SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you try typing, "softsqueeze" on google.com? You would be surprised what shows up on the first hit That's the latest full installer for softsqueeze (version 3.8). It still fully supported as an official plugin; and, kept up-to-date.

There's also a beta version out, 3.9: which you can download here; which even has a dedicated forum thread just for that beta release active forum thread here. I use version 3.9b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
I don't know where to get SoftSqueeze. it redirect me to another appp called Squeezeplay or something like that and it doesn't work...

I think I'll do the same and wait a couple of day for the new version.... 2-3 days more or less on 3 years.... not a big deal...

Thank you !

Z.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
That's the latest full installer for softsqueeze (version 3.8). It still fully supported as an official plugin; and, kept up-to-date.

There's also a beta version out, 3.9: which you can download here; which even has a dedicated forum thread just for that beta release active forum thread here. I use version 3.9b.
Ooopss!

I guess I didn't do my homework...

I saw in the squeezeenter that it was phased out.... but I should had known better....

Anyway thank you for the infos, I'll look into it tonite.

Z.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Slightly off topic...

The new product Squeezeplay isnt as good as Softsqueeze...yet. It has a BIG limitation. You cant specify a DNS name for the Squeezecenter only numeric IP under it's setting; which is a deal breaker for me on my machines that I dont have sageTV clients installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
Ooopss!

I guess I didn't do my homework...

I saw in the squeezeenter that it was phased out.... but I should had known better....

Anyway thank you for the infos, I'll look into it tonite.

Z.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Version 2.1 for default STV and SageMC STV released

Hi,

I just uploaded v2.1 of this plugin.
The most important change is that it now includes an update of the STVI for SageMC. You'll need SageMC3.9.1a for this.
Read all about it in the first post of this thread.

- Chris
Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Thank you very much for the SageMC version of this. It seems to be working without issue.

Only problem I have found is that it does not appear under the MyMusic menu. I added it via a dynamic menu and all is fine. Is this an issue, as in the instructions it says it should appear under MyMusic?

Regards,

Nick.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Hi,

Thank you very much for the SageMC version of this. It seems to be working without issue.

Only problem I have found is that it does not appear under the MyMusic menu. I added it via a dynamic menu and all is fine. Is this an issue, as in the instructions it says it should appear under MyMusic?

Regards,

Nick.
Nick,
Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, it should appear in the MyMusic sub menu on the Main menu.
I will look at this, maybe I made a mistake in the final distribution.

- Chris
Old 08-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

please help updating

This is probably not a plugin issue but this seemed to be the best place for this question (but the real problem could be that I am dense-it's happened before). I have been using the slimplayer1 plugin for years and love it. I am trying to move to 2. I use a customized version of the default stv.

Using the stvi import manager in the setup menu I removed 1.1 and added 2.1 without rebuilding but I still see the old slimplayer when I open SageStudio it still opens from my custom music menu but I get a wrong version of jar file error

If I force a rebuild it reverts to the default STV but 2.1 is available in online services and works fine.

Is there any way to import the STVi into my custom STV?

Thanks a lot.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm curious how Chris will answer this one. But, I think if you explain how your stv is different from the original stv (and which STV it originates from) it would help a lot.

Too bad you haven't turned your customizations into an STVi that you can simply load as a plugin when a new STV is relased by sage. Good luck and sorry I couldnt help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post
This is probably not a plugin issue but this seemed to be the best place for this question (but the real problem could be that I am dense-it's happened before). I have been using the slimplayer1 plugin for years and love it. I am trying to move to 2. I use a customized version of the default stv.

Using the stvi import manager in the setup menu I removed 1.1 and added 2.1 without rebuilding but I still see the old slimplayer when I open SageStudio it still opens from my custom music menu but I get a wrong version of jar file error

If I force a rebuild it reverts to the default STV but 2.1 is available in online services and works fine.

Is there any way to import the STVi into my custom STV?

Thanks a lot.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

my customizations

I didn't do anything major, just a bunch of time consuming little changes (my home screen is Recordings, Other TV, Video, Music, Pictures, Setup) so I have a custom TV menu that has the guide, search, etc. I have also renamed almost every menu so my wife can figure out what is what. I will try to figure out how to create an STVi. Any suggestions on best places to start?

Thanks again.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm curious, the changes you are talking about can be done in the "dynamic menus" addon for the standard STV; which doesnt require for you to have a custom STV. The menu information (ie menu names, sub menus, etc) all get saved to an xml file. I would just get the latest clean STV, load dynamic menus, make your custom changes really quick, then load this STVi. You'll need dynamic menus anyway to add Slimplayer on your menu and give it the name you want to call it.. like Internet Radio.

If think the below link is to the latest dynamic menu for the standard STV:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sage...c%20menu/v6.4/

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ic+menu+plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post
I didn't do anything major, just a bunch of time consuming little changes (my home screen is Recordings, Other TV, Video, Music, Pictures, Setup) so I have a custom TV menu that has the guide, search, etc. I have also renamed almost every menu so my wife can figure out what is what. I will try to figure out how to create an STVi. Any suggestions on best places to start?

