SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM

SageTV License in Hauppauge HD-PVR & SageTV Media Center for Windows Bundle

Anyone know what version of SageTv comes standard with this bundle?? 6.5?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Any SageTV server license purchased right now is a v6.x license, which can be used with any version of SageTV released after v6.0 so far.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, Andy!
One more obvious question for you, SageTv Client 6.5 will work perfect with that bundle purchase?

Also, with the PVR, will I be able to view the show live and record it at the same time, or will that require an additional tuner card purchase?

Thanks so much for you're help. I am under a deadline to get this info out...
Old 05-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookitsErin View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, Andy!
One more obvious question for you, SageTv Client 6.5 will work perfect with that bundle purchase?

Also, with the PVR, will I be able to view the show live and record it at the same time, or will that require an additional tuner card purchase?

Thanks so much for you're help. I am under a deadline to get this info out...
You will be able to record and view the same live show but if you want to view a live show and still record a different show at the same time then you will need additional tuners to do that.

My HTPC have 2 tuners connected to 2 DirectTV ird boxes so I could view one live show while it record a different show at the same time.

I have though about adding 1 more tuner but I have not yet encounter to where I needed to have a 3rd tuner added because many network station now days repeat the same show 2-3 hours later so if both of my tuners are in used recording shows and there a 3rd show that I like to watch then SageTV will recorded the 3rd show in 2 hours later when it is repeated again on the network.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x

Last edited by TechBill; 05-28-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookitsErin View Post
Yes.

Quote:
Just so you know: live TV in SageTV is simply a recording that you happen to watch while it is recording.

There is a PDF manual installed with SageTV (and available as a separate download); you may want to check out the "Watching Live TV" section (p. 21) of chapter 2's Quick Start Guide.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.