SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

For Serenity, your sorting options are identical to what they are in normal SageMC. You can change the order by hitting options on one of the menu items in the Recorded TV screen. Ascending and Descending are the choices there.

For Serenity2, there is not a Folder or Filesystem view. Your only option there is the combined view. If you really like the folder navigation model, then S2 isn't for you! In S2 you can choose the sort order in Recorded TV - but the options are Alphabetical (by show title) and Newly Recorded on Top.

btl.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi!

Firstly, love this theme.. the look & usability are top notch & thanks for your work! Have two questions (using Serenity 2):

1. where is the "advanced record" button/feature in my tv now? you used to be able to go "Record" > "Advanced Record" in SageMC, now I dont see this anywhere in S2. Basically I want to be able to set manual padding for certain manual recordings (i.e. sports need longer padding than tv shows, so just having one default set through SageMC settings doesnt work and I really liked the "Advanced Record" button in MC).

2. I used to have a "Movies" and a "Videos" menu in SageMC and each was filtered by folder (i.e. I didnt want my home movies and video clips to be mixed with full length movies). Using S2 it appears it lumps all videos in the video import folders together in one view. My movies and videos are split into completely different folders on the NAS, so using the SageMC "Folder" view feature was quite handy. Anyway to replicate this same separation of movies and video in S2?

Thanks again!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
For Serenity, your sorting options are identical to what they are in normal SageMC. You can change the order by hitting options on one of the menu items in the Recorded TV screen. Ascending and Descending are the choices there.

For Serenity2, there is not a Folder or Filesystem view. Your only option there is the combined view. If you really like the folder navigation model, then S2 isn't for you! In S2 you can choose the sort order in Recorded TV - but the options are Alphabetical (by show title) and Newly Recorded on Top.

btl.
Thank you..... I took the serenity view out of my Videos area and that seems to work fine for me... My TV and other areas work great with Serenity 2... I really like the new look..... Really good job
Old 03-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post
Hi!

2. I used to have a "Movies" and a "Videos" menu in SageMC and each was filtered by folder (i.e. I didnt want my home movies and video clips to be mixed with full length movies). Using S2 it appears it lumps all videos in the video import folders together in one view. My movies and videos are split into completely different folders on the NAS, so using the SageMC "Folder" view feature was quite handy. Anyway to replicate this same separation of movies and video in S2?

Thanks again!
@Bialio

I'm having an issue with this as well. I *NEED* Folder View for all my Videos as they are not all properly tagged yet and having them all in one list makes it very bothersome to scroll through. I have various folders setup such as "Movies", "Television", "Comedy", "DVD", etc.....each with sub folders underneath for the various TV Shows, and then the various Seasons under that. Folder View missing is a complete deal breaker for me unfortunately.

Otherwise I love the changes, except for removing Folder View. Any way to have that back?

(Please don't interpret my comments as sounding ungrateful either. You have done amazing work on this theme, and I guess I (and others) don't understand the reason to remove Folder view.)

Last edited by Khristopher; 03-08-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I have no plans to implement the folder view for the new serenity (ie 2.0) screens. You can still use Serenity 1.0 - it maintains the folder view, but it doesn't have any updates for the 'My Videos' area like Serenity2.0 does.

btl.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can you mix and match Serenity versions? So use 1.0 for Videos and 2.0 for TV?

Another option is to use SMW for Videos and Serenity 2.0 for Recorded TV.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post

You could easily do the later by installing Serenity 2.0 and then SMW.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
You could easily do the later by installing Serenity 2.0 and then SMW.
That's how I have it setup. It's not clear to me if you can install multiple versions of Serenity?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

You shouldn't install more than one version of serenity. Serenity 2.0 is Serenity 1.0 + 2 new screens, but all of Serenity 1.0 is there. So if you install both you'd end up with weirdness.

btl.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post

Yes - Serenity 2.0 installed, and then make sure that the Video button is mapped to either the default SageMC video screen, or the alternate of your choice (ie SMW).

btl.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Yes - Serenity 2.0 installed, and then make sure that the Video button is mapped to either the default SageMC video screen, or the alternate of your choice (ie SMW).

btl.
Understood, thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Sage User

Is there a way to enable the Day/Date in the EPG? In the default SageMC EPG, this is in the top left corner of the table above the channel numbers.

Did this get resolved in the new beta update ?
Seems really good otherwise keep up the good work.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

It seems like the focus up until now has been on the TV and Movie screens. Any plans to expand to Music, Weather, etc...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

No plans for these in SageMC - in fact nothing else for SageMC, but Phoenix is coming - and it's awesome.

btl.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

not fair bialio, you know something you aren't sharing with the rest of the class?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

I guess I'm just gonna sit here and wait for Phoenix and Sage 7....back to working and watching tv