Thanks again.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-21-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
Can reproduce the problem with debug logging turn on?
Then post the log file sagetv_0.txt or send a private message.

- Chris
Reproduced with debug enabled, here is the file. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
Reproduced with debug enabled, here is the file. Thanks for your help.
Seems like you try to run both softsqueeze and slimplayer at the same time on the same machine. This will not work. In the slimplayer log file I see connection to squeezecenter is disconnected every 100ms or so.
So, before starting sage exit softsqueeze. You can run softsqueeze concurrently from a different machine with no problem, but then it's a considered to be a different player by squeezecenter. Softsqueeze takes the MACAddress of your network card to be the player-id, so you cannnot have two instances of softsqueeze(or slimplayer) running on the same machine.

If stopping softsqueeze before starting sagetv helps, I suggest you install v2.1 of this plugin, because configuration has improved a lot.

- Chris
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok, so I installed this add-in for sageMC but I am not understading how to use this.

I setup the softsqueeze software setup a new account via the tray icon and set it to allow my pandora, last FM, and slacker accounts.

Now, I can't get it to do anything. If I go to the web interface, i can start a station and then I see it come up in slimplayer in sage.

However, I am not sure hot to navigate through the different stations/services in slimplayer. I also don't have any buttons to play or stop the stream.

Also, can someone please explain this step from the setup instructions in the readme?

Quote:
7 At this moment select either EXCLUSIVE or INDEPENDENT mode to verify basic operation works
I don't see where to set this mode.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Press the navigate button on the Slimplayer menu and use your arrow keys or sageTV remote control arrow keys. Navigating, is the same exact way as using a Squeezebox. You can then start adding Favorite radio stations; which provide you quick universal access to any radio station regardless of which Internet radio service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Ok, so I installed this add-in for sageMC but I am not understading how to use this.

I setup the softsqueeze software setup a new account via the tray icon and set it to allow my pandora, last FM, and slacker accounts.

Now, I can't get it to do anything. If I go to the web interface, i can start a station and then I see it come up in slimplayer in sage.

However, I am not sure hot to navigate through the different stations/services in slimplayer. I also don't have any buttons to play or stop the stream.

Also, can someone please explain this step from the setup instructions in the readme?

Thanks.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok, I got that much but how do I choose, slacker and then navigate through the different stations?

When I hit navigate, the options I have are "Settings, Extras, Favorites, Music Stores, Music Services, Internet Radio, Music Library, Now Playing, and Squeeze Network."

I thought that I would go to "Internet Radio" but when I select that, nothing happens. It changes what is displayed in the slim device window but nothing else is displayed.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you saying you cant find Slacker, Pandora, etc under Music Services? that's odd. You can also add/remove exactly what items you want to see after hitting Navigate by going under "Settings" under SqueezeCenter, "Player" tab, then select menus. Dont forget to also change audio setting for the player to Proxied like mentioned in the instructions.. It would be worth exploring SqueezeCenter and seeing how it affect your player; as this is the engine responsible for Slimplayer.

Quote:
Ok, I got that much but how do I choose, slacker and then navigate through the different stations?

When I hit navigate, the options I have are "Settings, Extras, Favorites, Music Stores, Music Services, Internet Radio, Music Library, Now Playing, and Squeeze Network."

I thought that I would go to "Internet Radio" but when I select that, nothing happens. It changes what is displayed in the slim device window but nothing else is displayed.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, going to any of the options in navigate does nothing. The screen doesn't refresh, nothing happens.

It works find in squeezecenter.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you already gotten it to work with softqueeze?

http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/

I have a feeling the problem isnt slimplayer; and you might get the same problem with any other client trying to access SqueezeCenter. I would first try to get the most basic setup to work without slimplayer/sageTV before trying slimplayer.

Once you know you can navigate through menus using the Logitech Squeezecenter + Softsqueeze, you can try Slimplayer (slimplayer uses the same method to talk to SqueezeCenter.. via Softsqueeze.jar).

Good luck..

Quote:
Yes, going to any of the options in navigate does nothing. The screen doesn't refresh, nothing happens.

It works find in squeezecenter.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

7 At this moment select either EXCLUSIVE or INDEPENDENT mode to verify basic operation works

Thanks.
Go into the settings/options menu on the slimplayer menu (press crtl-o).
(Depending on focus in the menu you might need to select slimplayer option first.)
select audio setup/SageMediaplayer Synchronization
Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry,
Using SageMC on HD200. I don't have anything new in the Music screen and I can't find anything resembling Slimplayer as a new item to add in the menu. What should I be looking for?
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix

Tags
deezer, lastfm, pandora, podcasts, shoutcast, sirius, slacker