SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Sage User

No Sound on Extender

Great addition to SageTV, but I am stuck hope someone can help.

Using an MVP extender, with the VAC installed and configured as best I can follow. There seem to be some gaps in the setup procedure with the VAC. Here are my questions:

There are two audio repeaters (KS) or (MME), which one do I use and with either, what are the settings for wave in and/or out?

Also there is a control panel for this setup with quit extensive options. What is checked in the "Connected source lines"? Is volume control active?
here is a screenshot of the configurations. Hope I can get this fixed.

fyi, I hope to be able to start a site to document some of the best sage add ons.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacsetup.JPG (135.8 KB, 332 views)
Old 04-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
Just uploaded new maintenance version of this plugin: version 2.1.2:
  • new power button
  • includes fix for problems accessing Now Playing and Artist News menus in default STV version.

The new power button gives you a chance to manually power on or power off the slim player.
Use this in combination with the 3rd-party SqueezeCenter plugin PowerSave to automatically power off players when they are idle for a selectable period.
SqueezeCenter will only purge its filecache properly when all players are powered off.

cheers
- Chris

Chris,

Just to let you know that your power button option is working great! Filecache is no longer endlessly building. We power down slimplayer whenever we are done with it, and now no problems! Thanks a million!

-Steve
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkopp View Post
Great addition to SageTV, but I am stuck hope someone can help.

Using an MVP extender, with the VAC installed and configured as best I can follow. There seem to be some gaps in the setup procedure with the VAC. Here are my questions:

There are two audio repeaters (KS) or (MME), which one do I use and with either, what are the settings for wave in and/or out?

Also there is a control panel for this setup with quit extensive options. What is checked in the "Connected source lines"? Is volume control active?
here is a screenshot of the configurations. Hope I can get this fixed.

fyi, I hope to be able to start a site to document some of the best sage add ons.

The audio repeater is not part of the target configuration.
You only need the audio repeater tool for verification that VAC is indeed receiving audio from slimplayer. Setup wave in to Virtual Cable 1 and wave out to you local soundcard wave in. Start playback in slimplayer. Make sure you have set VAC as output device in slimplayer's setup menu. In this you should hear audio from your local audio card , i.e. on the server!

- Chris
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

artist info update available for download

Just uploaded a fix to correct missing artist info caused by recent changes to yahoo's music site.
Just unzip the file into the sagetv base folder overwriting the existing files:
slimplayer-ai.xml and slimplayer-ai-news.xml.
No restart of sageTV is necessary.

http://code.google.com/p/slimplayerp...downloads/list

cheers
- Chris
Old 05-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Sage User

Chris,

Any plans for a Sage 7 version? (I want my Slacker radio.

-Nathan
Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

It will be out soon:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=324

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicat View Post
Chris,

Any plans for a Sage 7 version? (I want my Slacker radio.

-Nathan

***RIP SageTV***

Tags
deezer, lastfm, pandora, podcasts, shoutcast, sirius, slacker