SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Sage User

Notifications of events on extenders and clients?

Is there any way that I can tap into Sage to determine what a user is starting/stopping? I know I could insert into the action with studio, but I want to be an outside listener to avoid issues.

Events that would be helpfull are Play Movie/Video. Pause Movie/Video. Power off extender. Power on extender. Play TV Show. Pause TV Show.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately, Sage does not allow for external Java programs to receive events from the Sage core. I have previously asked for this feature. I'd recommend submitting a feature request as well. The more who ask for it, the better the chances of it being implemented. Instead, the strategy is to poll in a worker thread periodically for the info you want to know, when the state changes then you assume that the event you're "monitoring" has occurred.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...