you'de be able to get the results like the screen shot you found).

btl.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Sage User

Recordings not showing

bialio,

Just have to say that I love the Recorded TV layout however it did give me quite a scare last night. I thought that some recordings didn't take place last night but it turns out that the Recorded TV screen didn't update with new recordings until after I restarted my client. I've got more shows scheduled to record tonight so will let you know if it happens again. Thanks again for your hard work!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 PM

i have that same problem with shows not always showing up when they have been recorded,, but im not using sage on any clients,, just one unit..

it some times takes a restart of sage to get things in order

also some times shows dont always delete right away
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I see the same thing when shows are deleted - takes a while for them to actually disappear from the list, although they do get deleted right away. I haven't seen th issue with them not showing up right away, but I suspect they are related.

btl.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Sage User

I realy like the old version. Is there a easy way to keep the old version but get the mouse working on the home screen ?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Sage User

TV recordings

I really like the look of serenity and have been using it for about 3-4 months now, but I do not seem to have the ability to sort recordings anymore, and also on another machine I updated to Serenity 2 same issues with sorting but now I have a new issue with grouping the "Videos" area it will not group into folders...

Sorting (Serenity & Serenity 2):
it used to sort from last recorded (being at the top) to the oldest (bottom)...Now it does not seem to have similar logic, can't quite understand what it is doing, I get by it (quite manually) but would love it if I could restore the old sort. Has anybody had this happen? Or does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks...